Your Choice Lace KAL - Starting in June

HomekeepingGran

Hello Ladies,

Carla- I am so glad to see that the DH is doing well. That is great news. I iwll continue to hold you both in my prayers.

I had such pain yesterday afternoon that I had the hubbie take me to urgent care. They re-xrayed the hip and it turns out that a disk in my back is buldging and the hip was dislocated. No wonder I hurt so bad. I REALLY HATE DOCTORS!!!! Anyway they reset the hip (OUCH!!!!!!) and I have to go to physical therapy for the disk and hip for the next several weeks but I think it will be helpful. The pain is so much better today that I think I may actually get to knit and crochet today. We will see. It still hurts a bit to sit or stand for a long time so I have to trade off every half hour or so but so much better that it was.

Well off to see what else is going on at the Vile and then see if I can get some knit time in on my scarf.

Have a good day everyone.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HkG- Glad to hear that Hubie is doing okay..

hope the pictures look good enough to bring him home today..

Wiz- Good thing you went to the doctors. No wonder you were in so much pain.

Feel better soon..

me -My jaw is a nice yellow-green sort of color. Getting better. Didn't work on much of anything yesterday. But today is another day and things are bound to get better..

Good night, this group has health problems. Nobody is going to want to join us for fear of falling apart!

My husband is doing well. We're home. We're tired. We're going up to the little Mexican restaurant in the neighborhood for supper because I'm whipped. (They don't even speak English there and once I had the little girl bring me a phone to talk to someone who is bilingual in order to find out what spreads I wanted on my hamburger, LOL!)

Tammy. Wow, girl. You fixed it up and not in a good way. I will pray for you and your poor hip. I'm so glad your husband took you to the doctor. I hope all the re-location and therapies help you, dear friend.

mamaoso, it's good your jaw is looking better. Maybe it won't be long before it's back to normal coloration. Does it still hurt?

Ana, I'm going to be so excited to see that pretty scarf. It sounds like it's coming along beautifully.

Well I managed to work on my scarf a bit and I did a few more bookmarks including a new knitted one. I will post a picture of it tomorrow. It is on the blocking table at the moment. The Egeblad now has 12 rows completed. Now that the hip is in the right place I am not having anywhere near as much pain. I still have to be careful because the dics is still a mess but the hip is so much better. I can't believe the difference. I do have to say though that when they put it back in place I nearly died. That REALLY hurt. I thought I was going to pass out from that pain. I can take a lot of pain but that is one thing I don't ever want to repeat.

HKG- Glad everthing is going well at your house..

My jaw is a little sore but going away..

Wiz- You're knitting again!!! I had my shoulder put back in place. I can't fathom the pain for the hip...:eek

I have one sock done. starting on the other. I really would rather do both at the same time..:( But when you can't---.

I do like the fit of this sock. May just have to try it plain without the stripes. Yea, I put the ruffle on top..

post-1753-135897424132_thumb.jpg

It looks really good, mamaoso! I spotted the ruffle right away — couldn't resist, huh? :lol This is such a cute sock. If I liked to knit socks better than I do, I might have been tempted to try one but I notice not everyone is getting good-looking stripes like you are. You must have "the" touch!

Tammy, it's so good to hear that you're a little better! I know you are still in a lot of pain but maybe it won't be too long before it subsides and you truly feel good again.

My husband feels pretty good. His activities are a bit restricted for a few days and next week we go out of state again since he has a business seminar. He is allowed to travel and I think it might be good that he can't jump right back into yardwork immedately.

I haven't knitted a stitch in days. I've embroidered a little but this week has been so busy that... well, that's just how it goes sometimes. :P

Mamaoso I love that sock. That is one thing I have never attempted to knit yet. I have always thught about it but have never done it. I have made baby booties though but that is not the same.

Carla- So glad to hear the DH is doing well. I's still going to hold the two of yu in my prayers. It just feels like the right thing to do.

I got a few more rows on the scarf and I got several more bookmarks made so I am making some progress. The Egeblad is a bit on the back burner until I get the bookmarks done for the library since I dont have a lot of time left to make them.

Not much else going on today. Have a great weekend everybody! :hug

Wiz- :manyheart your bookmarkers.. They turned out so pretty.

Thank you fro your kind comments on my Zebra sock.. I'm trying to get the stripes in the same place on the second sock (as close as I can). I know that I won't be able to match them, but then again Zebras legs don't match.:lol

HKG- Glad to here that hubie is doing well.

Now you can get your work done on your hands.;)

I found a pattern for sock Monkeys made out of sock yarn. And for some reason I have alot of sock yarn in my stash. I started on MR. Monkeys legs yesterday. Only got 2 inches so far will post when I get more. I have 5 cakes of black and white self striping sock yarn so, Mr. Monkey is going to be black and white.:think

If he turns out okay I'll just throw him in my Charity pile.

:yes Yep, I'm working with blue and black stripe Zebra socks and black and white stripe Monkey.:lol

Well, guys, I will be unavailable again next week. My husband has an out-of-town trip to near where my father lives so I visit while he learns at his seminar. In the meantime...

mamaoso, I think you must really like to make socks to have all that sock yarn lying around. Be sure to post a picture of Mr. Monkey when you are done. Interesting to make a nearly zebra-striped monkey! Some child will cherish him, I am sure. :yes

Knit on, everyone! Maybe someday before too long I can start back knitting, too. I might sneak in a row here and there just because I miss it so much.

Hope you have a nice visit with your dad..

Take care, you will be missed.

Me ~ I have the legs and body done for Mr. Monkey. Going to have to make more. Have a lot of yarn left..:lol

Socks are moving along slowly. I wish I could have done both at the same time..:P

Hi Ladies

Thought I would just pop in and say hello. I have about 3/4 of my scarf finished now and I have 16 row of the EGEBLAD done. I haven't really been working on this much lately. I am doing a few PIF (pay it forwards) for all the times someone has done something nice for me, as well as making a ton of bookmarks for the library. i only have a few weeks left to make bookmarks so I am trying to focus there then I will NOT volunteer to make anything for a bit (yeah right) so I can consentrate on getting my scarf done and work on my doily. I so love working on it. It is not nearly as hard to do as it looks but it does take concentration and time. Neither any I have right now.

The hip is doing really well and the back is coming along ok. I stil have good and bad days but I just try to take them as they come and keep moving forward.

Off to check out what else is going on in the Ville and then to get some laundry and bookmarks done. See you soon.

Wiz, I had Knitting Daily newsletter in my email today and they have this pattern.

I don't know if you get it too, but here is a new Bookmarker pattern. http://www.interweave.com/needle/projects/knittedlace_bookmarkPF.asp

Me ~ working on my sock and Mr. Monkeys arms. Have his legs, body and head done.

I found a pattern for a knitted Hippo. My Hubbie sings that Christmas Song "All I want for Christmas is a Hippopotamus." So I'm going to make him one to put in his stocking. www.Mybootee.com :lol

Hi Guys :wavingI hope everyone is doing well..

Well been busy with the scarf and my vegie garden ..:yes All my :tdance still keep me company when I am outside I also have the company of a couple of hummingbirds ,they are so little and really curious of what I am doing ..I have some feeders for them and they :manyheart that sugar and water . The deers are loving the seeds I been putting out for the birds ..:think I think I better start putting the feeder a bit higher.:lol

post-6068-135897426677_thumb.jpg

post-6068-13589742668_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897426682_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897426683_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897426687_thumb.jpg

Mamaoso - Thank you for the bookmark pattern link. I don't get the newsletter so I appreciate you letting me know about it.

Ana - Are you starting your own backyard zoo? Great pictures!!!! Your scarf is looking great. Mine is still not done. Too hot to work with mohair. I am stilll doing a row here and there but it sticks to me too much to want to work with it.

I am still making bookmarks like mad and ocassionally picking up my doily but not really making a lot of progress. I also started testing a crochet pattern for a member here on the ville. I don't know if its ok to say what or for who yet so as soon as I know its OK I will let you know.

This is the time of year when the storms and humidity come into Arizona so working with anything but cotton right now is not really a fun thing. Don't let the saying "but it's a dry heat" fool you. This time of year is truely **** on earth for us Arizonans. Not only is it 114 out right now but the humidity is way up. It's like living in a sauna the entire month of August. This is the one time of year I would rather be just about anywhere else. I relly dont mind the heat so much but once you have it and the humidity it's ****.

Ok enough complaining. Off to see if I can get any progress done on anything today. See you later, if I don't melt first.

Thanks Ladies. I am fine now. Still sad over the loss of the wips but I am ok. I still have the knit scarf. I did not have that with me so I am glad I did not loose it. I did loose my doily though after finishing 22 rounds on it. That hurts! I do plan to try it again but I think I will wait until this heat and stick weather is over. That's not until mid September around here. I may try it sooner but right now I am just still trying to gt over the shock and figure out what I have and what I need to replace. Loosing my knitpicks yarn and needles was the real thing that is heartbreaking but I will get over it. I dont buy a lot of expensive yarns but I do have a few hanks left so I will just move on and not dwell on it. There is nothing I can do about it and he really is a very cute puppy so I forgive him. He was just being a puppy and that is what they do sometimes.

That's what puppies do alright but it's too bad he did it with your things! :(

A quick report on our trip: it went pretty well overall. Daddy was having some of his periodic trouble with inner ear so he was mainly sleeping with all the meds. I hung out in the other part of the house to not disturb him. My husband had hoped to go fishing with Daddy once his conference ended but it will have to be another time. The weather will be better in the fall anyway. We stopped overnight in Vicksburg, Mississippi, on the way home and took in the Civil War Museum and Park the next morning. Vicksburg is such an interesting town if you are at all fascinated by the Civil War and we both are! One of those odd tidbits: Grant took Vicksburg on July 3 and the official truce/armistice was signed on July 4th. For over a century afterward Vicksburg did NOT celebrate the U.S. Independence Day at all. Eventually the old memories faded (took long enough, huh?) and they now have a July 4th celebration.

Oh, it hurts some all the time and a lot if I do too much. Same old same old. I see a doctor this week, Lord willing.

My husband and I both love biography and many of the ones we've read have centered around Civil War figures. Not all the bios, not by a long shot, but the CW was an amazing time in our history and we have read quite a bit from then. I just wish I could remember it like he does. Sigh. He has a really good memory for this kind of detail.

Archived