Your Choice Lace KAL - Starting in June

HomekeepingGran

The ladies with their kids is great picture..

Thanks for sharing..

No much getting done but 1 pair of baby socks and part of a hat over the weekend.

Thought that being on oxygen 24/7 would give me some energy, but no.

Maybe get something done this week..

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, ladies. Our broadband tower is down so I'm at the library using the computer. I HOPE the thing is fixed before I get back home. We have sooooooo much trouble with this ISP but ISPs are hard to come by where we live so we've stayed with them so far.

I hope you are better, mamaoso. I know oxygen really helps if it's needed. How is your lace coming along?

I've done nearly nothing on my scarf. The silly hand continues to bother me. (Shrug.) Maybe later this today I can do a few rows but things are also busy with us in general. My husband had a doctor's appointment yesterday in a town about 1½ hours away and we also visited with a friend in the hospital there. It basically took the day.

Hope everyone is doing OK?

Slow progress here this week. I hurt my shoulder so that slowed me down. It is now feeling much better but this sinus headache is killing me. 3 days now and I am about to go insane. My face hurts so bad. I went to dr to make sure no infection. he says he thinks it is just the air quality that is making me miserable. I don't know what it is but my head hurts and he nasal drip is making me so nausious I feel like dung! Oh well. Maybe I will get somethng done today but not if I feel like this all day.

I stilll plan on starting the Egeblad in July but for now I want to finish my scarf and get a few holiday ROAKS out. I have made a few bookmarks too but just not up to taking photos or anything else at the moment.

Hope you are all having a better week than I am.

Man, we are a bunch of sickly knitters, aren't we? Is there anyone NOT having something bothering them?

I am so sorry, Tammy. Sinus stuff is so miserable. I hope you feel better fast.

Hi Guys!!

Well I was not hurting bad this morning I did knit a couple of rows ,then I went and did some gardening :flower I have a little rock garden that I started by the bird feeders that I put more perennials in..but that darn :ttalksits on my ferns and flatten them :sigh.. so I don't know what to do ..:think But know I am hurting and in need of a pain pill so I can rest ..:sleep

I hope everybody feels better too!!:yes

You know I filled those bird feeders this morning and 2 are empty and the big one just got a little bit left..I got pigs for birds..:pig

post-6068-135897419379_thumb.jpg

Ana your yard looks so pretty. I miss the green. Everything here has been brown for months but I guess you have to expect that in the desert. Nothing got done here today. Feeling a bit better and the headache is tolerable now but lsat night and this morning I felt like my face was going to fall off it hurt so bad. The sholder is feeling much better and maybe tonight or tomorrow I will actually get something done if the face is good. Even sinus perscription wasn't working yesterday. Its only 5:30 pm here right now and I am ready to call it a day I feel so worn out. Well tomorrow is another day and another opportunity to get things done so I think I will just curl up with a good book and call it a day. See ya tomorrow ladies.

Ana, I know you can keep a better watch on your yard from there than I can from here but... could squirrels be helping themselves to the turkey's food? Squirrels are some of the most brazen, determined thieves on the planet. Wiley, amazing even. And we had a pretty little planter that a neighbor's cat liked to sit in. Smush. So much for the flowers. — I hope YOU are better, too!

Tammy, any change this morning? Take it easy until the pressure in your head lets up. That is such an awful feeling.

mamaoso? You?

Well, although my body needs very much to go exercise at Curves I could be preempted. I need to touch base again with someone doing work in the yard to see if today is the day he is coming like he mentioned he might. Plus, some gal is supposed to pick up a small desk we're giving away on Freecycle and I don't know when she is coming. I guess I'll just have to clean up the kitchen instead! ;)

No, I've not knitted in a few days. Sigh.

Oh Carla yes ..I have about 4 squirrels and yes they are good at taking the sunflower seeds out of the feeders ..but the funny thing they are afraid of the :ttalk when they are around ..and here is one of them helping himself to lunch.. But yesterday while I was gardening they were not there it was all birdies eating away..:lol

Tammy I feel sad that you have no greenery ..With all the rain we had everything looks greener... Do you have cacti ?? or palm trees? I hope your headaches have gone.!!

Here is a picture too of how far I have gone with my yellow scarf..:( Oh I forgot to insert the last picture..:heehee

Mamaoso..:hug

post-6068-135897419493_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897419512_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897419516_thumb.jpg

Feeling much better today. Only a twinge of a headache and mild body aches so feeling a whole lot better.

Ana your scarf looks great. You have quite the acrobatic squirel there.

I do have some greenery but not as much as I wish I had. This is the time of year were the grass all turns brown from the heat. I dont have cactus on my property except for one prickle pear but I do have oleanders and Mexican bird of paridise and I have a lot of paloverde trees but it is not the same as the green back there. No where near as much or as deep a green. This is my place. Kind of out of place here in the desert. We used to live in OHIO and the house was designed when we lived there. We desided to be different and built it here instead.

post-13959-135897419519_thumb.jpg

post-13959-135897419524_thumb.jpg

post-13959-135897419527_thumb.jpg

Tammy love your house ...:yes I have a plan for our house when hubby retires and my last son graduates from high school ..is a log cabin in the woods ..:yes don't know what woods yet..:think I got about 3 years to decide God willing ..:)..I have been working on the scarf a little bit every morning . It's 32inches

:clap ..

I guess the turkeys seem huge to the squirrels, Ana. When we lived in town the brown/gold squirrels like in your picture were what we had. Now only about 14 miles out into the "country" we have those and also some big black ones. They're all very efficient at eating whatever they can find, including anything from a garden. We planted a couple of pecan trees last fall and I am wondering how much the squirrels will get when the trees begin to bear.

Ana, that golden scarf is looking so nice. How much more do you have to knit?

Tammy, our grass will brown off almost that much a little later in the summer. We had a spring of constant deluge and everything was so green. Now it's beginning to really need a drink but other than a few very scattered showers all it will get is whatever watering we do. It's pretty brown by about September.

Your house is pretty. I like the steep roof line on that section in the front.

I've been working on a major house pick-up this morning. My husband and I aren't the worst clutterers but we're far from super-neat, especially me. I had let kitchen counters clutter up really bad and now I'm about halfway around clearing off and scrubbing countertops. But I'm getting tired and my feet hurt. (Yup, hands and feet both, LOL.) Maybe I can put my feet up and knit a couple of rows before long.

Carla

I think I should take it to about 72 inches ,so maybe I can wrap it around twice around my neck ..:think

I have seen a lot of wildlife in my back yard except the black bears .:whewA couple of towns over have seen them and they have caused havoc in their yards.:scared

I bet you don't want to see bears. I know other large wildlife like deer are in suburban areas but I didn't realize bears were in suburbia outside of Alaska and Canada. :eek

Well, it's the weekend but even my knitting is barely any bigger than when I posted a couple of weeks ago. It really does bother my silly hand to knit. I thought I could do some embroidery if I used a hoop and some of it does work OK, mainly the stab technique, so that my sore hand is doing nothing but hanging onto the hoop rim. Other of it (non-stab)... meh... makes my hand hurt. It's so hard to not do some kind of handwork (whining). My husband will see me doing something and ask, "How's your hand?" He never tells me to stop, just, "How's your hand?" — I know, I know.

So, after all my complaining this morning... (cheerily) does anyone have any progress to report? We haven't heard from Kelly and I am wondering if she is still with us. Maybe she is swooping on with her lace knitting. I hope so!

:yes

We haven't heard from Kelly and I am wondering if she is still with us. Maybe she is swooping on with her lace knitting. I hope so!

:yes

I am still with you having little time lately to work on anything as I just found a job (after 4 months of looking TG!!!) I was being to believe nobody needed me other than to pack lunches, pick up their towels and be their personal drivers :think:(

But I am now working - got through the tough part (training) now applying the newly acquired knowledge and making a steady pace :cheer

I took my lace work with me to work on Thursday & Friday and make some progress..... note it is not the original pattern I was going to use, I did not feel that comfortable yet...maybe next go round. It is an easy pattern and I have enjoyed working on it. (having a slight problem remembering if I need to start with YO or k2tog -trying to use a poker chip labeled to see if that helps)Anyway here is the picture of my progress - currently at 14" in length :D

Carla please take care of your hand - I really hurt my hand once and was out of crocheting/knit for and entire month :eek Talk about boredom....anyway please take care of yourself :hug

post-3868-135897420227_thumb.jpg

I haven't been working on my Lace project. Been a bad girl. Only thing I've been knitting on is my charity projects.

Started to make a couple of LB Cuddly Bunny/Bunny Blanket Buddys. I use things from both patterns and used Dk yarn instead of bulky. Added a few sts here and there.:D July 1st we start our Safari Sock KAL on Ravelry. So I get to start my Electric Blue Zebra socks.. The way you get the stripes you have to do one at a time..:( Oh, well the dreaded second sock thing going on here..

post-1753-13589742024_thumb.jpg

Mamaoso that bunny buddy is adorable.

I have been mostly working on bookmarkers for the library but have done a few more rows to the scarf. I have been slacking off lately. Looks like I need t go on another marathon session again to get things done. I guess the hot weather makes us all slow done a bit. Too hot to want to have anything big lying in your lap.

I was thinking of starting another thread for a whatever Kal in the beginners thread. I was thinking it could be for working on any knitting project whether it was one you needed encoragement to finish or one you have been dying to try. I wa thinking the thread would be one that could be ongoing and anyone can join at any time. What do you think? Good idea/ bad idea?

Good morning. Arrrgh... looks like it's going to be one of those days when I can't type my own name. No idea how many errors I've made and corrected so far.

mamaoso, how big is your blanke buddy? If I leave some of thes in yu'll ssee what i men... [Good grief. Corrected for translation it says: "How big is your blanket buddy? If I leave some of these in you'll see what I mean." — sigh] He's cute. It looks like the same pattern I use for dishcloths until you get to the bunny part.

Kelly, you would take a job over knitting? How could you? I'm aghast. LOL. And I have to say I rather like being a homekeeper and mommy (grandma now) myself. Anyway... on to topic: your scarf is coming along beautifully, my dear! I thought with that splendid start you made you might be doing quite well and I was right. I don't think I've ever seen that yarn label before, Loops Threads (there may be an "and" in there I can't read). The color is quite nice and I like your lacey pattern — it looks like netting, only in a smashing pink. That's quite popular right now, I think.

Another marathon, Tammy? Careful with your hands there, girl! I don't know about another KAL. CALs do great here at Crochetville (go figure) but these KALs, meh. Those of us who join have a great time but not so many joiners. It certainly won't hurt anything to ask and you might get some takers. Up to you, friend.

It's going to take me a few minutes to get it up but in a little bit hop over to the Show 'n Tell for Other Crafts to see what I can do with my sore hand. I must say that my elderly little Kenmore sewing machine came to the rescue. I love that little workhorse friend of mine! I'll tell you a little about it over there. My fall-back craft of machine sewing is what I've done the most of over the years since it clothed my family all this time. Love it, too!

Morning Ladies,

Carla I love the bag. It is very cute.

I haven't been working on much of anything but I did manage to get anouther round on my scarf and 3 bookmarks made yesterday. I really need to kick the bookmarks into gear if I am going to have enugh for the library in time. At least I have them all blocked and starched now. That took a whole day just to do that.

I love how my butterfly bookmarks are turning out. I will try to post pictures later if I can find the camera cable. It cant be too far. Most likely it is burried under the pile of patterns on my desk. I am trying to organize them a bit better so I can find what I want faster. Hahahahahahahahahaha Yeah like that will ever happen. Even with them neatly organized I can never find what I wanted when I want it. Oh well.

It is errand day today so I dont know wht I will get done today if anything so I better get my tush in gear and get moving.

Have a great day ladies.

Rain! We have rain today, praise God! What a nice shower we've had, although with the sun threatening to peek through it's already getting reeeeeeeeeally steamy humid out there. That's OK. I'm just so glad for the shower.

Tammy, I apparently don't remember: are your bookmarks knitted, crocheted or what? Sounds like crochet since they seem to be really fast but what do I know? Lots of people knit really fast, too. And thanks for the compliment.

mamao, what are your temps? It's better today but was slightly over 100º several days last week. You start Electric Blue Zebra Socks soon? I can't wait to see those. I'll have to visit your Safari Sock KAL.

Most of the bookmarks I have been making are crocheted since I knit at a snails pace but I have made a few knitted ones.

today I have been working on a crochet race car for my friend's little boy. He is crazy about cars and I have been wanting to make this for him. He is soon to have a new baby brother so I thought I would give him the car when the baby gets his gifts. This way James wont feel left out. Did I mention that I absolutly adore James? He is the cutest and sweetest little red headed boy I have ever seen.

I will post a picture of the car as soon as I finish it. It is over 100 degrees here and I am HOT and sweaty. YUCK!

Kelly, you would take a job over knitting? How could you? I'm aghast. LOL. And I have to say I rather like being a homekeeper and mommy (grandma now) myself. Anyway... on to topic: your scarf is coming along beautifully, my dear! I thought with that splendid start you made you might be doing quite well and I was right. I don't think I've ever seen that yarn label before, Loops Threads (there may be an "and" in there I can't read). The color is quite nice and I like your lacey pattern — it looks like netting, only in a smashing pink. That's quite popular right now, I think.

quote]

I have to work to support the fibre needs :lol also to keep a roof over my head and the gasoline tank filled to run to the store :devil

Yarn is the new line carried by Michaels - one of their baby sport yarns Loopa & Threads Snuggly Wuggly color choice is Soft Red, though I think it is more like med Pink...who am I to correct color experts:lol

Here is the pattern I am using: http://hockeymomknits-donna.blogspot.com/2007/08/easy-lace-stashbuster-scarf.html found the pattern on Ravelry - it has grown since it's last picture...I can't wait to see how long it will be come Friday :knit

It is soft and squishy...

I don't think I've seen the pattern before but it looks simple and effective all at once. Veddy nice.

mamaoso, I figured out your Rav name. Took me a little bit though. Plus, for the first time (duh, Carla!) I noticed you have a blog. I am so slow sometimes.

Tammy, how long have you been in AZ?

Archived