Your Choice Lace KAL - Starting in June

HomekeepingGran

mamaoso, what is your Ravelry name?

You found me!! misskitty. Sorry that I didn't get back sooner.

Was 106 here yesterday. We have thunderboomers this morning!!!:clap:yay

With rain:cheer:yay

Lake Travis is 27 feet below average to let you all know how dry it is around here..It's only June and everything is getting brown..

I get to start my Sock KAL tomorrow.. I had to have my hubbie hide the pattern so that I wouldn't start them any sooner.. I can't wait either. I've never knitted in the round then switch the other way to purl. That's to get stripes on your socks. Zebra stripes that is..

DGD is going to go to NC for school. Just graduated from HS..

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 106º? LOL. Once in a great while it will get that hot here but more usually 100º-104º. The humidity makes it a killer when it gets that hot.

You get to start your Electric Blue Zebra Socks today, mamaoso! That is, if your husband remembers where he hid them. :devil Did you start at 12:01 a.m? :lol I noticed a lot of you girls were chomping at the bit over on Ravelry!

The green would be hard to live without, Tammy. We lived in Eastern Oregon for 7 years and while the grass browned off pretty early you still had the deep green forests to look at. Very different from Arizona.

Folks, I haven't even picked up my knitting. It really hurts my hand to knit. I've been doing some embroidery because while it still hurts a little, it doesn't bother me nearly as much. (I see the doc about the silly hand next week. We need to talk about some things.) Anyway, I am so sorry to have started this KAL and then to have been so lax about keeping up. I apologize, my friends. I am having a great time chatting with you and watching what you are doing but just can't do much of it myself at the moment.

In the meantime, knit on. :cheer

Hi Guys ,

Carla love your bag ..I too have sewn bags and plus I crochet the handles to them ..I love making them with remnants that I find in interesting in JoAnn's sale bins, and there is enough to made a bag ..Here are a couple I have left, others have gone to my daughter and her friends..I think I am doing knitting for all of us lately ..I have started the 4th roll of thread :yarn..:yes so I am half way there :clap

Mamaoso ..:manyheart that bunny blanket

and Tammy and Kelly I hope you are busy doing what you love ..:yes

post-6068-135897421428_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897421433_thumb.jpg

Ana love the bags and your scarf looks great.

Carla no need to appologize for anything. Life is life and that is all. Sometimes we cant do the things we would like to do no matter how much we want to. Love the embrodery.

Mamaoso I know what you mean about the heat. It is going to be really muggy here and it actually looks like we might just get some badly needed rain too. We shall see. It often looks like it will rain here in the summer but most of the time the water never hits the ground.

Kelly so glad to see you are still hanging around here with us.

OK ladies since I too am on ravelry I will have to see if I can find you. I dont have much of anything on there yet but I use it all the time to find a pattern or yarn or just to see what is going on elsewhere. My user name is the same there.

Well off to see what else is going on here then see if I can find you on Ravelry. Have a good day!

I started my socks :clap. Have the toe done starting the stripes [ fun to do].. I have some Zebra stripes!

Guess everything else is on hold for awhile. Likein' the socks so far.

Just not doing one at a time part.. Hate doing the second sock..:angry

HKG- It's a KAL- we all have our own pace.. Hope you hands feel better so you can knit again..

GK- Your scarf is growing! Good job! I:manyheart your bags, too.

WIZ- see you on Ravelry.. Over to check that out next..

Nice bags, Ana! Your crocheted handles look very special on them, too! Are they lined? Do they have pockets or other hiding places? I love fun bags.

And your scarf is a yard long! I'm impressed! I don't know if I would manage a whole 72" of it but it sure is pretty!

Tammy, I am HomekeepingGran on Ravelry, too. It's so funny but some years back I wanted to join a forum or something and kept being told that every name I could think of was already in use. Harrumph! Now what? I typed in HomekeepingGran and it went right through. I've used it on several forums since and never had any trouble with the name. Never had to be HomekeepingGran2 or anything, LOL.

I've only made a single pair of socks ever, but maybe I need to bookmark that sock forum so I can watch all of you play, mamaoso/misskitty!

I went into town this morning to get my husband's work car inspected (in Texas there is a yearly inspection) and had my sick electronic sewing machine in it to take to the dealer. So what did I forget? It's still in the back floorboard. :oops

Thank You --Tammy ,Mamaoso and Carla

Two bags are lined ,the ones with white and the beige sugar and cream crochet handles , the bigger one is a very heavy fabric and it had the opposite color pattern on the other side and I did not line it . I made the handles with cross-stitch fabric that I had a lot of . Two have pockets on the outside .

The scarf is really easy pattern and I am not using a life line so it goes a little faster ..I am hoping to finish it in a week or two ..:yes I have couple of other lace scarfs I've started that I want to finish ..I think I'll be KAL for a while ..:lol

I have cross-stitch projects as back-up when my hands can't handle the knitting anymore ..:(

Well I managed to do a few more rows on the scarf this morning, made two more bookmarks and all I have left to do on the race car are the wheels. Its kind of stormy looking here so I think this is going to be a good day to get some projects done.

I have been working on my socks.. It's fun making those stripes.. I guess the way my left hand holds the needle when I purl, I have to take breaks every so often.. Hurts after awhile.. I posted a pic at Ravelry..

I have my meet-up on July 15 so I need to finish up on a couple of Charity things that I have started and fill up my bag to take along .. So, I guess my shawl will have to wait yet again.. It's going to be a long KAL.

Just so much to do and so little time....:lol

Long KAL is right. I just canceled my orthopedist's appointment for my hand next week because my husband is going to have surgery we have been waiting for on the same day! We're so pleased it has finally been scheduled.

My hand can wait...

Mamaoso I love the yarn and the sock pattern. I cant wait to see these done.

I am going to start on the Egeblad tomorrow. I want to finish my scarf today if I can (yeah right) and the racecar but it is so muggy here today I dont much feel like doing anything.

Good Morning Ladies.

Well we finally did get some rain here last evening. It was so nice although the lighting was a bit hairy at times. Its odd but I can almost see my plants smiling this morning. They really needed that rain.

I did manage to knit a few more rows on my scarf but it is not finished yet. We will see how it goes today. I just have to sew the wheels on the racecar and it will be done. I did make a few bookmarkes but only a few. Yes I did start my Egeblad yesterday too. I plan to take pictures of all my project progress later today so I will post some when I do. I am really glad I am dome with the racecar. Working with heavy yarns again felt really strange after all the thread I have been using.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July.

Talk to you later.

Here are some pics of the racecar I made for my friends little boy James, my scarf, butterfly bookmarks, and the first 9 rounds of the Egeblad. I love how the Egeblad is turning out so far.

post-13959-135897422187_thumb.jpg

post-13959-135897422191_thumb.jpg

post-13959-135897422194_thumb.jpg

post-13959-135897422196_thumb.jpg

post-13959-135897422199_thumb.jpg

Very cool work, Tammy. Race cars ought always to be red (if not blue, yellow or green, LOL)! You've really come along on the scarf. The flowers are cheery and nice-looking. I can't wait to see Egeblad develop. How clever of you to jump right into it!

mamaoso, you realize that we need regular reports on your socks, don't you? :lol By this time you've probably finished the first one and begun the second. Can't wait to see them!

We will be picking up my husband's mother tomorrow evening at the airport; she insists she has to be here when he has his procedure on Wednesday. Her own health is good for someone nearly 88 but still, she's nearly 88. I hope she does OK while here.

Tons to do — I have to fly, friends...

Hello everybody,

I didn't pick up a hook or needle this weekend!!

My lung were giving my problems this weekend. And I walked into the kitchen and somebody left puddle of water on the floor. Well I slipped and hit the counter with my jaw.. nothing broke just sore..

My heel is done and going up the leg. I like the way I'm getting the stripes in..

You have to get the point of the black where you want it and w&t then purl till get the point of the black where you want it. Just keep doing that till I get it high enough on the leg..I'll take a pic later..

HKG- sending hugs and prayers your way for you and Hubbie. Hope things go well with your MIL being there..

wiz- Love your butterfly bookmarkers!! Great job!!

He's going to love his race car.. Turned out so cute..

Egeblad is looking good so far..

Popping in for a few minutes...

ouch, mamaoso! Ouch! I am so sorry to learn that you fell. I'm bad about leaving water or maybe just not seeing it. I hope your jaw is better soon. And it sounds like your sock is whizzing along! Can't wait to see it.

I thought I would tell you a few more details about my husband's procedure. He has a congenital hole in his heart, a patent foramen ovale. Everyone starts with a foramen ovale (hole between the upper chambers) but for nearly everyone it spontaneously closes very quickly. "Patent" means that it never closed as it should have. In his case he didn't even know he had it until his heart began to throw clots and he started having multiples of TIAs (mini-strokes). On Wednesday the doctor will insert a closure device into his groin and snake it into place in his heart. After a few months tissue will grow over the "plug" and it will be permanent. They routinely put these patients into ICU for one night so that is where he will be Wednesday evening, and then he is supposed to be released to come home on Thursday. Lord willing, all will go well with him. His restrictions will be no driving for a while and absolutely no lifting or any heavy work. Otherwise he can carry on much as usual if he feels like it.

It is amazing to us that they can do this through the groin, very much like a heart cath. We're just so happy he doesn't have to have his chest opened. Thank you for all your good wishes and prayers. We really appreciate them.

HKG- Hope everything works out according to plan. Will keep you both in our prayers.. the things they can do now..

Here is a picture of my socks. Going to finish off this one today. Think I'm going to do a rib cuff instead of the ruffle.. Just not a ruffle kind of a girl.:lol

post-1753-135897422674_thumb.jpg

Carla - I have you and the DH in my prayers. My brother was born with this same kind of hole in his heart and it never did quite heal over. He had this surgery about 3 years ago ( he is now in his upper 40's) and he is doing great.

Mamaoso I love your sock!!!!! Sorry to hear about the slip in the water. I hope your jaw feels better soon. Glad you did not break anything.

I must be having sympathy pains for you both or at least I wish that was all it was. I slipped and twisted my hip friday and it has been hurting ever since. They said it was fine but if that is the case why does it hurt so bad and why do I feel like I am walking funny? I personaly think it feels like I dislocated my hip but the doc said it was fine. I am gonna give it a day or two more and if it still hurts like this I am going to go to another doc. I know something is not right and it is causing a lot of pain in the hip and the back.

I swear I should wear a padded suit sometimes because if there is some stupid way to hurt yourself I smeam to be the one to find it. Just call me Ms Kutz. You have no idea how many times I smack my elbows on the doorways or have broken my toes on something. My DH teases me and tells me I should be in guiness book of records for most Klutzy person.

Carla ,I have you and your husband in my prayers and for a speedy recovery :hug

Mamaoso ..I hope you are feeling better from your fall ..Did you have it checked out by your doctor ? Some falls get worse later if they are not looked at ..:hug Love your sock..!

Tammy, my goodness you too ..I hope you feel better too ..:hug Love your scarf, butterfly bookmarks, and you started your Egeblad looks like a good start.

Well me I just same old pains and in a way it seems I am getting use to them. I have had them so so long ..I don't remember how it was without them :think I keep knitting my sunny scarf it is getting longer and longer :clap

HKG- Keeping you and family in our prayers.

wiz - Hope your hip and back feel better today.. Boy, we are a sorry bunch lately..:(

GK - Yea I had the jaw check out and pictures taken.. It's black and blue. Hubby said that I can't leave the house til the color is back to normal. They toss him in jail cos' everyone will think that he hit me.:lol

Glad your sunny Scarf is getting longer..

I frogged a few rows of my socks. I had a very loose sts and wanted to fix it. Started to knit again and noticed that when I picked up my stitches from the last frogging I twisted the stitches. So going back and try again, today..

Carla - I am sending big hugs and prayers for you and the DH. Please know you both will be in my prayers. :hug

Mamaoso- Hows the jaw? Sure hope you are feeling better.

Ana- Thanks for the kind words.

I didn't work on a thing at all yesterday. My back and hip are really hurting now. DH say is not better tomorrow he is taking me to doctors kicking and screaming if he has to. I hate doctors!!!! Sleeping has become almost impossible and sitting for more than 5 minutes is causing me great pain in the backand hip. If I walk it seems to easy the pain but then my knees start hurting so I feel like I am in a no win situation right now.

Well enough complaining. I am going to get out of this chair and go for a little walk arond the yard. We have a little over 3 acres so that should help. I really would like to get into the pool but it is above ground and right now I can not climb the latter to get in and out. Oh well. Off for a walk.

Have a good day everyone!

Hi, friends! Popping in right to say my sweet husband is doing so well. The doctor got the closure device into place very fast and now he just has about 2 more hours from now to lie perfectly still from the insertion site in his groin. He was watching political TV (ugh, LOL!) when we left, trying to while away the time. His mother and I will return in the morning when they will take another picture to be sure it's all in the right place and if it is, we bring him home. I'm so grateful to God for the ability to fix this health problem for him. And thank you, each and every one for your thoughtful prayers.

mamaoso, hope your poor jaw gets better soon. I will remember you in my prayers, too. Once my sis-in-law had some odd sores on her legs and she told someone my brother had hit her with a baseball bat. She was absolutely kidding but the fellow shot such a look at my brother! She had to back out of that one right away.

Wow, Tammy, we're all down these days. It can really be troublesome to wrench your back. Your husband is right. You do need to see a doc! I hope you get relief. I'll think of you tonight, too.

I'm quite tired and heading off to bed. I will try to check in tomorrow after we get back home.

Archived