Your Choice Lace KAL - Starting in June

HomekeepingGran

Diane, I am in love! What a beautiful afghan you made for your mother! A simple, elegant pattern in that cream — it simply couldn't be better. I'm impressed, friend.

Ana, thanks for the color help. A little while back I was looking at a hand made toiletry item someone had for sale for men and on my screen her label was as pink as could be. When I commented she said it was white. Various people chimed in and mine was not the only monitor registering pink for her label. So anymore, I can't trust it.

Hope everyone had a good holiday! Leftovers tonight!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank Gran. :)

My dad commissioned me to make a pair of socks for mom as a birthday gift (Jan 3rd). I decide not to make pedicure socks. I have no way to measure my mom's feet. My dad want the birthday gift to be absolutely a surprise for mom.

So I think about knitting up a lacy pair of socks. Later this week, I will check my LYS and decide on the colors and yarn material. I still want to make a pair of pedicure socks for her. I think I can make it as a mother's day gift, perfect timing for warmer weather, etc. :yes

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone is having a Happy and Healthy New Year :clap I have had no computer for the past month or two..:clapI checked on the site with my Blackberry phone but it is hard to post and post pictures. So since fixing my old computer cost more than buying a new one I decide to buy a laptop.:yes Is taking me a while getting use to, but worth it. Ok here are some knitting I am working on . All are knitted in #10 thread :yarn and size 1, size 2 needles ;) .:yes

post-6068-135897492563_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897492567_thumb.jpg

post-6068-13589749257_thumb.jpg

Hello, Ladies! Whew. My husband and I drove barely under 2200 miles over the holidays and then had grandchildren in our home less than 24 hours after we set foot back into our house. Busy!!! I trust everyone else had a good holiday, too?

My poor little scarf is destined to take a year, I think. It has simply been too wild to even think about working on it. Maybe soon I can get back into the groove. But it does sound as if several of you are blazing away on socks!

Hi Ladies!

I haven't been doig much of anything since Christmas. I ended up with food poisioning and that stopped me in my tracks for about a week. I have been slowly working on a large fillet afghan for a friends birthday and am almost done with it. Only 22 more rows to go. I am then going to try a little bobbin lace making. I have had my kit for a bit now but promissed not to start a new obsession until after the new year and finishing my friends gift. My sister also sent me a locker hook kit that I have sitting in the corner calling my name. To tell the truth I am taking a break for a bit so I can get through some of the books that have been piling up waiting to be read. Reading is also one of my passions and right now it is demanding to be fed so that is what I am doing. I do have a purple bunny that is next on my list to be created for a friend that has been there for me many times. She is a member here on the ville so she may see this but she alrady knows I have one in the planning phase. I just have to deside if it will be yarn or thread and what size it will be. As soon as I finish the ghan then Iwill let the creative juices flow and we will see what kind of rabbit materializes.

Ana- you must have the determination of an angel to knit that large of a project in thread. I have a few thread knitting projects witing for their turn to be put to life. So many projects so little of me to work on them. Poor things.

Hi guys,

Carla

We were going to take a short trip to Florida to visit our two sons one in Orlando and the other in Tampa, but hubby got offered a good job for the city of Pittsbugh, he is in the forestry department as their certified Arborist.:clap So now we'll take the trip next year. We could not pass up the job. Socks are not on my needles :blush, still trying to finish all the scarves I have started.:yes

Tammy ,

I do like a round robin with my scarves. One day I'll do a couple rows of one, then I'll a couple of rows of another this way I don't get too board with any one .then I just pray that I don't find a pattern and start a new scarf..:lol I just love how the cotton thread feels. I have one of those locker hook and a rug hook in one of my boxes so I don't here them calling me.:lol

Hello there, I am glad to be back. :D

Life has been hectic for me, almost no crafting except for xmas and mom's birthday gift. I end up deceiving mom by claiming that the pedicure sock is for me. I ask her to have the sock to fit on her foot. (My foot is larger than her, wider heel, etc). In the end, I have the knowledge of my mother's foot measurements. :devil

I end up making a pair of pedicure socks from Lorna yarn (purple, red, orange and dark orange/yellow varigated in random stripes) for her Jan birthday gift. She really appreciate that I finish it a day early, compared to her winter lace afghan which is almost a year late. This year, I have to knit up a sweater with simple cables for her xmas gift. It might be my own personal pattern.

Anyway, I do have some lace project queues in Ravelry. I am undecided which one to start. I am crazy enough to do the shipwreck shawl (free pattern in Knitty Spring 2009, also in Ravelry). I just want to do one huge project that's so huge but doable anytime in the year. It's the blocking that scared me a lot. :lol I might start up with few smaller projects like dishcloths and three market bags. I also do have some lace socks that I want to do this year. By then, I might want to do a shawl by end of the year. :rofl

I just have a thought - Anyone feel like a seperate KAL for a crazy experienced level project like the pattern mentioned in this post ? (Shipwreck Shawl, for example)

• 1 month later...

Whew. I got in C'ville! And it seems to actually be working for me. We made some changes in our computer right after getting back from Christmas and the changes and C'ville don't seem to like each other. It has been really hard to get in and do anything.

Anyway... tada! I finally finished my little Alhambra Scarf. I'm afraid I don't yet have a picture although I've worn it a few times. I love the deep, foresty green and the swirling, interlocking patterns! I'll try to get a picture and upload it soon. But the way things are going, who knows whether I can or not? I've just begun another Anne Hanson scarf. Maybe it won't take so long to finish this one. Kind of a turquoisey green and I don't remember the pattern name but am too lazy to go look at it right now. Oh, wait — Coral Gables, I think.

Shipwreck is beautiful, tahlara, but... I dunno. I'm awfully slow and let myself get sidetracked on these big projects like that. And I would have to buy yarn which I have kind of promised myself I'm not going to do until I knit/crochet up some of what I have. Shipwreck is a gorgeous thing, though. Did you decide to start it?

Ana, you are going to town, girl! Look at all those finished projects! Shawls, scarves — you're blazing!

Wiz, I know what you mean about the books. I got reacquainted with my library recently and, well, I've been reading some good stuff. I just wish our little library had even more things, but I should complain. We're a relatively small town and the city council keeps them on a tight budget. They do the best they can, I know.

Shipwreck is beautiful, tahlara, but... I dunno. I'm awfully slow and let myself get sidetracked on these big projects like that. And I would have to buy yarn which I have kind of promised myself I'm not going to do until I knit/crochet up some of what I have. Shipwreck is a gorgeous thing, though. Did you decide to start it?

With things going on lately, I decide not to do Shipwreck anytime soon. I might start it in the summer if I do have some spare time between WIPs. So far, I have two xmas commitments. Who knows if my mother decide to ask me to do gifts for relatives again ?

I would love to see the pictures of the shawl sometimes. :)

For my lace projects, I only have one ripple afghan in lace pattern. It's in same yarn as my mother's Lace Winter afghan, Lion Brand's Thick and Quick. It's in same color, Fisherman. I asked her if I can make another afghan for her living room. I got her approval on this afghan. It will be my parents' place project, where I will knit it only at their place for our family TV times.

I think I will do some lace projects in late spring. I want to get some 'winter' projects done first. Anyone plan to start new lace projects ?

The way things are going between my computer and C'ville, this may not post, but I'm going to try.

I did take some pictures of my scarf but we did some things on our computer recently and now the software to unload them from my camera is missing off the desktop. If it's not one thing, it's another! Maybe later we'll get it all together and I can post a pic. My finished scarf is Alhambra by Anne Hanson. I used KnitPicks Gloss in a deep, foresty green. In pictures my Alhambra looks nearly black but is a definite green in real life. I am getting compliments on it when I wear it, which I am doing quite a bit in this cold winter. It has turned out to look good with several of my clothes and I also like it with my deep navy winter coat.

Yes, I like dark colors, why do you ask?

As mentioned earlier I have just barely started Anne's Coral Gables, also in a KnitPicks yarn. I can't remember if it is Gloss but it is one of their kettle-dyed yarns in a greeny turquoise. I rather wish there was more definite color variation since their catalogs show kettle-dyed as being less uniform than the skein I got, but it's going to be nice one way or the other. This is a lovely color, but unless I buy some new clothes it's not going to match much of what I own. My sweet mother-in-law, however, wears a pretty winter-white coat all winter and it would be smashing with her white hair and white coat! I'm planning it for her Christmas gift of '10, Lord willing.

Another winter white afghan, Diane! Wow. You are a busy girl! I hope C'ville starts cooperating with my computer so I can see it when you get done. I know your fingers must fly!

I am not going to work on that afghan frequently. I will only work on it when I visit my parents. It's my parents' home project. I tend to visit them few times each month.

Not only that, they plan to be out of state for five months. I will do the house sitting for them. I will work a lot on the afghan, starting in May.

No rush on the pictures, please do them when you have time. :) I heard a lot about Knitpicks yarn. I didn't have a chance to try them. Anyway, I am excited about the Stitches West this weekend. I am trying to stick to my budget and see if I can buy some good deal on cones of yarn. ;)

Hi Girls !

Carla nice to see you back..hope you get your gremlins :devil fix on your computer.Your scarf must be beautiful I love that pattern...Diana you seem to be busy too...I am back trying to finnish my sunny scarf I got about another foot to go . :yes

It's not really a matter of time, Diane, but that the software is no longer on this computer. Maybe tomorrow night I can ask my husband about it. He may know where the software is to download again.

Hi, Ana! (Waving...) How long will your sunny scarf be? You've been so patient with that one, keeping it going to great lengths, if I remember right.

I was knitting away last night and when I got up for a moment to do something realized I was beat, and promptly decided to go to bed. I rarely sleep so soundly or so long but then I had a hard time making myself get up this morning. I wish knitting always did that to me in the evening, LOL! It would be my sleeping pill.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, friends! I hope this new (to us) laptop we bought from our daughter will actually let me participate in C'ville again. I've missed being here but it was just too hard on our older, cranky computer. We still have that one but I am mainly working off the laptop. I hate to admit it but I am in exactly the same position about a picture of my finished scarf today as I was in February: the scarf is done, I can readily take a picture of it. What I can't do is get it loaded onto a computer and then onto the 'Net. I am definitely frustrated with that and my sweet husband is working hard to correct it, but something just isn't jiving around here. In the meantime, I have several inches knitted on Coral Gables and have given it a rest in order to crochet a strip of thread lace. You know how we C'ville knitters are — we like to move back and forth between craft mediums! Maybe by the time I finish the crocheted piece the computer will cooperate again and the finished scarf pic can be loaded. And... what is everyone doing? I saw how Ana finished her lovely Golden Scarf and a beautiful thing it is, too. Anybody else coming along with something?

Hi guys,

Well I picked up the very colorful scarf with the faux cables .I'm making good progress .Hopefully it will be done for Easter..For some reson I can't upload pictures ...:think

Hellooooooooooooooo Ladies!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm just making a lot of Baby Blankies. Guess it's been a cold winter around here..;)

My DD said she like my blankets better then what she can do..:lol Yea, right;) She asked me to make some for her. She took the ones that I had on hand.

I'm going to post my Wip's in beginners since they're so easy..

Just popped in to say Hi..

Hi, Ana. Hi, mamaoso! (Waving.) Glad to know others are still around, at least some. I'll go take a look at your blankies, mama o.

And I must have Crafter's ADD anymore since (sigh) I started yet another project without finishing anything else. A good friend of mine has a mid-April birthday and I am working on this string market bag by Deborah Burger for her. I hope I have enough #3 white thread! I like that the bag makes its own carrying-case. I'm finding myself heartily wishing I had some Comfort Hooks in the right size; all mine are too small for this project and I think I'm spoiled to their nice handles.

• 4 weeks later...

This is Alhambra, an Anne Hansen pattern. Mine is made in KnitPicks Gloss in a deep, foresty spruce colorway. On this computer it looks too silvery but it is a tad greyish. Mainly it's just a deep, deep green.

post-11235-135897523335_thumb.jpg

post-11235-135897523472_thumb.jpg

I am also reporting in with a partially done Coral Gables, yet another scarf by Anne Hansen. This, too, is KnitPicks — their KettleDyed laceweight in a turquoise colorway but I can't remember the actual name of the color. It is greener than it appears on my screen, at least.

post-11235-135897523338_thumb.jpg

Carla , they look great LOVE the colors :manyheart I order some Palette yarn from Knit Picks that was on sale with a kit..Too make that bag . I am trying to finish the scarf first..I finished one half ,I got about 4 inches on the second half.:yes

post-6068-135897523535_thumb.jpg

post-6068-13589752354_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897523543_thumb.jpg

Archived