C&C/RH downloads

I am just curious about something...

http://redheart.com/FreePatterns/tabid/118/Default.aspx?tabid=118&patternid=CTMay07-10.pdf

That is a pattern from RH that I dl'd today. When I choose [save] the name is always "Default.pdf"

Now it is a good thing I generally pay attention to the saves because I could have overwritten every pattern from there otherwise.

My question is about whether other people get that same thing when they dl from there? Every pattern is called "Default.pdf".

It is not a big deal when one considers the vastness of the universe but it is a curious event for all that. :rofl

I guess that's why it's so important to rename a file when you save it. I always check to see what it is called before I do a save as because sometimes it is just a jumble of numbers that I know would mean absolutely nothing to me when I am looking for it! Thanks for the heads up!

I've saved several RH patterns and the name always comes up correctly. I do generally re-name it, though, as I've lots that come up as numbers.

It is really peculiar that it always comes up as Default for you. Can you imagine if you hadn't paid attention and saved it that way? Who knows how many patterns you would have overwritten?!

I always rename before I save any patterns. I'm not even sure I pay attention to what the file is originally called on the website.

Yes I get it however it alerts me that I already have a 'default' file if I forget to change the name of one. Therefore it won't automatically overwrite anything.

Good point ... but I could have a lot of Default patterns as I always save patterns into their proper categories in my files. :wlol

They all come up as Default in the Title for me too, so I rename them whatever the name is in the text.

I think it's strange, and Red Heart won't be able to look up a pattern for anyone, or perhaps that's the point.

Well Darski, since I got my new laptop, I actually just print out the patterns right away I like..lol..oh I KNOW the printer ink, trust me I KNOW...and the BINDERS I have full of patterns, hahahaha I would have to live to be 10,000 years old!!!

HUGS

JoAnn

Archived