light up hook!

I spend too much time in dimly lit hospital rooms:worried. i have found the coolest thing; a crochet hook that lights up:hook! "the crochet lite" i got mine @ Hobby Lobby. I have an H & I. it is amazing that a little LED light can actually put off enuf light so i can still see to crochet! I got my mom one for Christmas :santa, so she can crochet on her Sr Citizen bus trips.

When i don't need the "lite", my fav are my birch hooks w/ oversized handles from twinbirchproducts.com (hope i'm not braking any rules). they are so cool, & guaranteed for life. a new puppy chewed one, & they replaced it!

I have a whole set of the Lite Up hooks are they not the neatest things I use them when using dark colors like black and navy and sometimes I use them just for fun my DH calls them my little light sabers cause all he sees is a flick of light as I crochet

I would love more of those lights I have the h and K hook now I still want more of those hooks as I say to myself you can't have too many hooks so I would love more

Yes and a helpful 'viller recommended a dab of nail polish (like dark pink) at the very tip of the hook so you don't blind yourself as the light "saber" is so bright!

I did this and it was just the trick so I don't blind myself and others!

I used mine twice and the lite blew out already! Now I have to find those batteries. I have a feeling my boys were playing with it but of course no one admits to anything! LOL

I'll have to pick one up this week. Been working on a lot of dark colors lately and this would help. Thanks for telling us about it.

:manyheart

I used mine twice and the lite blew out already! Now I have to find those batteries. I have a feeling my boys were playing with it but of course no one admits to anything! LOL

Mine has lasted quite a while before needing to replace the batteries. I looked up a cross ref on the net cause i couldn't fing G3-A batteries. I found LR41, 392, & 384 are supposed to be interchangable. I don't think I'll have a prop finding any of those.

I love my lite up hooks. I too use mine while working with dark colors and I have even tried using them in the dark just to see if I could still crochet :lol:lol. My HL carries the replacement batteries for them and I bought a few packages of them just in case.

Thanks Mclendon for the useful info on interchangeable batteries. I wrote that down for a future reference.

Thank you so much for this thread!!! I bought a light up hook for my mother who at 76 has just mastered crochet. She Loved it, so much so she bought one for her best friend who has had arthritis issues with her hands and has not been able to crochet. The light up hook handle was just the ticket - she started working on a scarf yesterday and has not put it down and her hands do not hurt her!!! Thanks again for the info!!!

I love the light up hooks! I hold my hook a little strange (or so I have been told), so the fat part of this hook is in just the right place for me. And that is a good tip about the nail polish on the very tip--I've been afraid to use mine while traveling, for fear I distract Hubby's attention from driving! Plus then my kids can't use them to try and blind me.:blink

I plan to purchase one with my birthday money--plus yarn to make an afghan. Wasn't sure about getting one but with all the responses on here, I'm going to try one.

Mine has lasted quite a while before needing to replace the batteries. I looked up a cross ref on the net cause i couldn't fing G3-A batteries. I found LR41, 392, & 384 are supposed to be interchangable. I don't think I'll have a prop finding any of those.

Thanks for that info, I am going in search of now! I can almost guarantee the blow out was the work of the boys but I have no proof that would hold up in court! :D

at this site you can get a gift set of F G H and I for 9.95 + shipping

http://knitlite.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58

Guess where my next stop is? Thanks for this.

I got the scissors to the pink ones they are pretty cool I also got the threader thats a handy gadget will probably get another gift set of hooks I got one for my swap partner in the hooked on crochet swap she wanted to try them so i figured you can't go wrong with 4 sizes right :)

I got the scissors to the pink ones they are pretty cool I also got the threader thats a handy gadget will probably get another gift set of hooks I got one for my swap partner in the hooked on crochet swap she wanted to try them so i figured you can't go wrong with 4 sizes right :)

Right. Can I be your next swap partner, you get good stuff! :D I got the pink scissors too. I really did need scissors so it was a necessity. I didnt see the threader. Guess I have to go back.:devil

oh they also have a seam ripper and a hook rug thingy for latch hooks

hmmm, do you get a kickback? :D You are right, the prices are great. The gift set is very nice and very reasonable and even comes with the cute case I think. I will control myself and refrain from getting one of everything else. At least for tonight.

Thanks so much for sharing that link. My wallet doesnt thank you but I sure do.:clap

hmmm, do you get a kickback? :D You are right, the prices are great. The gift set is very nice and very reasonable and even comes with the cute case I think. I will control myself and refrain from getting one of everything else. At least for tonight.

Thanks so much for sharing that link. My wallet doesnt thank you but I sure do.:clap

:lol I do what I can to enable I mean find great deals for people nah no kickbacks just frequent that site a little more than I should :eek

I saw those hooks and was thinking about getting some, but didnt want to waste money on something that probably didnt work. Now reading everyones posts I am going to try them out. I do crochet in really bad lighting and avoid all dark yarn, so now maybe I can use black and other dark colors more often.

Archived