What can I do with these?

Photo herea%3Eth_hexagon.jpg%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22hexagon%22a%3Ea%3E

I have three hexagons that were going to be part of one big afghan, but when I pieced them together, I just didn't like the look of it... it was too 'busy' and too fussy for my tastes. So I separated it and made three smaller hexagons that are 35" in width at their widest point (without a border).

So what should I do with them? Are they suitable for babyghans or lapghans? (with a border, of course!)

Thanks for your suggestions!a%3E

Hello Autumn!

This is just a basic hexagon in 5 repeating colours - the same five colours every time (RHSS frosty green and tan, TLC Essentials in Taupe and Linen, and RHSS aran.) There's always one row of aran in the hexagon and each hexagon is edged in aran aswell.

The pattern is:

Row 1: 6 ch, join to form a ring.

Row 2: Do 18 dc into the ring.

Row 3: Join new colour. 3 ch (counts as first dc), dc into same space. Still in the same space: ch 1 and 2dc (corner made). Skip three dc in previous row and do next corner into the space after these 3dc: corner = 2dc, ch 1, 2dc. Continue to do this till you have 6 corners made in total.

Row 4: Join new colour (I join in a corner space so the join is not as evident). 3 ch, 1dc, ch1, 2dc (corner made), 2dc in next space (the space between the corners of the previous row); 2dc, ch1, 2dc (corner made). Continue so you make a corner in every corner of the previous row and have 2dc in the space in between.

From this point on, the hexagon just grows: do 2dc, ch1, 2dc in each corner space and 2dc in the spaces between corners.

I'm not very good at writing out instructions, so if it's unclear, just let me know!

Thanks, Deb! I've squared them off as GrannySquare suggested because they might be a bit small for a lapghan. All the motifs are whipstitched together (hence the final row in aran - I like to 'hide' the stitches.) I think I'll make them all into lapghans and the next time I see someone collecting them, just send them all out :D

Archived