Snood Alert Pattern rsvd 7/28 Accepted for calendar

Katchkan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful snood, Kathy! I love that it's connected to the headband unlike other snood patterns I see online. Thanks for sharing the pattern! I'll add this to my loooooong crochet to-do list. :-D

Thank you for the interest. To be honest I am surprised at the response for my snood. Really thought it wasn't much, just something I made to be comfortable. Glad everyone seems to like it.

Everyone that has gotten the pattern or gets the pattern, Please let me know how I did in writting it out. I am feeling a little insecure about my abilities to write a good pattern. But one never knows if one can do something unless you try, right. Thanks once again.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this one. My hair is down to my bottom, so this would be perfect rather than putting it up in a bun all the time. ^_^

I have a few questions: In the pattern you mention thread and Lustre Sheen. Is that ordinary sewing thread? And if so, would it be for making it a little more "stable"? Just curious. ^_^

You did a very good job of writing it out, btw. ^_^

Keep up the good work. ^_^

Nuu ^_^

I used the thread with the luster sheen to make the black a little less stark. It gives almost a tweed look to the thread without over whelming it. Just gives it a softer look. I used a number fifty crochet thread I had, But sewing thread should do the same thing. It is just to adds a smidge of color.

I wore mine to the Bead Festival this weekend and got quite a few compliments on it. What was nice was I could bend over and look at the beads and my hair didn't get in my way. It made it very nice. I was rather pleased with the results of my experiment

Glad to hear you like my pattern.

I have 1 little problem.

Michael's, Wal-Mart, and Joann's doesn't have Luster Sheen. I did find it at Herrschner's, but my husband hates buying things online.

What can I use as a substitute for the Luster Sheen?

Thank-you. ^_^

I got my luster sheen at Joann's. But if yours doesn't carry it then ask what sport weight yarn they have. You could probably use perle cotton size 3 also and be very close the the right size.

I am normally a thread person so I am not an expert on yarn sizes.

oh i love this! over the years placing my hair in a bun has caused a good deal of damage but it's a habit as i hate to put it up in a ponytail! this is a super idea and i wanna make one myself! love it~

Thanks I too have very long hair, down to my derriere, but mine it think, will it still fit it all...I will have to make one and let you know...BTW I think that's just terrible of your DH, for not modeling it, shame on him...LOL!

Kathy, I really love this. I think the addition of the headband is truely inspired. Most Snood do not include it and with extremely fine hair it falls off at the drop of a hat.:tup:idea

Well for all who have downloaded this pattern, You will want to do it again.

I made a few corrections on the Original and redid the download.

I learned my leasson and no pattern will go out with out being tested.

I have to Thank Nuuriell for pointing out the problem.

Sorry for any inconvience.

Kathy

That is beautiful!! I would be wonderful for an evening out when you dont know what to do w/your hair.

kellyv

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, :hook Well on a whim I submitted my snood to the Crochet a day Calendar and it has been Accepted. :yay Makes me feel very proud. I know it is old hat to some of you but for me it is a FIRST I can't describe how I feel. :faint

Thanks for the encouragement.

Archived