Snood Alert Pattern rsvd 7/28 Accepted for calendar

Katchkan

Just finished this yesterday.

My hair is so fine it doesn't hold most bun covers and such. But with Summer upon us I really needed something to get some of my hair off my neck. This is my solution.

Not even sure anyone would be interested in something like this, so I thought I would test the water before I wrote up the pattern.

It is made with Luster sheen and 1 strand of size 50 crochet thread, softened the black. I added garnets for accent, and crocheted roses done in the size 50 thread. I used a 0 size hook.

Heres the pattern

http://www.crochetnbeads.com/files/Snood.pdf

Snood.jpg

I hate having my picture taken but DH refused to model it for me.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great! I love snoods. I'm going to make this one, I think. I hope all my hair fits in it. I have mid back length thick hair.

Ok, just noticed that there isn't a pattern posted yet. :blush Are you going to make one for it?

Okay to answer the questions so far. It's easy to make.

And yes I will write up the pattern.

Plan on posting it as my Thankyou to Crochetville for being here and being what it is. A great support group for all lovers of crochet

Oh and if my hair fits in it yours should. Mine reaches down almost to my toche.

WOW! That is really awesome! I love it and would love to make one for myself. My hair is thin also and long and I can't stand it when I'm hot and it's down or even in a ponytail. I usually clip it up or make a bun and put a scrunchie around it. Is the headband part of the snood or is it 2 separate pieces?

It is all one piece, that is what keeps it from sliding off.

Working on writting the pattern up now, should have it ready to post by tomorrow. Just translating all my notes into a hopefully readable form.

I love that! I cut my tush-length hair to mid-back about a month ago .. just couldn't stand it anymore .. but it grows way fast and even now it's still long enough that I'll get a lot of use out of something like that. Can't wait til you get the pattern posted!

That's really pretty and I like the way it sits against the nape of the neck. It gives it an extra air of elegance.

oh, now this is cuuuuuuuuute! I was just thinking about making something for my hair out of thread, then I happened upon this post *g* I love it when things just fall into place! Thanks so much for sharing your pattern!

That looks cool! :cheer My friend loves to dress up for the Renaissance Festival every year and asked me if I could make her a snood, well I think I just may have found the pattern... :hook

:frog

Archived