I'm Crushed

OMG, what am I going to do, one of my favorite hooks just broke. snapped at the head...NO :no :no :no :no. right in the middle of finishing a jacket. :faint I swear, I literally had one more row to do with this hook. It's my favorite hook, It's a Jimbo Hook that he made from deadwood creek brair bush wood, and it's between a G and H in size. I can't get another one just like that. It isn't like I can run to the local AC Moore and buy one. I can't even find the little head that snapped off. I think I going to cry :cry , I loved :heart that hook. It was like it was made for my hand :eek

Okay, I got to email Jimbo and see if he can make me a new hook.

Well, I have emailed Jimbo and I went back on the auction from 07 when I bought this hook and I bought an egg handle hook at the same time. Never really got use to it but it is the same size.

Fake fingernail glue. It hold porous materials better than super glue.

That really sux. Sorry to hear it. The Michaels down here by me carries a Boye G 1/2 hook. Hopefully you can find something similiar in size.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! This truely is a sad day. Do they have a number like 911 for injured or broken hooks? This is truely a tradgity. Please let us know when the memorial services will be held.

Ok I know I am a little weird but I totally know how you feel. I still morn the day I broke my favorite hook. My DH thought I was crazy when my friends and I held a service in its honor. It had crocheted many a charity project and when it went to crochet hook heaven it got a proper send off from all of us. Only a true crocheter can understand.

Oh no! I certainly feel your pain.

I'd been using the hand carved Brittany hooks for several years and for whatever reason, my lovely Rose (my German Shepherd) decided she liked them too. She had never, ever chewed or destroyed anything in the several years I had her, had never got into my crochet things left around, nothing. She didn't even like to chew bones!

For whatever reason, she decided she had to have that hook and chewed it all up. The only thing I can figure is that it had my scent all over it, the oils from my hand and such. She was definitely Mama's girl. She destroyed one and I got it's replacement away from her before completely chewed, but her teeth marks tore up my yarn, no matter how I tried to sand it.

Sadly, she went over the rainbow bridge last year. If I could have her back, I'd buy her a whole set of Brittany's.

Aw shoot, Tracey!!! Well why don't you send me the hook and I'll see what I can do.

Won't get your project done on time but maybe I can salvage the hook.

Sorry!!!

I will be sending my broke hook over to Jimbo later today. He is such a sweet man. I found my egg hook and it was the same size, so I was able to finish the last row of the irish lace on the sleeve, and decreased down to a g hook for the moss stitch to finish the arm today. So things worked out really well all thing considered. The hook did have a long shank, so Jimbo such be able to fix it. It will go out in the mail today.

Aww good luck! Very sweet of him to try and fix it.

Well now I know to be careful...the other day I was using my favorite bamboo hook (received from a very sweet swap partner) and it seemed like it might snap when I tried to make a slip stitch...now I know that they surely can break, I will have to be much more careful with it!

Archived