What weird places have you found your crochet hooks in your house?

I was given a donation of yarn by a lady at a garage sale. She wanted to donate it since I was crocheting baby things for charity. When I was using one of the skeins of Simply Soft, it had an H crochet hook inside of the yarn! She probably looked and looked for that hook and never found it! FINDERS KEEPERS!!!! :manyheart

I found one the other day in the snake tank. must have had it in my hand when I went to feed her. it was under her log...........lol.

You win! That's the strangest place to find a hook that I've ever heard! :lol

I found my crochet hook on top of the birds cage with all his toys! I guess Buddy decided he liked the shiny hook and took it right out of my work when I wasn't looking.

Buddy thinks you're spending too much time with that hook! He wants your attention, too! :lol

I just lose them in the usual places...in the car, in the couch, by the computer, in my purse, etc. The other day DH tipped up the recliner and found a hook. That's not bad, though.... one time he tipped up the recliner to see why it wouldn't shut, and a pair of scissors was wedged in the metal mechanism. They were bent from him trying to shut the bottom with his legs. I had to throw out the scissors, and DH wasn't too happy with me... :devil But it didn't break the recliner, so it's all good! :lol

In my hair. I must've stuck it in my ponytail when I went to answer the phone or something. Spent quite a bit of time looking for it before I just got another out. Found it when it was time to get in the shower and I was taking my hair down. :lol

:hookColleen

I'm loving all of the strange places you guys are finding your hooks they make me laugh so hard lol I even tell my fiance I'm not the only one this happens to

streams45, absolutely LOVED the poem. Yeppers, I am part of the "lost it, found it" brigade. I've found hooks in my bathrobe pockets, pencil can, eyelet box on my card stamping table, hubby's work table (...hm....), coffee filter box, silverware drawer, numerous times in couch or chair cushions, hooked on the back of my favorite cardigan, in my slipper and at least once in my garden tool bucket (have no clue).

In, on, under and around my big stuffed chair. Under my desk, stuck in skeins of yarn, and in my bins where I sort mail.

The weirdest is my old poodle, Samantha. Sam is no longer on this earth, but she was so sweet and got along marvelously with our Cats. They loved her too as they would all cuddle together for naps.

Anyway, at least one of my cats would always chase the crochet cotton spools when they bounced off the chair onto the floor. Sam would just lay there, probably wondering what the cats found so fascinating with an old ball of string. This one time I put down my work to get the spool, and turned back to find the work on the floor and the steel hook was gone. I looked everywhere for it. That evening when I headed to bed, Sam was curled up with Cuddles (the cat). I saw something shiney under Cuddles paw, and there was my hook!!!

It was really tangled into Sam's curly coat. I don't know if it fell on her or what but...

Poor Cuddles must have worked real hard at crocheting that new coat for Sam, :lol.

my crochetlite I hook was found sticking out of my jack russel's mouth by my DD.:angry She brought it to me and said "Mom don't hurt him too badly":angry of course we still have not found or seen the batteries:eek

oh i still have the crochet hooks my mother bought me when i was 8 just learning so they stay in my little case and when i am not using them they stay in my "special drawer" in 40 years i havent lost one or ever even misplaced it

Janny

My dad bought me a box full of yarn & a zippered hook case with hooks for my 14th birthday. That was 36 years ago & I still have all the hooks - PLUS quite a few more. :hook

The strangest place I ever found a hook was in the toothbrush holder. Seems my DH found one wandering around the hall all by itself. Since he knows I just worry about my hooks going off by themselves & not able to find their way home again, he put it in there so it would be safe until I was able to take care of it. :yay

My neighbor gave me a plastic crochet hook she used to use. She said it is over 50 years old. So I thought I would put it in my hook case. Before I got a chance to do it I lost it. I searched this container next to my desk & I searched my desk. No luck. So I stopped searching. Days later I was moving my yarn pile from my desk & the hook she gave me was underneath it.

I was walking in dollar tree one day I was carrying a crocheted purse. I had some yarn & J hook in purse to work on my scarf in case I had time. I heard this noise you know the sound when metal hits metal the clang sound. I ignored the sound. I took a few steps down the aisle and thought I better see what that was. It was my crochet hook that had fell out of my bag.

Another odd place is I had my G hook with me and we had just came back from town. We rode to town with our neighbor. A few minutes later she drove over I thought that was odd she came over so soon. She found my G hook on the the floor of the passenger side.

Archived