What weird places have you found your crochet hooks in your house?

ok so this morning I was crocheting and I got up to put a movie in and the piece I was working on fell and the hook fell out with it at first I thought the hook was under the couch and I took the flashlight and looked and looked plus I pulled up the sofa because I thought the hook was under it and since I love my crochet lite hook h I was worried that it would break and I didn't want that to happened so I looked again and as it turned out it was behind the tv I thought wasn't that the strangest thing so I was wondering what weird places have you found your crochet hooks?

I've been more surprised by the places where I couldn't find a hook. I have dropped a hook while sitting on a chair, then spend the next hour searching everywhere in and on the chair and never finding it.

I found my crochet hook on top of the birds cage with all his toys! I guess Buddy decided he liked the shiny hook and took it right out of my work when I wasn't looking. I looked for that hook till I thought I would go crazy. When I finally gave up and decided to give Buddy some snacks because I could not crochet until I got another hook, I discoved the hook up on top of his cage with his other toys. :lol

Hmm, not to wierd, but I do crochet in the car. Well I dropped my hook and didnt notice until later, I looked high and low and it was nowhere to be seen. My husband found it under the passenger seat when he was cleaning. I also dropped my hook on the ground and didnt know, it wasnt until I got home that I found it on the ground. Thankfully it was there when I got home.

Makeup bag, under the couch, IN the couch, on top of the toilet tank (my only theory on that is that i was crocheting the last time had the stomach flu), nightstand, under the bathroom sink (no good theories for that one), refrigerator (or that one either), kitchen counter, in the crack of the DRIVER'S SIDE seat of my car (i don't crochet while driving or at intersections, so no good theory on that one either).

Hey this thread would make a great Dr. Seuss-type book :D. An idea for the title? "Oh the Places Hooks Will Go!":hook

Makeup bag, under the couch, IN the couch, on top of the toilet tank (my only theory on that is that i was crocheting the last time had the stomach flu), nightstand, under the bathroom sink (no good theories for that one), refrigerator (or that one either), kitchen counter, in the crack of the DRIVER'S SIDE seat of my car (i don't crochet while driving or at intersections, so no good theory on that one either).

Hey this thread would make a great Dr. Seuss-type book :D. An idea for the title? "Oh the Places Hooks Will Go!":hook

Who was the Who that snatched the hook by snookly snook

Under my pillow, in my coat pocket (yes I walk and crochet at the same time), under the floormat on the passenger side of our van, in a pile of dirty laundry, and on the side of the tub were two of my thread hooks. My daughter came up with the ingenious idea that she could use them to remove the hair from the drain. Either that or she used them that way to get revenge on me for making her scrub the bathroom as punishment.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

I have found them in my little girls playroom, the bedroom in the kitchen. I have a toothbrush holder in my purse that has a pen, a pencil and 3 crochet hooks in it. Well, a couple of months back, it went missing! I thought my 3 year old had gotten a hold of it. come to find out, my DSD's boyfriend had seen it laying in the drive way and had picked it up. My DSD gave it back to me finally! What it was doing in the drive way I have no idea!!!

Also, just a funny story, I have a friend that was needing help with a pattern. We met at a Mcdonalds to figure it out. Well, her son was playing on the playplace and dropped his toy in the cracks. My friend tried to get it out and couldn't. So, she got her crochet hook to see if she could reach it. Well.............she dropped it down there with the toy!

I would love to see the face of the person who ever takes that a part! :think:lol

One day I searched and searched for the hook I had just been using and ended up going to dig through my hooks for another.:think Later as I was crocheting and watching tv, I glanced over at my daughter and she had my hook in her hair like a chopstick! :rolleyes she had wound it into a knot and the hook was holding it in place! She usually grabs a pencil, but I guess when she walked through that hook was just laying there and she didn't even think about it -- what a turkey!!:lol

I would be crocheting while sitting on the couch and got up and done something else, when i have come back my hook would be gone. I have looked every where except the little TRASH CAN beside the couch.

:think Boy do i feel foolish when i do find it!:think

I was making an afghan with an N hook and over a couple of days had lost 2 N hooks. Well, my daughter was at Wal-mart and called me to see if I needed anything---I didn't. I got up and went to the kitchen for some tea came back to where I was sitting and the hook was gone! I looked everywhere and was so mad I couldn't hardly see straight!! 3 lost N hooks in about as many days? I called my daughter back after awhile and asked her to please get me another N hook. She laughed when I tild her the story. She got to my house about 45 minutes later and as a joke had bought me a hook case and 3 N hooks. We laughed about it and then she looked a little closer at my chest and really started laughing. The hook was in the chest pocket of my robe!!! (yes it was a lay around do nothing don't get dressed Sunday)

It's not really too weird, but I had a hook one of my best friend's gave me before she joined the marines and I used it like AAAAALLL the time. One day I was working on something at my boyfriend's house and it went missing. We looked everywhere for it and I never found it. I was really upset. A couple of days later I was working on it again with another hook and I felt something kinda hard in the skein. Turns out the hook got jammed into the skein...I wound up losing it again though.. =(

nope, me, its usualy HUBBY finding my "stash" of hooks or yarn, like one day he opened the VCR cabinet and out rolls a skien of yarn, now come on, that was a good hidding spot, we havent watched VCR tapes in forever!!!! I just get that, your caught look..lol

I have (or I should say "had") a zippered case with hooks of every size in it. I've had it for at least 25 years. It went everywhere with me. It survived Hurricane Katrina, and went with me to Houston for 6 months. I know it came back with me, because I've seen and used it since then. For about the last year or so, I've been searching EVERYWHERE, and I just can't find it. Maybe it's in a parallel world, or the twilight zone! grrrrr!!

oh i still have the crochet hooks my mother bought me when i was 8 just learning so they stay in my little case and when i am not using them they stay in my "special drawer" in 40 years i havent lost one or ever even misplaced it

Janny

Our puppy loves the hooks- I guess they are cold and feel good on her teething gums. She has carried several under the bed and even found one in the very back of our biggest dog's crate when I was pulling out the crate pads to wash them. I know Ollie took it in there because she plays in everyone's crates! We always check the crates when we are missing a shoe. LOL Luckily she hasn't ruined one- YET!

This is just a funny, hope it makes you laugh

Humm Dr. Suess:

I found my hook in a nook,

or was it in a crack after eating a snack.

Also looked in my toothbrush holder,

Just to find the one that was a little older.

I will take a quick look

Just to find it in a great big book.

Next was to the holder of pens.

Well what to find but a hook with no bends.

I thought that last one was red,

I found it under the bed.

And what do I see out to the car,

A hook was next to the center bar

The kitchen, the play room

Oh what is that next to the broom

Under the couch what appears?

A whole slew of crochet hooks is what I had feared.

But the weirdest place I have found my crochet hook abused?

In my basket just waiting to be used.

I usually find them under my bed. On the weekends I crochet on my bed so I can watch TV and I always lose them because I don't sit still that long. Usually about once a week I go on a hunt and find them all and put them away.

I just found my G hook in the depths of the couch earlier today. It's weird because I could have sworn that I'd had it in my bedroom last...

I also found my niece's Nintendo DS and her old cell phone... Funny thing is, now my Cell Phone has gone missing.

Archived