Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

You made me count mine :rofl Not more, nor less - just 60!!! :help

I'm going to ask my 4-yo son for help. He should be happy because he loves playing with liquids :D, so I can only pin the flakes on the board and he will starch :) I think we should start on Monday :lol

Thanx for the idea of having my 6 and 10 yr. old granddaughters help me with the snowflakes. I have around 40 I desperately need to starch. I think my granddaughters would love playing in the gooey glue mixture!!:eek :eek :lol :lol

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've done Snowflakes 1, 3, 4, 6, 7 & 9 from 10 Different Snowflakes but still have 2, 5, 8 & 10 left to do. It's no longer available at the address in last year's list so you'd either need to already have the file or get it from the ******* Machine.

Also:

Open Chain Loop Snowflake is the only one of the three we haven't done. (It's the second one of the set.)

Aunt Lore's Snowflake

Charlie Brown's Tree Ornament

Christmas Rose, Frosty Mite, and Frosty Trifle are all on the ******* Machine (they're by SAG55 - designer of Triple Crochet Snowflake - Week 14 of 2008.

That's enough to get us well into February, I think.

Ummm... does that mean that the archives are an unacceptable source??? A lot of our flakes from 2008 & some from 2009 are only available there now that Geocities & AOL have shut down. If that's the case, then I've only given us enough to get through Christmas, I guess.

Unfortunately archival retrieval sites are disallowed as sources on this site as there are potential copyright issues surrounding accessing them. It is a shame that Sarah Ann's flakes are no longer available :sigh so many good flakes are disappearing... (you could call it a big thaw, I suppose :lol) - I'll certainly look at the non-barred one(s) though :flake...

There are three pretty snowflakes here:

http://www.patonsyarn.com/pattern.php?PID=4391&cps=21191

I don't think we've done any of them yet.

Cool, thanks, I'll check those out, too!

I have found another new one, though, so I'll put a hold on these (and on December flake - we'll put her in when it really is december :lol...) and declare this:

http://sites.google.com/site/cheriscrochet/shimmering-snowflake

the flake of the week.

Happy crocheting!

Marika, You might want to update the addy for Cheri's Crochet Lace Snowflake that we did for week 16 this year. It is at the new site, too.

I might.... :cheer

...then again I might not... :P

..then again I might find that I already have... :rofl

Thanks for the heads up, though :devil...

I have found another new one, though, so I'll put a hold on these (and on December flake - we'll put her in when it really is december :lol...) and declare this:

http://sites.google.com/site/cheriscrochet/shimmering-snowflake

the flake of the week.

Happy crocheting!

That is a really beautiful flake. (My flakes are still floppy, but despite that, I might make this one.....)

A very pretty snowflake, Marika. Thanks for all you hard work this year in coordinating this and keeping us up to date. :clap :clap :clap It's much appreciated.

:bow Thank you :manyheart:fame

Many thanks to the lovely folks who have helped keep me in flakes to offer up for 52 weeks :hug...

I've been computerless for the last 10 days, but finally have it back, thank goodness. While it was down I worked up patterns for 4 new snowflakes for 2010. I have to hide tails, starch & block them, and take pictures of them, and then I'll post the instructions. The titles are: January Snowflake 2010, February Snowflake 2010, Valentine's Day Heart Snowflake, and March Snowflake 2010. :lol :lol :lol I know, most the titles aren't terribly creative, but, oh well. Hopefully, you'll like the patterns.

I've been computerless for the last 10 days, but finally have it back, thank goodness. While it was down I worked up patterns for 4 new snowflakes for 2010. I have to hide tails, starch & block them, and take pictures of them, and then I'll post the instructions. The titles are: January Snowflake 2010, February Snowflake 2010, Valentine's Day Heart Snowflake, and March Snowflake 2010. :lol :lol :lol I know, most the titles aren't terribly creative, but, oh well. Hopefully, you'll like the patterns.

:clap:manyheart

Hopefully I'll get my mojo back in the summer holidays LOL...

Well done, Linda!

THANK YOU!!! Wanda for looking for all these snowflakes and posting the links. Have a very Merry CHRISTmas and Blessed 2010!! Emmy

Thanks, Emmy! :)

Best holiday wishes to you all - I'm a bit less in touch at the moment as we are at my MIL's house in Canberra (about 3 - 4 hours from home...) I'll pick the last flake in a moment :manyheart

I hope everyone who celebrates it had a Merry Christmas. I am getting set to recover from turkey, ham, pudding and cake overload :blush...

I have selfishly selected Snowcatcher's 28 December flake: http://snowcatcher.blogspot.com/2009/12/snowflake-monday_28.html

as our final flake. She graciously worked up a pattern for it and even mentioned me in the blogpost as I had picked it as a favourite from one of her digital quilt arrays.

Thank you all for a lovely CAL this year. Best wishes for a delightful finish to 2009 and a safe, happy and fruitful 2010.

:mdust:mdustWanda:mdust:mdust (Marika)

Marika, my thanks for a wonderful job as our coordinator this year. I've enjoyed it tremendously.

It hasn't come up yet, but I'm hoping we're going to have another Snowflake Mondays for 2010. What do you think? :hook:flake:hook

Marika, thanks so much for all your hard work in finding all these snowflake patterns. I didn't make them all, but I made quite a few of them, and printed out some patterns for later as well.

You're welcome... my pleasure :) I haven't made them all, either, but have enjoyed seeing the many different ones available and the products of people in this group :manyheart.

Marika, my thanks for a wonderful job as our coordinator this year. I've enjoyed it tremendously.

It hasn't come up yet, but I'm hoping we're going to have another Snowflake Mondays for 2010. What do you think? :hook:flake:hook

Thanks, Linda :manyheart. I've loved your contributions, both in chatting and pattern contribution immensely.

Regarding 2010, I'd love to participate in a snowflake CAL, but am not sure that I could commit at this time to coordinating in the way I did this year. If someone else would like to be point person for the CAL, I'd happily participate. The other format I thought of would be more of a snowflake pattern show and tell - rather than all working one free, internet available pattern just chat and show and tell and CAL and help each other out with whatever patterns we happen to be making...

Looking forward to hearing the opinions of others as to what 2010 holds for the Snowflake Mondays gang :lol...

Happy Holidays :hug!

The snowflake pattern show and tell would be a much easier one to co-ordinate I would think. It has to be difficult finding a new pattern every week. And it would be so inspiring to see all sorts of different snowflakes.

That was sort of my line of thoughts about that idea - but you phrased it so well :yes...

Archived