Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

I don't know quite where my brain was when I mentioned not seeing the next Snowflake for November. :think I had saved the link to the next ones listed thru December ~ there was like three of them together. Sorry for the confusion I may have stirred up ~ :P ~ I musta been having an *ol' timer's* episode. :D

I *Love* Zero Mostel's "Tradition" movie soundtrack (can't seem to remember the name of the movie, tho) ~ :clap I haven't seen it in years! Aahh! Memories . . .

Carole :)

Do not feel like you are undergoing senioritis... it is quite possible that the flake was not listed when you posted and that you lit a :fire under my bum! :devil I update the first post weekly, and try to then leave a post in the thread notifying y'all that I've done it. Since my post followed yours, just think of your question as a timely reminder :blush....

Fiddler on the Roof... I wish I could put a an audio smilie in here LOL...

Cheers (or Mazel Tov!)

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finally managed to work on some snowflakes again. Here's the last two week's flakes. Linda, I enjoyed yours as I always do. Thank you.

Lovely work and thank you.

All of the snowflakes are so lovely! I was making them and had a nice routine going. I did them first thing on Mondays and then got sidetracked. I am now going strong again and making 3 or 4 a day so I can give them as gifts for Christmas. I will take some pics maybe tomorrow of the ones I have finished so I can share my progress.

I love all of the snowflakes here!

Now I need to share my "free-craft-time" ;) between cross-stitching Christmas patterns for cards and crocheting snowflakes. This year I'm in mood for flakes :D and I try to make at least one a day. BUT... Each snowflake I put into a box and you know what it means, don't you? :devil A LOT OF blocking waiting!!! I think I should start starching soon or I won't have enough space to do it :lol

Anna, I had to quit making snowflakes for a while because I have about 30 awaiting blocking. Recently I had the bright idea of including one in each Christmas card I send, which means I'd better get started.

You made me count mine :rofl Not more, nor less - just 60!!! :help

I'm going to ask my 4-yo son for help. He should be happy because he loves playing with liquids :D, so I can only pin the flakes on the board and he will starch :) I think we should start on Monday :lol

I did a few. However, I used spray starch and they don't seem to be very stiff. I might try turning them over and saturating them again.

Spray starch does a very light job in my experience. I have only really had success using it with flakes that are quite dense on their own - like the Royal Crown Snowflake by Sandi Marshal (on 2008 list) or my Sanddollar flake (on 2009 list)...

Hi,

I've gone with http://sunflowersathome.blogspot.com/2008/10/frost.html "Frosty the Snowflake", the name is familiar (and not just because I now have an annoying tune in my head :lol) so I'll check if it is a 2008 duplicate, but I don't really have the inspiration at the moment to find another, so if it is and it bothers us, would anyone like to propose a flake for the week? :lashes

Cheers,

Marika

It is a repeat, Marika, but it's a very pretty one. I've got a list of unused ones if you like but I have no problems with staying with this one for this week.

Feel free to suggest one from your list for next week - though otherwise I'll jump the gun on December and do Linda's December Flake...

Thanks, Allison :')

Marika (the report-writing teacher :eek)

:ttalk:pilgrim:tdanceHappy Thanksgiving!!!:tdance:pilgrim:ttalk

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. One of the things that I am thankful for is all the great friends I've made here in Crochetville. :manyheart

Feel free to suggest one from your list for next week.

We've done Snowflakes 1, 3, 4, 6, 7 & 9 from 10 Different Snowflakes but still have 2, 5, 8 & 10 left to do. It's no longer available at the address in last year's list so you'd either need to already have the file or get it from the ******* Machine.

Also:

Open Chain Loop Snowflake is the only one of the three we haven't done. (It's the second one of the set.)

Aunt Lore's Snowflake

Charlie Brown's Tree Ornament

Christmas Rose, Frosty Mite, and Frosty Trifle are all on the ******* Machine (they're by SAG55 - designer of Triple Crochet Snowflake - Week 14 of 2008.

That's enough to get us well into February, I think.

Ummm... does that mean that the archives are an unacceptable source??? A lot of our flakes from 2008 & some from 2009 are only available there now that Geocities & AOL have shut down. If that's the case, then I've only given us enough to get through Christmas, I guess.

Archived