Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

Allicats, that flake is just beautiful!

Thank you. Didn't Marika do a bang up job?

And when can we expect another one from you? I really enjoyed the flake you gave us in January.

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all of you snowflake makers I thought you might like to know about a "Snowflake Swap" that will be starting on September 15th. All the info is in the Crochetville Swaps area. I thought it sounded like fun. We make and swap 3 snowflakes with another person from Crochetville. It runs through the end of October. Making 3 snowflakes shouldn't be a problem for any of us, but I think it would sure be fun to have some some made by someone else. :devil See what you think. Maybe I'll see some of you over there. :manyheart

For all of you snowflake makers I thought you might like to know about a "Snowflake Swap" that will be starting on September 15th. All the info is in the Crochetville Swaps area. I thought it sounded like fun. We make and swap 3 snowflakes with another person from Crochetville. It runs through the end of October. Making 3 snowflakes shouldn't be a problem for any of us, but I think it would sure be fun to have some some made by someone else. :devil See what you think. Maybe I'll see some of you over there. :manyheart

I think you are a :devil... Perhaps this would be my way of getting back into actually making flakes again - and I should be able to scrounge at least 3 pre-made ones if my deadlines get the better of me! (Hopefully noone will be offended by that if it becomes a necessity!)

If anyone else is humming and hawing over the swap, just know that while it begins on 15th September, sign-ups close Sunday the 13th of September at 6:00 pm!

Come on in and join the fun!!!!

:flake :flake :flake

is all it takes!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Antipodean Monday to you all.

Here is something to whet the imagination: http://www.geocities.com/innovative_crochet/free_crochet_lace_patterns.htm

I do not know enough Irish Crochet terminology to follow her notes, and it is on a soon-to-expire hosting site, but WOW! isn't it beautiful?

Here is something to whet the imagination: http://www.geocities.com/innovative_crochet/free_crochet_lace_patterns.htm

I do not know enough Irish Crochet terminology to follow her notes, and it is on a soon-to-expire hosting site, but WOW! isn't it beautiful?

Oh, my, that is pretty. I think it's actually a form of tatting rather than crochet work, but I could be wrong.

By the way, did we have a snowflake for last week? Or did I just miss it?

Oh, my, that is pretty. I think it's actually a form of tatting rather than crochet work, but I could be wrong.

By the way, did we have a snowflake for last week? Or did I just miss it?

She did refer to it as Irish Crochet I think, but if it is tatting that could explain the seemingly different code :lol:think.

And, yes, you just missed it :P... I do not always post a reply to the thread about new flakes, I believe I just updated the first post in the thread last week... apologies for that as I know it won't notify you if you subscribe to the thread that way (I'll try to remember to post an actual post each week :yes.)

:sigh Now to pick an actual flake :lol...

Just gorgeous!

Wanda, Thanks for sharing! And if you are feeling generous........ :lol

:rofl

I refer you to the former post detailing my inability to crack the code of that flake... but don't worry my pretty, I have plans afoot for you!

I thought about that one when you mentioned studying Irish Crochet. It's on my list of ones I'd like to do sometime. Really pretty.

It's very pretty and I found a page where she explains some of it.

snowflake

HI all,

Here is the link for this week's flake:

http://snowcatcher.blogspot.com/2009/09/snowflake-monday.html

I'm about to update post #1.

My apologies for being late - my hubby ran an update on the computer last night so I couldn't get on and then I was called in for a supply teaching day today so I haven't been able to access things.

Cheers!

Thanks, Marika. BTW, I've posted a new snowflake in the original patterns section. It's called Crystal's Snowflake and was designed for my snowflake swap partner. I think it turned out very pretty if I do say so myself. :lol

Thanks, Marika. BTW, I've posted a new snowflake in the original patterns section. It's called Crystal's Snowflake and was designed for my snowflake swap partner. I think it turned out very pretty if I do say so myself. :lol

We'll definitely pop it into the rotation, though I think I have already picked the first flake for October ;)

Thanks Wanda! It's a lovely choice. Thanks to Linda for another great pattern!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust

I still haven't done this week's flake, but I did finally get a bunch of other flakes off the hooks, in & out of the glue bath and on & off of the blocking board. Here are weeks 37 - 41:

post-27979-135897463994_thumb.jpg

post-27979-135897463997_thumb.jpg

post-27979-135897464001_thumb.jpg

post-27979-135897464003_thumb.jpg

post-27979-135897464006_thumb.jpg

I just joined since I'm joining some friends doing the "Snowflake Mondays" with you all. I just did my very first snowflake, ever, last week ~ Crystal's Snowflake ~ turned out really cute, and had so much fun doing it. :yay

I've been working on a Scripture afghan for a friend's birthday next month, November. And also working on crocheting doilies ~ one in particular is an old doily I'm trying my hand at duplicating for the first time, without a pattern. :P After frogging it about 5 times now, I may get it down pat ~ :cheer~ just trial and error, right? :D

I had gotten away from crocheting the past several years, so it really feels good to get back into the swing of things ~ I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed crochet. :manyheart

I hope to be an active part of CrochetVille and make a lot of new friendships here.

Crocheting 'til our heart's content ~ Carole :)

Archived