Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

Week 28 - from Cheryl's creations snowflake three is in fact missing something - I did see some discussion here on that one but haven't retried it yet.

Week 29 - Maybe my brain is fried - it is 96 here today - and the rounds may just be melting but I cannot get round 6. Has anyone else tried it?

Week 30 - Chain Loop snowflake - On the last round - h 3? Is it hd 3? Or I'm I just being dense? I tried hd 3 times but I'm not even sure the picture there is of the pattern we're doing. Just wondering if anyone else had a problem.

Week 28: Insert this line ch 4, sl st in 4th ch to form picot, sl st in next ch before the sc in ring for the short point.

Week 29: I had fits with round 5. The designer was very nice and explained that round to me twice. I still couldn't seem to wrap my head around it, but didn't want to hound her again. This is how I did it

Rnd 5:

Ch 7, sl st in sc,

*ch 7, sl st in next ch-9 sp, [ch 7, sl st, ch 7, sl st] in next sc,

Repeat from * 5 more times.

End with ch 7, sl st in next ch-9 sp, ch 7.

Join with sl st in starting sl st.

Week 30: h-3 loop should be ch-3 loop

If any of this doesn't make sense, just speak up! I try to make notes when I'm changing something, but it doesn't always happen and when it does, it might only make sense to me.

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Week 28: Insert this line ch 4, sl st in 4th ch to form picot, sl st in next ch before the sc in ringfor the short point.

Week 29: I had fits with round 5. The designer was very nice and explained that round to me twice. I still couldn't seem to wrap my head around it, but didn't want to hound her again. This is how I did it

Rnd 5:

Ch 7, sl st in sc,

*ch 7, sl st in next ch-9 sp, [ch 7, sl st, ch 7, sl st] in

next sc ** originally: in next ch-7 sp,

repeat from * 5 more times. End with ch 7, sl st in next ch-9 sp, ch 7. ** originally repeat from *

around.

Join with sl st in starting sl st.

Week 30: h-3 loop should be ch-3 loop

If any of this doesn't make sense, just speak up! I try to make notes when I'm changing something, but it doesn't always happen and when it does, it might only make sense to me.

Thanks!

I think we haven't done this week's flake before (I did not remember the name at least ;) )... Check out the front page for the Fast and Flurry-ous flake of the week!

Cheers!

Hi all,

I've put Linda's September Snowflake as the flake of the week - It is September already here in Oz! Sorry for the delay in posting, but, exciting news for me: it looks like I may have sold a scarf pattern to a magazine :D... just need to work through the details with them :yes...

Cheers!

Marika

Hi all,

I've put Linda's September Snowflake as the flake of the week - It is September already here in Oz! Sorry for the delay in posting, but, exciting news for me: it looks like I may have sold a scarf pattern to a magazine :D... just need to work through the details with them :yes...

Cheers!

Marika

What wonderful news, Marika! Congratulations! :yay

WOW Wanda!

WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay:yay:jumpyay:jumpyay:woo:woo:woo:fame:fame:woo:woo:jumpyay:jumpyay:party:party:rock:rock:dance:dance:2spin:2rock:2rock:2rock:nworthy:nworthy:nworthy:nworthy:nworthy:nworthy:nworthy:nworthy

Warmest :fire:fire:fire:fire:fireregards,

with love, :mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust

Hi all,

I've put Linda's September Snowflake as the flake of the week...

...exciting news for me: it looks like I may have sold a scarf pattern to a magazine

I really like this flake. For some reason it gave me fits -- Not your fault, Linda! -- I could not seem to keep track of where I was in the very clear, quite simple directions. Despite my trials, I am thrilled with the results and intend to make more of them...

post-27979-135897444145_thumb.jpg

Marika, congratulations on the scarf. That is such great news!

Glad you like it, Allicats. Sorry you had so many problems with it. Which reminds me that I have four more snowflakes to take pictures of and get directions posted for. December may give some of you fits, but I really like the way it turned out. Sooooo.....

Glad you like it, Allicats. Sorry you had so many problems with it. Which reminds me that I have four more snowflakes to take pictures of and get directions posted for. December may give some of you fits, but I really like the way it turned out. Sooooo.....

Not your fault. The directions were quite clear. I can normally do one repeat and then not refer to the pattern until the next round. For some reason I had to keep looking -- okay, I've done this, what's next? There were six simple steps. Don't know why I couldn't keep them in line in my mind.

I am really looking forward to the next four. Think I'll go make some more September flakes while I wait.

:yay Waiting impatiently :)

:devil

:rofl:rofl:rofl I'll see if I can't fit that into this long weekend. :devil:devil

No pressure :) After all, I have been saying I would write up my flake since (I've looked cursorily back through the posts...) at least July 14th!! :eek

But, finally, I have come through on my promises and present my offering for the week: http://marikamum.blogspot.com/2009/09/sand-dollar-snowflake.html ... it is totally untested - so PLEASE let me know if you have any questions/concerns or outright problems with it! I am holding off on posting it to Ravelry until a few folks from here have done it so that I can offer it as a final version - if the blog version annoys any of you, I can email you a .pdf version if you PM me or email me with your email address.

Regards,

No pressure :) After all, I have been saying I would write up my flake since (I've looked cursorily back through the posts...) at least July 14th!! :eek

But, finally, I have come through on my promises and present my offering for the week: http://marikamum.blogspot.com/2009/09/sand-dollar-snowflake.html ... it is totally untested - so PLEASE let me know if you have any questions/concerns or outright problems with it! I am holding off on posting it to Ravelry until a few folks from here have done it so that I can offer it as a final version - if the blog version annoys any of you, I can email you a .pdf version if you PM me or email me with your email address.

Regards,

Okay, I've got it printed off. Will see how it goes.

Okay, my four most recent snowflakes and instructions are posted in the original patterns section now. Hope you enjoy them.

NIce, Linda... I especially like the one in the bottom right hand corner :yes

Nice new group of flakes, Linda. I'll be looking forward to them showing up the first of each of the next three months.

...But, finally, I have come through on my promises and present my offering for the week: http://marikamum.blogspot.com/2009/09/sand-dollar-snowflake.html

.... if the blog version annoys any of you, I can email you a .pdf version if you PM me or email me with your email address.

Really nice flake, Marika. And very unusual. I really enjoyed it.

And while I put all of my flake patterns into pdfs, I like having them in text so that I can enlarge the print -- so the blog source is no annoyance at all.

post-27979-135897446121_thumb.jpg

Nice new group of flakes, Linda. I'll be looking forward to them showing up the first of each of the next three months.

Really nice flake, Marika. And very unusual. I really enjoyed it.

And while I put all of my flake patterns into pdfs, I like having them in text so that I can enlarge the print -- so the blog source is no annoyance at all.

Thanks, Allison :') It looks fantastic! I'll set it up on Ravelry now so you can link your project.

Regards!

Archived