Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

I just joined since I'm joining some friends doing the "Snowflake Mondays" with you all. I just did my very first snowflake, ever, last week ~ Crystal's Snowflake ~ turned out really cute, and had so much fun doing it. :yay

I've been working on a Scripture afghan for a friend's birthday next month, November. And also working on crocheting doilies ~ one in particular is an old doily I'm trying my hand at duplicating for the first time, without a pattern. :P After frogging it about 5 times now, I may get it down pat ~ :cheer~ just trial and error, right? :D

I had gotten away from crocheting the past several years, so it really feels good to get back into the swing of things ~ I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed crochet. :manyheart

I hope to be an active part of CrochetVille and make a lot of new friendships here.

Crocheting 'til our heart's content ~ Carole :)

:welcome Carole!

We are happy to have you :) enjoy your :crocheting!

Regards,

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Carole! Welcome to Snowflake Mondays.

We love to see new faces here.

I think you picked a great pattern to start with. Marika's Crystal Lace pattern makes a beautiful snowflake. I used it to make a scarf too.

We're very glad to have you join us,

happy crocheting,

I just joined since I'm joining some friends doing the "Snowflake Mondays" with you all. I just did my very first snowflake, ever, last week ~ Crystal's Snowflake ~ turned out really cute, and had so much fun doing it. :yay

I've been working on a Scripture afghan for a friend's birthday next month, November. And also working on crocheting doilies ~ one in particular is an old doily I'm trying my hand at duplicating for the first time, without a pattern. :P After frogging it about 5 times now, I may get it down pat ~ :cheer~ just trial and error, right? :D

I had gotten away from crocheting the past several years, so it really feels good to get back into the swing of things ~ I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed crochet. :manyheart

I hope to be an active part of CrochetVille and make a lot of new friendships here.

Crocheting 'til our heart's content ~ Carole :)

Welcome to Crochetville and Snowflake Mondays, Carole! :welcome Glad to have you join us.

Hi Carole! Welcome to Snowflake Mondays.

We love to see new faces here.

I think you picked a great pattern to start with. Marika's Crystal Lace pattern makes a beautiful snowflake. I used it to make a scarf too.

We're very glad to have you join us,

happy crocheting,

Thanks for the vote of confidence (and the scarf :devil), though I think she might mean Linda's new flake designed for her swap partner Crystal (Jempast)...

When I have time, I'll have to see if I can recreate/write up patterns for your flakes, Cosmo ;)... I'll have to wait until you get the package before I publish, though, as I think you should have the first viewing :lol... (I'm also uncertain about describing Irish Lace techniques :eek)...

Cheers,

Marika

Week 42's flake completed, glued & dried at last!

Very pretty, Allicats ~ :) It's really neat how each person's crochet techniques kinda makes each snowflake *their own*. This is the one I'm working on now, but haven't finished yet (I'm a little behind) ~ started it last week Monday. I just popped in to see what today's snowflake is, but it's not showing in the list. :o/

Marikamum ~ you are an awesome designer, girl! I was very intrigued by your blog on designing this one from a snowflake on your glass! :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence (and the scarf :devil), though I think she might mean Linda's new flake designed for her swap partner Crystal (Jempast)...

When I have time, I'll have to see if I can recreate/write up patterns for your flakes, Cosmo ;)... I'll have to wait until you get the package before I publish, though, as I think you should have the first viewing :lol... (I'm also uncertain about describing Irish Lace techniques :eek)...

Cheers,

Marika

You are right, Marika ~ I was talking about the Monday/Oct 12th Crystal's Snowflake. :)

Nancy, I'll be checking out Marika's Crystal Lace Snowflake to see just how pretty, I'm sure, your scarf turned out by using her snowflake. :) I'm waiting to see a picture of it, too.

Very pretty, Allicats ~ :) It's really neat how each person's crochet techniques kinda makes each snowflake *their own*. This is the one I'm working on now, but haven't finished yet (I'm a little behind) ~ started it last week Monday. I just popped in to see what today's snowflake is, but it's not showing in the list. :o/

Marikamum ~ you are an awesome designer, girl! I was very intrigued by your blog on designing this one from a snowflake on your glass! :)

Thanks for the kind words, though that flake was actually designed by another if our wonderful CAL followers (I need to pop back in the tread to check on her name here on the 'Ville... I am not sure if it is the same as her Ravelry handle :P.) I, too, appreciated her retelling of the inspiration process behind her flake... I love to find out where others get their inspirations for designs :yay...

I worked at the Canteen for my daughter's school yesterday, so have not had much time to go flake hunting... I'll try to find one and pop it up on the front list soon.

Regards,

Marika

You are right, Marika ~ I was talking about the Monday/Oct 12th Crystal's Snowflake. :)

Nancy, I'll be checking out Marika's Crystal Lace Snowflake to see just how pretty, I'm sure, your scarf turned out by using her snowflake. :) I'm waiting to see a picture of it, too.

The scarf (along with all of the other booty I received from Nancy for the Snowflake Swap) can be seen HERE.

Cheers!

Hi all, I am not sure if "Snowcatcher" is on Crochetville, but she was the designer of last week's flake from the glass :).

For this week, we move to another (albeit older) blog for the http://asparagusmayonnaise.blogspot.com/2007/03/good-as-my-word-dont-get-used-to-it.html Fancy Star Snowflake.

Enjoy!

I'll try to type up one of my patterns from Nancy's package for two weeks from now (I think we will continue with our monthly theme next week ;)...)

Cheers all!

Hi! Everyone ~ :)

I was just wondering ~ how can I get all that nifty stuff you all have listed at the bottom of your posts? (I probably just haven't researched all the where-abouts yet) :) You know, the "Wish List" and "WIPS" (?) etc. I like that! :)

Carole M. :)

Hi, Carole! :hi Welcome to Crochetville and the Monday Snowflakes CAL. :welcome If you go to "User CP" and then to the "Edit Signature" selection, you can list your WIPS, etc.

Hi,

:blush OOPS! In my defense, they're both lovely flakes! :lol

Here's a pic of the scarf:

post-7401-135897466751_thumb.jpg

Hi,

:blush OOPS! In my defense, they're both lovely flakes! :lol

Here's a pic of the scarf:

Awwww... shucks... now that you've said that, how can either of us hold anything against you? :devil:lol

And to all of you out there is Flakeland - check out the first post - the flake of the week is

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1847477&postcount=1

November Flake by Busy Bee LMT (because I am such a sucker for "Tradition...Tradition!"...hopefully I am not the only one now running a Chaim Topol or Zero Mostel soundtrack in my head now :rofl)

Cheers!

WoW! Nancy ~ your scarf turned out beautiful! I've only just gotten my interest peaked into making snowflakes . . . never knew anything like this existed. Now it seems I've got some great ideas for little card-gifts to family and friends for the holidays ~ :) I sent a little crocheted Angel to my aunt and she loved it!

Carole :)

Good morning! Linda ~ :) Thanks for the tip on the signature stuff. I love your "Pointy Stick Wielder" ~ :)) What kind of books do you read?? I'm kind of a "bookworm" myself, especially during the winter months. Lately, I'm hooked on Amish stories by Bevery Lewis and Cindy Woodsmall. If you like Bible-oriented/Christian history type stories, Francine Rivers is wonderful, too.

Hope you're having a great day!

Awwww... shucks... now that you've said that, how can either of us hold anything against you? :devil:lol

And to all of you out there is Flakeland - check out the first post - the flake of the week is

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1847477&postcount=1

November Flake by Busy Bee LMT (because I am such a sucker for "Tradition...Tradition!"...hopefully I am not the only one now running a Chaim Topol or Zero Mostel soundtrack in my head now :rofl)

Cheers!

I don't know quite where my brain was when I mentioned not seeing the next Snowflake for November. :think I had saved the link to the next ones listed thru December ~ there was like three of them together. Sorry for the confusion I may have stirred up ~ :P ~ I musta been having an *ol' timer's* episode. :D

I *Love* Zero Mostel's "Tradition" movie soundtrack (can't seem to remember the name of the movie, tho) ~ :clap I haven't seen it in years! Aahh! Memories . . .

Good morning! Linda ~ :) Thanks for the tip on the signature stuff. I love your "Pointy Stick Wielder" ~ :)) What kind of books do you read?? I'm kind of a "bookworm" myself, especially during the winter months. Lately, I'm hooked on Amish stories by Bevery Lewis and Cindy Woodsmall. If you like Bible-oriented/Christian history type stories, Francine Rivers is wonderful, too.

Hope you're having a great day!

Hi, Carole. I read lots of different things depending on the mood I'm in at the time. Mysteries, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Historical novels, some scary stuff, some self-help books, books on quilting (I get lots of ideas for afghan quilts there.), and a little of whatever.

Archived