What happened to Dot's site?

I periodically check Dot's free crochet pattern site. Many of the pics can no longer be seen & there are many unanswered msgs on the site. Someone there even asked if she had died.

Please someone tell me that Dot is alive & well! Maybe she just got tired of crocheting or something. Anyone have any info?

Thanks

Lots of people have enquired about Dot and noone knows :think Last I saw on her site which was a long time ago she said she was taking care of her grandaughter. Let's hope for the best but I really don't think anyone has a clue. I also hear the pics seem to work for some & not others.

I was just there today and had the same thing happen. some pics worked and others did not. I love her site and her work.

I'm only sorry that I came to the Ville too late to share bandwidth with her.

the pics is a photobucket glitch.

a lot of the pics on there are thumbnails and have "th_" in the URL

just check the properties of the pic, and then delete the "th_" to see the pic

The problems with the pics at Dot's site have been going on for over two months and I messaged her a good while back about it and didn't get a response so I gave up on that. She is/was a member here because I've seen her post, maybe we should ask one of the moderators who may have more personal info on her to contact her to see if she's alright.

Thanks everyone for responding. I sure hope that Dot is okay & maybe just too busy to respond. Myself, I've gone months sometimes not reading my email or posting. I wish one of the moderators would look into this though. It's scary when someone so well known & loved just disappears.

Happy New Year to Dot & Everyone on C'Ville!

The problems with the pics at Dot's site have been going on for over two months and I messaged her a good while back about it and didn't get a response so I gave up on that. She is/was a member here because I've seen her post, maybe we should ask one of the moderators who may have more personal info on her to contact her to see if she's alright.

This discussion has come up many times and I don't think Amy and Donna know any more than we do. :)

Thanks everyone for responding. I sure hope that Dot is okay & maybe just too busy to respond. Myself, I've gone months sometimes not reading my email or posting. I wish one of the moderators would look into this though. It's scary when someone so well known & loved just disappears.

Happy New Year to Dot & Everyone on C'Ville!

There really isn't anything we can do to look into this, unfortunately, beyond what anybody else can do: sending Dot a private message or an email. I'm afraid we don't know anything more than anybody else.

Here's the main one: http://bythehook.blogdrive.com/. There's a button on the menu to the left that leads to a pattern site and there's also Dot's Hall of Fame, which features pictures of other crocheters confections from Dot's patterns and it can be accessed through there as well.

I did some research on Dot a while back (last time this topic came up) and I came across a class reunion list for a school in Utah(I believe, it's been a while) with her name listed as deceased (in 2008). However, for a woman who was known so well on the internet and amongst crocheters. I could have been mistaken about her last name and I never could find out what state she was actually from.

I tried to do some searching but I had no luck. I was hoping that she either had her website domain registered in her own name or had a business license in her name but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I did some research on Dot a while back (last time this topic came up) and I came across a class reunion list for a school in Utah(I believe, it's been a while) with her name listed as deceased (in 2008). However, for a woman who was known so well on the internet and amongst crocheters. I could have been mistaken about her last name and I never could find out what state she was actually from.

Oh no :(

I believe it's Dot Matthews, they have her in the stitch n b book as that for the yeehaw lady hat.

I knew she had some health problems, from the breathing bag pic on her blog, hopefully it's not her that passed!

Dot lives in North Carolina, I think. She used to be a member of the About.com crochet forum where I moderate. I dont think she's been to About.com in over a year.

I posted a message asking a bout Dot at one of my other crochet groups which she is a member of .The general info is that in March 2007 she was hospitalized and was back home but still very sick as told by her daughter DO NOT use this as gospel as it is just hearsay until proven different but the consensus is that she did die.

I truly hope this is just rumor as she is such a sweetheart.

Oh man, I didn't subscribe to this and missed the last few posts. I sure hope and pray she's still alive and recovered, she seemed like such a dear lady, I mean, she so generously put all those patterns out there for everyone to use! I think I'd better hurry up and copy as many of them as I can just in case! Through her website I found the "Helena's potholder stitch" which gives (plain) potholders double thickness without having to make two squares, it also serves to make thick and I imagine very warm blankets and I've admired her hats, ponchos and stoles some of which I'd like to make.

I hope others who may know more will read this and let us know.

Archived