Please Read! Last update for Dman. Thank you all.

smyz64

I want to Thank everyone that sent squares and cranes. Unfortunately, I got the ghan done, but not to Dman before he left us. Little guy passed on this morning. My son took some pix of the ghan, I will find someone with a scanner and post. I felt I could not wait, I had to take it to his parents, and I have yet to replace the digital that was stolen. If I do not get a pic posted, I am so sorry. Please know how much your thoughtfulness meant to this family. If you feel you need a good damn cry, grab a kleenex and log onto www.dmanhero.com and read about his passing, it will break your heart. Much love to you all that prayed and thought of Daegan, he will be sorely missed.

:hug:angel

Sue

Things are not looking good for DMan. The doctor has said his body is going through transition, getting ready to die. Yesterday they gave him hours to days...I would like everyone to please send good thoughts to the Feyhs, they are really going through so much right now. :hug

Thank you to the Ville for letting me share their wonderful story.

Ok, Thanks so much for the replies! I am getting very excited about this project. He is such a lovely boy. It just breaks my heart for this family. It has been suggested that I do red, white and blue for the hero. And most people around here are KU fans, so that would fit either bill! I am guessing the 7" ones? If anyone thinks this would be too much....I've never been able to do this, so I really don't know anything about comfortghans, except you guys ROCK! :cheer:c9:hug

__

I'm not sure where to post this, but I know you guys are great. :cheer I have some awesome friends here in Topeka, and I'm trying to figure out what I could do. I wondered about a comfortghan, but I'm unsure, and would like some input.

They are the Feyhs. They have this son, who is 4, and he has a rare adult form of leukemia. He is dying and they are doing everything they can. He has had 2 bone marrow transplants and neither took. It has been hard on the family, and the community has wrapped themselved around this family. He is a police officer, who used to run the D.A.R.E program through the schools. His wife was the director of Doorstep, and had to step down due to the medical necessity. You can read about this strong family at www.dmanhero.com Turn on the speakers and definitely grab a hanky. :hug

Please advise what I could do for them. Thanks C'ville. :manyheart:hug

IMHO..Make them a comfortghan! Ask the Villagers here to help out by making squares to send to you. Decide on the size 6", 7" or 12" and the color scheme you would like it to be. Some Villagers will commit a number of squares & send them to you. Then you put them together to make an afghan to comfort the family. My sister, Patti's, comfortghan took 35 - 7" squares, to give you an idea of how many you'll need. Make your request in this section.....REQUEST FOR COMFORTGHAN SQUARES or whatever you want to call it.

Ok, I was hoping that was an idea. I'm not sure about size or color scheme. It's a little boy. I will have to go on the website and see what some of his fave stuff is. Any ideas for that? I want something that his family will be able to keep to remember their hero/angel. I know they just did a Disneyland tour from Make a Wish foundation, he loved it. Meeting Mickey was a big hit.

What is IMHO?

Ok, I was hoping that was an idea. I'm not sure about size or color scheme. It's a little boy. I will have to go on the website and see what some of his fave stuff is. Any ideas for that? I want something that his family will be able to keep to remember their hero/angel. I know they just did a Disneyland tour from Make a Wish foundation, he loved it. Meeting Mickey was a big hit.

What is IMHO?

Or it can mean 'In My Humble Opinion' which is how I meant it.

Although I'll be leaving, I'll be in touch, so let me know what size & colors, and I'll help also. And any other particulars you think we should know. PM me your address also. Also what's the deadline.....when will you need the squares by at the very latest.

I'd love to help out. Let me know color(s) and size you need and your address. Kids with cancer is an issue near and dear to my heart. That's why I have a gold ribbon for Childhood Cancer Awareness, as my avatar.

Thank you to all that have responded. This family is amazing. I am almost ready to put the ghan together. I am going to try to get a friend to take a pic and post it here so you all can see it. I so appreciate all of you and all you have done, and the family will appreciate the good thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you posted on his condition. I know on 7/8/05, the doctors were amazed he was still alive and not having any breathing problems. But I would assume since he is close to the end, I would not be thinking about posting and telling people how he is, but Lance always thinks of others. :hug

I find I never know what to say in times like these but that I do want to say something. I hope Dmans family can find comfort in each other at this difficult time. Thank you Sue for letting this story touch my life and letting me help in the little way that I could.

May the family find stength and comfort. My heart goes out to them. I can not imagine loosing one of my children like that. It was one of my biggest fears raising my family. Bless Them,:hug

Archived