Winter Rose Sampler Square Pattern

CroJulee

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm really glad you all like this.

I plan on making 2 of these squares and putting them together for a pillow. Not sure what colors to use though.

Merry Christmas!!!

Julee

Beautiful design Julie. I plan to make an anniversary afghan for my son & wife for their first anniversary in August. This may be what I've been looking for. Thanks for sharing, this and your angel wing shawl.

• 2 weeks later...

You're welcome everybody!! I'm glad I decided to post it for free. It was really bugging me just having it sitting around and not being used.

Take Care

Julee

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Julee! Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful square. I'm gonna go work on it now and can't wait until I get to those rounds of simply singles. :whew

What a lot of work you put into writing this pattern. I'm sure it's not difficult but there are no instructions that say "repeat rounds 2 and 3 until...." :lol

I'll be sure to post a picture once I mail it out to the person I'm making it for. I do hope she won't see my post in here. shh

:hug:hug

Hi Julee! Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful square. I'm gonna go work on it now and can't wait until I get to those rounds of simply singles. :whew

What a lot of work you put into writing this pattern. I'm sure it's not difficult but there are no instructions that say "repeat rounds 2 and 3 until...." :lol

I'll be sure to post a picture once I mail it out to the person I'm making it for. I do hope she won't see my post in here. shh

:hug:hug

I wish this was one of those patterns where you could repeat rounds 2 and 3 and get the same effect. It was alot of work getting the wording right and everything. It was a fun pattern to write and really fun to design though. It was definantly an all nighter. But honestly, all of the good patterns I've designed have been all nighter patterns.

Anyways, can't wait to see the pic of your square.

Julee

I can believe it was an all-nighter. What detail and all the different stitches. It's a gorgeous pattern and I think as Cara said, you have seriously outdone yourself. Although I believe this is the first time I've used one of your patterns. Where are the others?

I love the look when the two fpdc are fpdc 2 tog; I think it's in rnd 12. Don't think I've ever seen that done before. The instructions just looked so daunting at first. But once I got started, it wasn't difficult at all. The only times I had to frog was when I wasn't paying attention and watching TV.

Now, I should have read your "Note" paragraph better and used the F hook. Instead I used the G. I have a 12" square at the end of rnd 17, the one with all the clusters. Do you think it can be stitched into an afghan with the empty ch3 in the corner? There's no way I can even do one round of sc.

Thanks, Julee.

I wish this was one of those patterns where you could repeat rounds 2 and 3 and get the same effect. It was alot of work getting the wording right and everything. It was a fun pattern to write and really fun to design though. It was definantly an all nighter. But honestly, all of the good patterns I've designed have been all nighter patterns.

Anyways, can't wait to see the pic of your square.

Julee

You mentioned in your 1st post that you had this pattern for sale in your etsy shop. I gather that it wasn't selling?

You might want to contact James G. Davis at Panda Crochet, email as listed on his site is panda@thecrochetdude.biz. He had a beautiful square on CPC called Floral Overlay before he sold the pattern. If you are interested, you might want to email him and ask who he sold it to or get some info on how you can go about it. I think your Winter Rose is of the same quality as his Floral Overlay.

Just a thought.

:hug

• 3 weeks later...

Archived