My First Poncho (in Baby Yarn)

Yarnluver

Several months ago while I was in the Dominican Republic, I was discussing crochet with my younger sister and she said she liked ponchos. She didn't have one so I decided that I would make her one for Christmas. I bought Bernat Baby Coordinates in White and after looking at dozens of pictures I finally narrowed down my search to 3 or 4 patterns, then I sent her the links so she could choose. Lucky for me she liked almost all of them because the one I chose at first (Nostalgic Poncho by Drops) had mistakes and I couldn't make it work. But I still had a problem because there wasn't a single pattern out there designed with #3 yarn in mind. I settled for the String Poncho at the Coats & Clark website but had to adapt it and, happily, it worked out really well, in fact, I'm very proud of my accomplishment and I think my sister is going to love it. Here's my lovely but tired daughter modeling it:

(images are clickable)

th_PonchoA.jpg

th_PonchoSideways.jpg

And here's a close-up where the stitch pattern can be seen better:

th_PonchoStitchCU.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow I missed your post, thanks for you comment. I'm a little upset about how furiously I worked on this poncho; I changed my mind about giving it to my sister because of something that happened, it now sits in a corner inside a plastic bag...:(

Archived