2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I am very pleased with this week's efforts as I did manage to bust 8 skeins for a big plus 16. I am posting now because I don't think I can knit fast enough to complete the scarf and thereby the skein. :sigh

This week +16

this year -30

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, Beth, I think we get to dance together. I finished my baby blanket,

and the scarf on the loom. Finished one sk on the scarf, and then finished up a ball making granny squares for charity. So that gives me a +3 for today.

wtd +7 ytd 0 :elle :elle:elle:tdance:tdance:tdance

I like the turkey dance tool:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

Oooh pretties. I love your stuff. :cheer

I finished another skein of yarn last night. I'm working hard this afternoon to see if I can clear my wtd to zero before the evening is over. It may be possible. We will just have to see. I'll post again later tonight.

This weeks score for me is zero again! This is only good in that I didn't add to my stash. :) Although i believe next week my score should actually be in the posotives. :yes

Well, I'm in the negatives this week.:blush

WTD -25

YTD +121

:dance:ducky:tdancekarishema - WHOO HOO!!!! I am SO PROUD of you!!! :cheer:clap:yay

I gave a skein of yarn to an 8-year-old girl today and started to teach her basic crochet. She mastered the slip-knot and does a pretty good chain stitch. Her mom says she had to be forced to put down the yarn and hook to go to the dance recital we had this evening.

This brings my WTD to +6, and my YTD to -31

I started crocheting a rectangle granny square afghan yesterday with the Bernat Soft Boucle. I used up three skeins, bring me back up to zero after my purchase at the beginning of the week. I'd like to say that I'm not buying any more yarn for a while, but until my store is out of clearance yarn it will be dicey. :blush

WTD: 0

YTD: -41

Beth, I know I'm 10 behind you, but I'm not giving up yet. :cheer

Well, I got off to a good start this week, using up two more skeins and part of a third finishing the glow in the dark shawl ((still need to get pictures), for +4 (because I didn't roll the third skein into a ball). :hook Unfortunately, I blew it today by buying two more rolls of size 10 crochet cotton, and received an order of more crochet thread in the mail. :blush Naturally, the Tunisian hooks that were the reason for the order in the first place were back ordered. :sigh That's -10 points, although I then wound a skein of DMC perle cotton into a ball with a nifty new toy I found at Balticon last weekend for WTD -5/YTD -76 :thair

Here are your WTD scores:

+38 a stitchintime GOLD MEDAL!

+21 dragonpuck SILVER MEDAL!

+17 teakaycee BRONZE MEDAL!

+16 darski

+10 Miss Scarlet

+10 KellyA

+7 karishema

+6 Ellie 13

+6 basjordan

+6 Ladykats

+4 aphelia

+4 WendySue

+3 NeedleArts

+2 Legalwoman17

+2 PBLKNP

+2 kiwikitti

+2 crocheting4mygirls

+1 mar3185

0 Ariel Manx

0 Jain

0 CLLinda

0 goofy

0 gbabesmom

0 TexasSugar

-4 dilyca2006

-4 fc1123

-5 CraftyWitch

-6 appylover

-17 pineknott

-25 Braxxi Shoot The Moon!

:cheerYou know I like this stash busting idea, just tell me one thing. How do you get people to "quit" leaving you bags of yarn on your door step while you are gone. Last week some kind:manyheart soul left me three and yes I said three:devil huge black yard trash bags of yarn. Thats twice is the past year someone has done this to me. It would definetly put me in the hole. But seriously, Like someone else said. Would I turn it away it I were home. Of course. Who doesn't like a freebie. I really am like a child opening a christmas package. What kind of yarn, how much of it is there, what is it saying to me. Purse, blanket, granny, flowers, broomstick. Arggg. Nothing wrong with us is there?:yay

Here are the YTD scores:

TRIPLE DIGIT CLUB!!!

+226 pineknott GOLD MEDAL!

+194 Legalwoman17 SILVER MEDAL!

+173 teakaycee BRONZE MEDAL!

+121 Braxxi

+107 dragonpuck

DOUBLE DIGIT CLUB!!

+85 PBLKNP

+71 Ellie13

+45 dilyca2006

+40 a stitchintime

+37 Ariel Manx

+27 Miss Scarlet

+20 kiwikitti

Positives Club!

+6 Jain

+5 aphelia

+3 mar3185

+2 crocheting4mygirls

+1 CLLinda

0 karishema

Warming up for the dance club!

-10 goofy

-20 gbabesmom

-30 darski

-31 basjordan

-41 TexasSugar

-45 Wendy Sue

-76 KellyA

-76 CraftyWitch

-81 Ladykats

-166 fc1123 SHOOT THE MOON!

I am SO impressed with everyone!!! Some of you have already destashed more yarn that I own! I think we all deserve a Good Stash Busting dance!!

!:dance:dance:elle:ducky:tdance:2rock:bounce:fame:jumpyay:bow:woo

:cheerYou know I like this stash busting idea, just tell me one thing. How do you get people to "quit" leaving you bags of yarn on your door step while you are gone. Last week some kind:manyheart soul left me three and yes I said three:devil huge black yard trash bags of yarn. Thats twice is the past year someone has done this to me. It would definetly put me in the hole. But seriously, Like someone else said. Would I turn it away it I were home. Of course. Who doesn't like a freebie. I really am like a child opening a christmas package. What kind of yarn, how much of it is there, what is it saying to me. Purse, blanket, granny, flowers, broomstick. Arggg. Nothing wrong with us is there?:yay

What a wonderful problem to have! :c9

Archived