Santa Purse

samijofitz

I made this using Patons Classic Wool, and the pattern I purchased from Oh The Pollybilities.

I used a strap handle rather than the one shown on the pattern, I prefer to have straps on my bags.

2008_12_SantaPurse.jpg

I have received MANY comments on this one! Even had someone ask to buy it! I did contact the pattern designer and she gave me permission to make one to sell. :)

That's so cute. About how big is the finished/felted purse?

I was wondering the same thing - I don't see a size given on her pattern.

I really like it!

I also like how yours tapers inward a little at the top, whether that was intentional or not, it really adds to the design!

Very pretty!

I may have to try to make one of those! :cheer

Upon closer inspection, I see that the square the seller has laid out by the purse in the etsy shop is a 12 x 12 ruler.... by that it looks like the purse is about 10 x 8".

I'm comfortable with it being a bit different - it is felted, after all, right?

So I'm going to give it a shot! I ordered the pattern, and I'm already planning a trip to JoAnn's tomorrow. I'll add some red wool to my list! :)

Thank you for posting this! I'm excited about trying it! We have a Christmas party to attend next week, and if mine turns out half as good as yours, I'll be able to carry it! :D

That's so cute. About how big is the finished/felted purse?

Sorry, my unfelted size was 13" wide by 9" tall, felted was 8" by 8" - I must have felted mine more than she did, I like the size, perfect for holiday parties when you just need a few things, not the whole suitcase I normally carry around. :)

Upon closer inspection, I see that the square the seller has laid out by the purse in the etsy shop is a 12 x 12 ruler.... by that it looks like the purse is about 10 x 8".

I'm comfortable with it being a bit different - it is felted, after all, right?

So I'm going to give it a shot! I ordered the pattern, and I'm already planning a trip to JoAnn's tomorrow. I'll add some red wool to my list! :)

Thank you for posting this! I'm excited about trying it! We have a Christmas party to attend next week, and if mine turns out half as good as yours, I'll be able to carry it! :D

It worked up quite fast, and felted well...I love mine, and I'm sure yours will turn out perfect!

I was wondering the same thing - I don't see a size given on her pattern.

I really like it!

I also like how yours tapers inward a little at the top, whether that was intentional or not, it really adds to the design!

Very pretty!

I may have to try to make one of those! :cheer

The tapering at the top is part of the pattern, I liked it too! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I made one! Mine turned out smaller than I expected, but that's OK for this year. I think I just left it in the washer too long....

I'm going to try to make a bigger one for next year, though.

I get compliments on it everywhere I go! :santa

Thank you again for sharing the idea and pattern link! :hook

Archived