Well this is frustrating

At some point in the last 24 hours of carting my project from work, to home, to my mother's house, home again. I lost my LAST needle to attach the squares I'm making and now I have to use the hook to do it. With the ruffled edges it's really difficult.

I'm making this: http://www.marymaxim.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10054_3074457345616808222_-1_15046_15047

I just looked at the pattern and made up my own (surprised completely that it actually WORKED.) So, you can see that I have to sew together behind the ruffles.

And it has to be done by Thursday. Gah.

If you live near a Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby or local yarn store, it might be worth your while to make a run out to get needles. The time you spend getting them should be easily made up with the needle instead of a hook. Good luck on finishing in time!

I lost a crochet hook once simply standing up and hearing it drop. I never found the hook. When I tried to replace it at Michael's, they were out of the size I dropped.

Boy, I'd try a number of things before resorting to the crochet hook. I'll bet I'd try a way to connect yarn to a pointy toothpick (tape?) or a bamboo stick for holding shish-kebob.

Good luck.

I had that happen to me this weekend..Thankfully my neighbor is an avid crocheter and quilter and she had a spare to loan me until I got to the store...It's a bummer and hope you either find it or can get a new one..And that blanket will be absolutely gorgeous...Can't wait to see the finished product..

It's a beautiful set! But OH, you poor thing! Those squares look like they'd be a bugger to attach with a hook instead of a needle! I feel for you, truly! If I were you I'd make a trip to the nearest WalMart tonight and stock up on large darning needles! It'll be well worth the trip!

Is "behind the stitches" the back loops of the stitches :think? If so, just slip stitch them together. I made a scarf with ruffles in the front loops of the squares and did that instead of whip stitching. It worked out o.k. (very strange scarf though :lol).

Ellie 13

I have to agree with homekeepingGran.....just go out and buy another package of needles! You will be needing them eventually anyway! by the way, that is a really cute afghan....please post photos of it when it is finished!

I did buy a new package. i had to get a large set when I only needed the one needle which annoyed me. I can't believe the stores around here don't sell JUST the yarn needles!

I am whip stitching them together. It's not fun to do with a crochet hook though.

Hmm. Do needles make a big difference? I've been crocheting since I was around 6 (I'm 31 now) and I've never once used a needle--even through two Babette blankets which have 116 squares each. ?? I'm sorry though your items have gone lost and I hope you are able to find them or get some new ones soon.

Archived