Setting my hook & yarn aside...for now.

Okay...it's gotta be done! If I want to finish my Christmas stocking in time for "this" Christmas...I've got to stop crocheting for a while! :eek I'm sure I will suffer some withdrawl symptoms, but I must be strong! :blush The stocking I am making is counted cross-stitch, but it's gonna be beautiful! It depicts a stitcher's studio, and it compliments one I made for my husband. His shows a workshop, with all kinds of Christmas projects in the works. They are patterns from the old Cross-Stitch & Country Crafts magazines. Gosh, I used to love those! Wish me luck!

:yesTotally understand!!!! Here's how I TRY do it --- crochet in the AM before 7:00AM, usually during the news, so I can usually get a good hour or hour and a half there -- with a cup of tea, of course. It's just me and the animals at that time of day -- and once they've been outside for their business, they curl up on the couch beside me and go back to sleep! embroider during lunch hour (not much time, but every stitch counts, right?) and after I've completed all the chores for the day -- usually around 9:00 PM, I can sneak in a hour or two. I'm only this organized starting in September each year:blush:blush. I can keep this schedule up for a month or two, and I'm not a fast stitcher or crocheter, and this works for me. So far I've completed a table runner and four napkins, 6 dishcloths (including weaving in ends -- something I hate to do!) and I should finish stitching stocking this week (fingers crossed!) put it together over the weekend. I actually try not to do any handwork on the weekends so I won't get burnt out, but this won't be bad.

I love my old xstitch & cc magazines! I've carted them all over the country with me.

:yesTotally understand!!!! Here's how I TRY do it --- crochet in the AM before 7:00AM, usually during the news, so I can usually get a good hour or hour and a half there -- with a cup of tea, of course. It's just me and the animals at that time of day -- and once they've been outside for their business, they curl up on the couch beside me and go back to sleep! embroider during lunch hour (not much time, but every stitch counts, right?) and after I've completed all the chores for the day -- usually around 9:00 PM, I can sneak in a hour or two. I'm only this organized starting in September each year:blush:blush. I can keep this schedule up for a month or two, and I'm not a fast stitcher or crocheter, and this works for me. So far I've completed a table runner and four napkins, 6 dishcloths (including weaving in ends -- something I hate to do!) and I should finish stitching stocking this week (fingers crossed!) put it together over the weekend. I actually try not to do any handwork on the weekends so I won't get burnt out, but this won't be bad.

I love my old xstitch & cc magazines! I've carted them all over the country with me.

Good ideas! :yes I plan on keeping some yarn & a hook in my car (for rectangles) in case I get hung up somewhere. That way I'll have something to do in case I have to wait on someone. And I keep a ball of cotton yarn in my desk (for dishcloths) in case I have to stay late at work. I just want to get this stocking finished! I'm discovering my eyesight is getting worse as I get older, so it's harder to see those little "X's"!

Good ideas! :yes I plan on keeping some yarn & a hook in my car (for rectangles) in case I get hung up somewhere. That way I'll have something to do in case I have to wait on someone. And I keep a ball of cotton yarn in my desk (for dishcloths) in case I have to stay late at work. I just want to get this stocking finished! I'm discovering my eyesight is getting worse as I get older, so it's harder to see those little "X's"!

:hookI blame the lighting!!!! Can't they make lightbulbs with megawatt power for home use?????

Hi Holly! Good luck! Would love to see a picture when you get the stocking finished! I wish I could get back into cross stitch but the whole "older eye" thing has alot to do with it too. I just can't put that darn crochet hook down!

I only have time to do my "crafts" at night after the little guy goes to bed. I used to cross stitch every spare minute but alas now I am crocheting every spare minute. I have a ton of the Cross Stitch and Country Crafts magazines. They really are cool. I do my Crocheting in bed propped up on pillows. I have a really bad back and this is the only time it doesn't really hurt.

Cross Stitch in bed is just to cumbersome and the lighting isn't the greatest along with my eyes not being what they used to be. That's OK because I love my hook!!!!! Thread is my favorite and as long as my eyes and hands hold out, I will be crocheting.

God bless, please post pictures when you are done,

Toni

Oh wow that sounds like a beautiful pair of stockings. I would love to see a picture when it's finished. I can't see well enough to cross stitch at ALL nor am I able toput my hook down this season as I am trying to crochet presents for everyone this year.

Oh wow that sounds like a beautiful pair of stockings. I would love to see a picture when it's finished. I can't see well enough to cross stitch at ALL nor am I able toput my hook down this season as I am trying to crochet presents for everyone this year.

I will post pictures when I'm done! :)

Good luck getting it done. Whenever you hear your hook calling you away from your stocking just know that the sooner you get it done the sooner you can get back to your hook. Just give yourself a few little hook breaks occasionally so you don't have withdrawls too badly!

Good luck with your stocking. I actually have been working on the workshop stocking that you mentioned you made for your dh for a few years now. Well, perhaps working is a bit generous. I started it a few years ago, and made a lot of progress and it has been sitting. Maybe soon I should pick it up again. My plan is to eventually finish that one and then make the music room one to coordinate with it. They really are lovely patterns. As I recall there was a series of several stockings and all were quite nice. Please do share photos when yours is done.

Good luck with your stocking. I actually have been working on the workshop stocking that you mentioned you made for your dh for a few years now. Well, perhaps working is a bit generous. I started it a few years ago, and made a lot of progress and it has been sitting. Maybe soon I should pick it up again. My plan is to eventually finish that one and then make the music room one to coordinate with it. They really are lovely patterns. As I recall there was a series of several stockings and all were quite nice. Please do share photos when yours is done.

Yes, it took me a few years to finish the workshop, too. Mostly because I kept setting it aside to work on other projects. Here's a picture of it:

100_1013-2.jpg

I'm sorry it's so big! But, you couldn't see it clearly with the smaller picture!

This is exactly the pattern I was thinking of! Your looks wonderful! You are making me want to pick mine up again. I keep putting it down, probably because of all of the little bit of colors. It seemed like as soon as I got into a groove with a color I was switching to a different one. Patterns that have large blocks of colors are less impressive, but go much more quickly.

Again - wonderful job on this pattern. I love it!

I loved those patterns too and have several of the old magazines

Okay...it's gotta be done! If I want to finish my Christmas stocking in time for "this" Christmas...I've got to stop crocheting for a while! :eek I'm sure I will suffer some withdrawl symptoms, but I must be strong! :blush The stocking I am making is counted cross-stitch, but it's gonna be beautiful! It depicts a stitcher's studio, and it compliments one I made for my husband. His shows a workshop, with all kinds of Christmas projects in the works. They are patterns from the old Cross-Stitch & Country Crafts magazines. Gosh, I used to love those! Wish me luck!

I'm trying to do a counted cross stitch to announce my daughters birth, and I'm suffering from crochet withdrawal as well!

Good luck with the stocking, it sounds like it will be beautiful, especially going by what the workshop one looks like! WOW is all I can say. Is that one pattern? If so, what's the name of it, I'd love to make something like that.

Archived