Need help! What toy to make a 5 yr. old for X-mas?

HELP!!

I am going to make one of those awesome stockings from Annie's Attic for my 5 year old nephew and thought I would like to make a toy to go in it (or two.)

But I don't know what to make? I've never made any toys before and I haven't tried Amigurumi before. I need something really simple and stupid proof that will only take a few days. I have about a month to get all my out of town presents made. (I live far far away! LOL)

Anyways, he's a very outdoors kinda kid. Has a four wheeler and knows how to drive the **** out of it. Loves dogs. Loves all the stuff his dad does which is mostly hunting and fishing.

Any ideas?

Sore

My aunt has been making her grandchildren things like a snail guy, a snake, and some other cool ones. they were super easy to make. i watched, but didn't make any. She found all of the patterns for free online too!

There's an easy fish pattern here:

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/BabyChild/LW1593+Crochet+Counting+Fish+Toy.htm

then you could crochet over a short pole with a chain string and maybe magnets at the end of the string and in the fish.

Sorry if this is a dup -- my browser crashed I didn't see my original post.

HELP!!

I am going to make one of those awesome stockings from Annie's Attic for my 5 year old nephew and thought I would like to make a toy to go in it (or two.)

But I don't know what to make? I've never made any toys before and I haven't tried Amigurumi before. I need something really simple and stupid proof that will only take a few days. I have about a month to get all my out of town presents made. (I live far far away! LOL)

Anyways, he's a very outdoors kinda kid. Has a four wheeler and knows how to drive the **** out of it. Loves dogs. Loves all the stuff his dad does which is mostly hunting and fishing.

Any ideas?

Sore

June from right here at Crochetville has some WONDERFUL wildlife amigurumi patterns on her PlanetJune site! She has quite a few dogs and lots of other animals as well. He'd probably love a couple of those!

Do they drive the ATV in the winter? If so, some cool mittens, a hat or scarf. Something done in cammo maybe. I know my 6 year old loves anything to do with guns, army guys and stuff like that. You could whip up a quick holster or perhaps a water bottle carrier. I've seen a bunch of free patterns for the water bottle things - some even insulated.

I have done several stuffed toys and they are not real hard to make.

You could even do a small coin type pouch in cammo for some of his hunting and/or fishing stuff that he could put in his pocket.

I believe on the Lily website there is a pattern for a checkerboard set. If it's not on Lily then it would be on the peaches and cream site.

Let us all know what you find and decide on.

LOL,

Toni

I too was thinking some gear to wear/have while he rides his four wheeler and camo is a great choice. If you could do a lunchbox type bag (so it doesn't look like a purse) and make a strap where he could strap it onto the back of his fourwheer or one that he could strap to the front and store his stuff.

My nephew who is the hunting and fishing type LOVED a hat made out of camo to wear outside..... also, Catherine has an awesome snake & baby snake on her website that I have used on occasion with great success

www.yarncat.com

...she might have a cute turtle up too..if you do a search here at the Ville , KristieMN has the absolute cutest mouse pattern...

Let us know what you choose

:hug

Archived