what is the first word

noQcrocheter

Question

15 answers to this question

I immediately think of the pink variagated girls camo yarn, which isn't much help to you in designing for your son...:) I like the idea, however, of crochet strips in camo that are then crocheted together with a solid color taken from those in the camo yarn. Good luck.

The first word that pops into my head is "army", the second is "ucky".As to Pink Camo, that's an oxymoron if there ever was one. Camo is meant to camouflage , the purpose being to make the wearer blend in with the surroundings, what surroundings would the pink camo blend with? Do not understand that at all.

As to Pink Camo, that's an oxymoron if there ever was one. Camo is meant to camouflage , the purpose being to make the wearer blend in with the surroundings, what surroundings would the pink camo blend with? Do not understand that at all.
:lol Pink camo is for the girls silly rabbit...:hook It is very pretty actually.

I think of Soldiers and Hunters!

I saw the cutest thing at a craft fair a long time ago, it was a wooden deer shelf sitter dressed in camo. It wore a sign around it's neck that said "Can't See Me, Can't Shoot Me"

I immediately think of the pink variagated girls camo yarn, which isn't much help to you in designing for your son...:) I like the idea, however, of crochet strips in camo that are then crocheted together with a solid color taken from those in the camo yarn. Good luck.

That's exactly what I did for my son. There's a post and picture somewhere around here. I made long, skinny rectangular "granny squares" (I needed an open design, to make the yarn I had go as far as possible), then used black to edge them and sew them together, finishing with black and camo border. I was very pleased with it, and my son loves it.

I had some pink camo, too, and that became a round ripple...:yes

The first word that pops into my head is "army", the second is "ucky".As to Pink Camo, that's an oxymoron if there ever was one. Camo is meant to camouflage , the purpose being to make the wearer blend in with the surroundings, what surroundings would the pink camo blend with? Do not understand that at all.

Obviously you've never been in my daughters bedroom. :heehee

I have hunters in my family, so all the little boys get camo afghans to wrap up in to watch TV, etc. Even the baby boys get camo baby blankets. It is a tradition in this family. The DIL's have not wanted the pink camo for the girls, so I have not done any camo for the girls, but if one asks when they get old enough, I will make them one.

I made my grandsons (3) and grandaughter (1) each a camo travelghan last Christmas, the boys each had a different camo color and a different design, I did a ripple with ghost camo, a X stitch one with mash camo, and a dc one with green camo, then for my grandaughter I made a shell stitch with pink camo they all loved them...

I realize this was posted a good while back but I have to say that when I saw the Pink Camo it did make sense to me, think "flower field in the spring", you could hide there pretty well!;) I don't think I'd make a whole item out of it unless somebody asked though; I bought a skein a couple of months ago to use as an accent in some little girls hats I made, here they are:

th_GirlsHats.jpg

Ok, I may be a "silly rabbit", I even looked at some pink "camo" really I did.....still don't get it. My army veteran son about gagged when I mentioned pink camo to him. Then he went to great lengths to explain to me how pink camo would be worthless as it wouldn't camouflaqe anything(like that was something I didn't already know)and said something about hiding in flower gardens. He got a look of total confusion when I explained to him that pink camo was a "fashion " think. He doesn't get it either........

I don't think a regular camo blanket would be all that much use in the "field" either. but I think pink camo is cute and fun.

As far as what kind of blanket to make, I don't have any real suggestions. I kinda remember seeing a round ripple in camo once that was pretty cool...

that pops into your head when you hear camo yarn?

I am working designing an afghan for my son using camo yarn. I would like some good ideas in mind before I finish my daughters afghan.

TIA

Cool! is what I think of Camo Yarn...

Archived