Check out this Pretty Christmas Tree with Lights!!!

MsSuzKelly

Cute tree! It would be easier to make then buy the finished tree. Or get the kit.

I see a kit in the catalog for $12.99... How safe do you think it is to put lights on it?

I think it would be safe, maybe... Depends on the lights. Most lights now days are cool to the touch after being on for several hours. You'd have to read the package to find the best one. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Is this the one that is done over a glass bottle? I worked in a bar y-e-a-r-s ago and this woman was requesting alcohol bottles to use under her Christmas trees.

Is this the one that is done over a glass bottle? I worked in a bar y-e-a-r-s ago and this woman was requesting alcohol bottles to use under her Christmas trees.

Hmmm...I would love to have the pattern for that! When you think about it tho, the shape would be perfect plus the lights inside the bottle would be safer. Any of you gals have an idea for this?

Oh, that is just beautiful. Not $120 worth of beautiful but certainly worth trying to copy. OMG, my cats would destroy that in under 10 minutes. :lol My OCD says no no no to the lights. I couldn't be sure it was safe. She can't be selling many of those in this economy. The price tag is too extravagant. If the pattern did indeed come from Herrschners, she couldn't sell them for any price. Copyright laws and such.

Hmmm...I would love to have the pattern for that! When you think about it tho, the shape would be perfect plus the lights inside the bottle would be safer. Any of you gals have an idea for this?

I was wondering if the plastic pop bottles or water bottles would work (another way to recycle). I drink diet coke out of the 16 oz ones and last year thought of that, but never got around to trying it. They would have to be filled with something to keep it down. Maybe some small rocks or sand (even from the craft store) or small beads. Not sure what else... Not sure about the lights inside of the plastic bottles though...

Debbi

I am going to try this pattern but use a bottle instead of foam cone. see how it works

http://www.crochetnmore.com/christmastree.htm

I have done this pattern. It's nice, just have to work to cover the cone if anyone uses this pattern. Mine is packed away of course but will be brought down after Halloween.

Maybe I should see abt adding lights and see how it looks.

Here's the link I found....like I said, no pic, but I think I will still give it a try.

http://www.paperthetown.com/crafts/z30.html

Wow that sounds like it just MAY work! And the lights aren't actually inside the bottle...they are sticking thru the tree so none of the "hot" bulbs would be touching the plastic! I sure hope you post a picture when you make this! I'm adding it to my "TO DO" list! Thanks for sharing the link!

Wow that sounds like it just MAY work! And the lights aren't actually inside the bottle...they are sticking thru the tree so none of the "hot" bulbs would be touching the plastic! I sure hope you post a picture when you make this! I'm adding it to my "TO DO" list! Thanks for sharing the link!

I will share a pic if I complete it! Not that I should be adding to my ever growing to do list!:lol

:eek:eek Those are pretty but certainly not $120 worth of pretty. I bet she doesn't sell many at that price. :thinkI am still trying to fathom what warrants a price such as that. As much as I love to :crocheting and make things, I could not dream of charging someone a price like that.

Anyways, thank you all for the nice links and sharing your ideas on how we could make our own $120 Christmas trees :lol:lol:lol

:eek:eek Those are pretty but certainly not $120 worth of pretty. I bet she doesn't sell many at that price. :thinkI am still trying to fathom what warrants a price such as that. As much as I love to :crocheting and make things, I could not dream of charging someone a price like that.

Anyways, thank you all for the nice links and sharing your ideas on how we could make our own $120 Christmas trees :lol:lol:lol

I don't know. If you value it at that price, I'm sure someone else will. I guess it depends on how long it took her and she may have priced on that. I'm sure it's not on the yarn, maybe... I crocheted a purse, cost about $10 in material (yes the RH SS yarn and some on sale fabric) but with the time I spent, even at $10 an hour (just to make it easier for my math) it would have been worth about $70 for that purse. However, I doubt I could sell one at that price, but for me or as a gift, I could easily have made more.

Debbi

I don't know. If you value it at that price, I'm sure someone else will. I guess it depends on how long it took her and she may have priced on that. I'm sure it's not on the yarn, maybe... I crocheted a purse, cost about $10 in material (yes the RH SS yarn and some on sale fabric) but with the time I spent, even at $10 an hour (just to make it easier for my math) it would have been worth about $70 for that purse. However, I doubt I could sell one at that price, but for me or as a gift, I could easily have made more.

Debbi

:think:think Maybe it is just me, but I still couldn't charge someone a price like that. I think it is because I enjoy crochet, it is a hobby, and I guess my theory or way of thinking is I would still be crocheting whether I sold anything or not, so I would/do sell items really really cheap. To me, it isn't about how much money I can make, but how much enjoyment I can get that someone else enjoys my finished projects, wants them and will use them.

Archived