Check out this Pretty Christmas Tree with Lights!!!

MsSuzKelly

:think:think Maybe it is just me, but I still couldn't charge someone a price like that. I think it is because I enjoy crochet, it is a hobby, and I guess my theory or way of thinking is I would still be crocheting whether I sold anything or not, so I would/do sell items really really cheap. To me, it isn't about how much money I can make, but how much enjoyment I can get that someone else enjoys my finished projects, wants them and will use them.

Same here.

However, if I needed it as a j.o.b. then I probably could. If I needed extra income, I could and would be willing to charge what it's worth (or as close as I could get). I see no point in devaluing the craft of crochet at all. However, for friends and coworkers I either give them the best deal they will ever find or give it free. One I don't think she would take them free, or she would give me something in return. She's very giving anyway, so for her I'm making some snowflakes and only charging her $1 each. I did some yarn angels last year and only charged her $2.50 each. Another lady I charged $1 for dishclothes.

Debbi

The pattern from Herschnerr's uses rug canvas cut to the shape of a cone and inserted into the tree.

I cannot wait to get working on my tree. But with everything else going on, I don't know when that will be!!!!

$120 seems a bit pricey but I guess if they are selling then more power to her ;) I see the pattern from Hershner's includes the yarn. I just might have to give it a try once I'm done with pot holders and dish cloths for our holiday mart in a couple of weeks.

i was lucky enough to be given the pattern and have made several. some using wool (yarn) and others using thread (crochet cotton). they are very easy to make and mine are free standing. when a friend has time i will ask if they will take photographs so you can see how they look, hugs susan:crocheting

I have a pattern that looks very very similar to that, if not the same pattern. I also made the tree and added some of my own stitches to it and it came out really pretty. One of the ladies that I know put rice lights on hers, I think that's what she called it, she said she got them from the $store.

• 2 weeks later...

Consider using LED lights, as they burn cooler and are more energy efficient than standard lights. You should be able to find them at any store that sells standard lights, such as Target. They are also found online: http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/led-christmas-lights.htm

The short battery operated sets might be fun; you could place the lit tree anyplace (maybe use it as a table centerpiece?).

Archived