Frangipani's Ribbon Hat

csabers

When Frangipani asked for volunteer testers for her adorable Ribbon Hat I immediately offered to help. I knew that it would be the perfect hat for my friend Kelly. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the right yarn. Kelly wanted a celadon green and I was trying to find it in a cotton to be cool for the summer. Well, after buying three different yarns that didn't meet approval I basically moved on (sorry Bec!).

So, last week Kelly brought me some yarn - some VERY YUMMY yarn in fact! It's Muench's Oceana, which is a multi-color viscose/nylon mix with little cotton flags (not a CELADON in sight, btw!!).

So, Frangi, I FINALLY tested your hat - lovely pattern, btw. It worked up very fast (couple of hours!) and I'm really please with the results. So is Kelly.

Thank you for sharing the pattern!

19958199_0dc20e0ec8_m.jpg 20312306_def158cc18_m.jpg

OMG Celeste!

That hat looks great!! I'm so glad that you liked the pattern and that your friend loved her hat!! I'm actually entering my Ribbon hat in the County Fair here in Sonoma County, along with my golden raspberry jam!! I can't wait to see how it goes!

Great work Celeste!!

Cheers,

Bec

OMG Celeste!

That hat looks great!! I'm so glad that you liked the pattern and that your friend loved her hat!! I'm actually entering my Ribbon hat in the County Fair here in Sonoma County, along with my golden raspberry jam!! I can't wait to see how it goes!

Thank you, Bec! Best of luck at the fair! Please be sure to keep us updated! How cool would it be for the "Ribbon Hat" to win a ribbon? LOL:clap

Archived