The elusive baby cocoon

slave2thebean

Question

Hello all:

I'm a new member here and am excited to join the fun. I've been searching for a baby cocoon pattern EVERYWHERE and have come up short a zillion times. :( I searched here and read all that has been said about it so far. Has anyone found a pattern for a baby cocoon yet or developed one? I'd be so appreciative if someone is willing to share. I'm nearly done myself in modifying patterns and coming up with things that simply aren't what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sarah

I like the looks of the knitted cocoons. They seem softer, and more of a cuddle sack. I went out and bought circular knitting needles (as if I could knit) I'm going to to try that stitch that looks like knitting first. (hopefully, I can find my instruction book on how to do that)

Good Morning, I wanted to reply and let you all know I offer several free patterns for Baby Cocoons on my blog: http://www.tricityhokescreations.blogspot.com

Please visit and sign up to follow my blog.

Howdy~

I'm trying to locate some baby coccoon set patterns for someone. I checked out your blog, but I didn't see any free patterns as you indicate above. Could you please send me a link? (Eriana.q@gmail.com)

Thanks! :)

Sandy's book isn't for sale yet. It comes out in October and will be downloadable which for me is always a plus. You can add yourself to the list on Annie's to be notified when it's available or you can email Sandy. She has an Etsy store too. I love her patterns, and have used them for both my grandsons and my great-granddaughter.

Are you looking for something like this? [edit to remove filtered link] They have TONS of them on etsy and other crochet sites. I'm not sure if this is what you want. You can change it to any color you want, you don't have to make it a robot.

Hello all:

I'm a new member here and am excited to join the fun. I've been searching for a baby cocoon pattern EVERYWHERE and have come up short a zillion times. :( I searched here and read all that has been said about it so far. Has anyone found a pattern for a baby cocoon yet or developed one? I'd be so appreciative if someone is willing to share. I'm nearly done myself in modifying patterns and coming up with things that simply aren't what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sarah

i used a hat pattern just made it longer. i could write out a pattern if you like

i used a hat pattern just made it longer. i could write out a pattern if you like

If you write up your own original pattern, totally from scratch, that would be fine.

But you can't just copy the instructions from the original pattern into your pattern, then add on more rows, as that would be copyright infringement.

What you could do is provide a link to the original pattern, so that people would have to get that pattern for themselves. Then you could write up a separate pattern for your additions only, so that people would need both patterns in order to make the cocoon.

I saw one in a crochet today or crochet! magazine once. I could really look up the issue if you want me to search for it. I can't copy a pattern and send it to you and I really want to keep that magazine but you can always post to see if someone else has that issue and is willing to part with it.:hug

im not sure if this will help because im not exactly sure as to what type of cocoon you are looking for but i found 2 patterns for a sling type.... here they are:

sling type 1

sling type 2

i hope this helps a bit. good luck!

Thanks very much for the replies. I thought it might be helpful if I provided a link to a photograph of what I'm looking for. The etsy one looks close but I'm not sure about it.

Here's what I'm trying to achieve:

The Wrap

Nahvrianna- is the one that you saw in the magazine similar to this?

Thanks again all!

S

I saw one in a crochet today or crochet! magazine once.

If it's the one one I'm thinking of, it's bunting not a cocoon. Some might prefer it though. You can see and get it here:

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/freepat_pdf/fp_sweet_dreams.pdf

im not exactly sure as to what type of cocoon you are looking for but i found 2 patterns for a sling type....

She's not looking for a sling but exactly what she said, cocoon. You can see some here:

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=tag_title&search_query=baby+cocoon

It's like a sleeve with no opening at the bottom.

Here's what I'm trying to achieve:

The Wrap

This one is not a cocoon. Look at her website and she shows it's a rectangle. Funny thing is she is the orginator or one of them of the 'cocoon wrap'. A friend of mine sent me this link months ago so I could make her one. Here's the wrap and how to fold it:

http://detailsbymlphotography.blogspot.com/2007/11/wrap-sample-wrappings.html

She has added a knitted cocoon to her stock:

http://martalocklearboutique.blogspot.com/2008/01/cocoon.html

You really could make your own by using a hat pattern or some other circle pattern and add increases/decreases where you want them. Make it as long/wide as you want or need and as open weave or closed weave as you want or need.

Archived