The elusive baby cocoon

slave2thebean

Question

Hello all:

I'm a new member here and am excited to join the fun. I've been searching for a baby cocoon pattern EVERYWHERE and have come up short a zillion times. :( I searched here and read all that has been said about it so far. Has anyone found a pattern for a baby cocoon yet or developed one? I'd be so appreciative if someone is willing to share. I'm nearly done myself in modifying patterns and coming up with things that simply aren't what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sarah

I looked at older posts on that blog and she actually shows it laid out. It looks like a blanket that is triple crocheted with a large needle and heavier yarn. You have to scroll down a bit to see the different ways she suggests using it.

Denise

http://detailsbymlphotography.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2007-12-04T13%3A27%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=7

I gave up finding a pattern I like and I am making my own.

I crocheted a circle and then built it up vertically with a Tunisian needle and stitch.

I made a hood and with a Tunisian stitch, I can cross stitch the new Nephew's name in it...when they decide on one.

I don't have a round afghan needle, so there are about 10 stitches in the front that are unworked...as the opening.

I will post it when it is finished.

Good luck!

Thanks very much to everyone that has helped with this. I think I just needed a few new sets of eyes to see what the real deal was with this :) I also finally found and purchased a pattern that will make an actual enclosed cocoon. I simply needed to think outside the box in regards to my search terms - the term I finally settled on and got me what I was looking for was papoose. If anyone needs the link to purchase a pattern that will make an actual cocoon, I'd be glad to post it up.

Peace,

Sarah

Well, another bit of news. I wrote to Marta Locklear, the originator of the Wrap and she emailed back stating that she is currently developing a do it yourself kit. She didn't have a timeline for when it will be up but I suppose anyone that is really interested could just keep checking back.

Kris - I will let you all know how it turns out :) I need to borrow babies too since mine are 9 and 16 LOL

S

I clicked on the pink wrap at top of her page of the link she provided to show which one she's wanting pattern for - anyway, when I scroll down in the B&W photo shown w/wrap open & baby inside - but then in the blue wrap in pic below - that one must have ends on it to use to wrap around baby to close up the 'wrap' - good luck!

I clicked on the pink wrap at top of her page of the link she provided to show which one she's wanting pattern for - anyway, when I scroll down in the B&W photo shown w/wrap open & baby inside - but then in the blue wrap in pic below - that one must have ends on it to use to wrap around baby to close up the 'wrap' - good luck!

If you'll read the entire thread, you'll see in my post (number 6) that I already talked about and linked to the wrap and how it's a rectangle.

;)

Archived