Barbie - thread gown

lacy lucy

I must've worked on this dress for at least 10 days now. There are lots of things I still need to do. I was impatient to post the pictures though.

The skirt form needs some more stuffing to give it that ball gown look . I havent yet fixed the hooks or bows and gosh I still need to make that hat and parasol. I was also thinking of using some pearls, but I dont have a clear idea about that yet.

The pattern is from Annie Potter . I've changed the colour scheme entirely, as I had only white and pink threads in the large amounts that the pattern demands.

The hair need some attention too, but for that I first need to get sanction from my dottie - its her doll after all :)

If there's someone else who has made one of these, I'd really appreciate any tips / feedback on the finishing bit. Suggestions and criticism are welcome.

This baby came out of the drawing board only for a very brief photo session , so any changes suggested can be experimented with .

tmpphp34FN1q.jpg

tmpphpEtjSQD.jpg

That looks really pretty. I wouldn't add anymore stuffing to the form. I like the way it looks now. It really shows off the dress, without taking away from the doll itself.

I am curious where the ribbons are going? Around her waist? Under each flower? What are you thinking for her hair? Perhaps making a snod for it, so it looks like the southern lady that she is? I gather her parasol is going to be pink trimmed in white?:think

Sorry about all the questions, but I love making dolls and sometimes changing them just a little to suit me.

Very Beautiful.:hook

this is so pretty! I have a lot of these patterns (the sets that you could order in the mail),

but i've not made one yet. my mom picked out a pattern that she wanted and i would to start on it soon for her. I can't believe it only took you 10 days. It looks really great.

Karla

thanks everyone! at the end of the day all that effort and time uve put into a project becomes justified when at least one person says "well done" . y'all made my day.

this encouragement from so many "face-less" crochet lovers is what has kept me going . earlier i used to take extended breaks from my crochet , but now thanks to crochetville and the villers, i find myself un able to keep away for too long .

many thanks once again

lucy :)

That looks really pretty. I wouldn't add anymore stuffing to the form. I like the way it looks now. It really shows off the dress, without taking away from the doll itself.

I am curious where the ribbons are going? Around her waist? Under each flower? What are you thinking for her hair? Perhaps making a snod for it, so it looks like the southern lady that she is? I gather her parasol is going to be pink trimmed in white?:think

Sorry about all the questions, but I love making dolls and sometimes changing them just a little to suit me.

Very Beautiful.:hook

dear tampa doll,

as for now i have no clear plans about what to do next - pearls/ bows/ hair ( tell u a secret - ive started on that chakra purse form caron that ive been drooling over , so the doll and her dress will be on the back burner for a while )

i know that u make some of the most beautiful dolls /dresses so u r indeed one of my inspirations.

i remember reading somewhere abt spraying and setting the doll's hair to give that "southern belle" look. it will def take me some more time to get there.

and yes, the parasol will be a combi of pink / white

lotsuv luv

lucy

Gorgeous. Which pattern did you use? Very different from all the play clothes that I make for my nieces.

i used this pattern http://cgi.ebay.com/Ladies-of-Fashion-Crochet-Doll-Pattern-Sally-Ann-_W0QQitemZ250289213942QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20080901?IMSfp=TL0809011318r6673

this i believe would be more of a collectors' item than the regular play doll -clothes

lucy

Archived