How does crocheting making you feel?

I have tried and tried to make things in the past, but not so much luck .....then recently the last couple days all I have been doing on my down time is crocheting. I'm a begging teaching myself to crochet. I find that it's relaxing and I can do it while I'm watching TV.. and I've been taking my time doing it and so far it looks great! So it makes me not want to stop. Plus it's really cool to make your own things and to show it off.

I love to crochet, but this past year I decided to make some changes, and I'm glad I did. These changes are:

I will never again make an item for someone I don't like.

I will never again make an item I don't want to make.

I will never again work with a yarn I don't like.

I will not be pressured into a time constraint to "get it done yesterday" by anyone again.

I now have what I call "Happy Crochet" which I know sounds goofy, but I very much enjoy everything I make, and it shows.

crochet makes me feel GOOD!!! I learned when I was 5 years old, and I'm staring very hard at 60. I have put it away a few times, now and then, but I have always come back to it. It has been my therapy, my best friend, my 'family', and my joy. It has kept me warm, covered me, adorned me, and waited for me. How many other things can you say that about? This grandma says "long live crochet"!!!

Stands up... I am Carla and I am addicted to crochet (yarn collecting too). I need to get one of those CA (crochet-aholic) and YA (yarn-aholic) cards to carry around :lol

Really I am. I have dabbled in other needlework and crafts, but always come back to crochet. It is relaxing, rythmic and fun. It is interesting on seeing what can be done by twisting yarn around a hook.

Crochet makes me feel relaxed and creative and busy all at the same time. Its not something I ever want to be without.

I like RealDeals rules!

Taught myself to crochet when I was abot 10. Later self taught myself to read patterns. Not talented enough to make patterns.

Crocheting for me is very relaxing and rewarding as I donate most to charities.

Also is a type of therapy as I have been disabled last 10yrs. Doctors say keep on with crocheting it does build strength in hands!

I also enjoy plastic canvas.

I love it. I find it is relaxing and everything I make for someone I weave in a bit of love with all those ends. I need to make a resolution to not make something I don't like because I am stuck with one project for a friend that makes me feel guilty if I put it down and make something else. I find I eat less and smoke less if I'm crocheting too.

I love to crochet. I love the end results of what I make, makes me feel creative. It is relaxing for me, keeps me busy, and I love to make things for people (as long as it doesnt get overwhelming, then it feels like a chore).

Crochet is a great stress reliever for me. It helps me sleep at night (weird huh!?) because I'm relaxed afterwards.

I have an anxiety disorder and I noticed that crochet and knitting helps me stay calm and be able to focus. Sometimes I take it to church with me and do it while listening to the message that morning if I've had a bad morning already. I keep a small ball of yarn and needles and/or hooks with me at all times in my purse just in case I have a hard time with something or someone.

I also have insomnia, so as I said earlier it helps with that as well.

~~Cheri~~

Well, it makes me feel creative. I have a lot of "frustated artist" in me and I need to let that artist out. Whether it is with a pattern or just winging it, it is very empowering to take some string and a hook and turn it into a finished item. I especially enjoy crocheting when I'm making something intended for a loved one...then it is the most fun crocheting of all.

Crocheting makes me excited. I LOVE colors and anything to do with colors. I like pens and markers because they come in tons of colors, I also bead because they come in tons of colors. Naturally, I like crochet because not only does yarn come in tons of colors, it comes in different textures too! I'm in college too, so when it comes to gifts, I don't have to spend much money because I can make something! It also keeps me out of trouble on weekends when my friends are out partying and stuff(I'm not 21 yet :( ) So crocheting makes me feel safe ;) and happy

Crocheting makes me excited. I LOVE colors and anything to do with colors. I like pens and markers because they come in tons of colors, Naturally, I like crochet because not only does yarn come in tons of colors, it comes in different textures too!

Rolling_backpack: We're identical twins, separated at birth!! haha! :lol

love to alway be DOING something, love the sense of accompishment and I just love all the pretty colours...

I learned to crochet when I was a pre-teen and no matter what craft I try, I always go back to crochet as my first passion.

It relaxes me, kind of like therapy, especially in the past few years when things have gotten very tough in my life. I love the varied colors, new textured yarns and patterns available. I do a lot for charity so that makes me feel good that I am helping people while doing something I love to do anyway.

And I am happy when people who have received my items as gifts (though I have learned who to give handmade items to and who doesn't get them anymore) really like them.

I am definitely a crochetaholic.

LI Roe

It makes me feel relaxed. I don't know about anyone else, but it also gives me such a sense of acomplishment when I finish an item. I also like the difference in it. You can use one pattern over and over and the items are not the same. :hook

Archived