Crochet a Crinoline Lady CAL w/Pattern Links

loopy1

Ok Ok Ok Your TWISTING my arm..Will be joining you ladies in the Crinoline Making Party...Having made the 3 for the Games,I'm hooked..Will start with the freebies for right now and then will have to buy some when we get caught up on bills ofcourse.:) Debra

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, so sorry, Debra! I hope your arm is okay.:lol I saw the 3 you made for the games and they were so pretty...great job. Glad you are joining us! :welcome!

Ok Ok Ok Your TWISTING my arm..Will be joining you ladies in the Crinoline Making Party...Having made the 3 for the Games,I'm hooked..Will start with the freebies for right now and then will have to buy some when we get caught up on bills ofcourse.:) Debra

Ya think she knows you are the one that got us ordering??? I always did like them but never tried them! But you kinda talked me into it!:yes

Here I need to be making baby outfits for 2 of my friends that are due and here I am getting ready to make crinoline ladies! :yay

Oh well..I can do these has Christmas gifts..that is :think if I can depart from them! Will See!!!

Yup, she knows now cause I told her and she's so grateful. She is just the sweetest lady!

Now don't be letting your baby outfits slide too much. Those are time sensitive!

You can work on a crinoline for awhile and then get back to the baby outfits.

I need to be doing the same thing. I said I would send something to the NICU babies (it's a thread on here). I have an outfit that is almost complete except for the blanket, which is back and forth, back and forth and I tire easily with back and forth. Then I just got on a kick for making snowflakes and dishcloths. Hopeless, I'm just hopeless. :yes

Multi-Tasking, Cheryl! :lol

Stacy just had a birthday 11 days ago, on the 18th! So here's a belated

:bday

Hope you had a great one!

Wish I was your age again. :yes:lol

Well I think I will have to do the free one for now, too. At least my mom sends my birthday money. :lol

:yay Granny Square! So glad you're here! And you can call me Jeannie. May we call you by your first name? If you prefer not, then that's perfectly okay.

You gonna create your own pattern? WOW! Can't wait to see it. Look at the Masquerade one at Crochet Memories. From that page you can look at all her beautiful crinolines.

:hug

I've been hemming and hawing about this ever since Loopy and others mentioned Crinoline Ladies on the Doily CAL...I've been sketching out an idea for a Halloween themed one, borrowing ideas from several sources--I'm in!!

I have never, ever made a crinoline lady, although I'm a dyed-in-the-thread threadie. For my recent birthday, a very generous friend gave me a gift certificate to Crochet Memories, and I bought a couple of the crinoline lady patterns, so....may I join you here?

I bought the Spanish Senorita one and Ms. Poppy. I'm thinking about making them in something smaller than size 10, though, and maybe arranging 3 in a row in a frame as a Christmas gift. We'll see--they don't seem as if they'd take a lot of thread, and I should try to use what I have on hand.

Mama crochet....I see you are from Louisiana....Praying for you and yours too stay safe during the hurricane.Prayers for every one going tru it....Also wanted to add that I cant wait to see the crinoline Ladies that every one makes. All the ones I have seen on here have been so Pretty that others have allready made before...I never get tired of seeing them....

Well I still have internet... my husband thinks we will lose power before the night is over! We live approx. 150 miles away from Houma, LA..where the eye is passing right now..headed this away! Hopefully we will come through it all okay!

Cheryl, are you around Opelousas? We're watching it on the net and praying for all being affected. Praying and hoping you guys make it through okay and that we hear from you again soon. Ya know, I'm originally from Baton Rouge (experienced Hazel there in 1964, I think). Both my kids were born in New Orleans in 1967 and 1969 (experienced Betsy there in 1965). Also, hoping you get your patterns soon. May I ask why you didn't opt for the download? When you do, they come faster than Superman can move.

Karen and Kim, :welcome! And Kim, you're welcome. Thanks for joining us! Gracie Rose, are you gonna join us? Please, we'd love to have you!

Karen, I know you're a dyed-in-the-thread threadie and I can't believe you've never made a crinoline. Three in a row in smaller thread in a frame will be so beautiful! I'm almost finished with Spanish Senorita...pattern was a HIJ gift.:clap I love the pattern. The ruffles come out so nice (even in regular black thread). I think you posted in my thread about the black/gold thread. Gonna call the LYS tomorrow to see if they just might have it. I think I remember seeing embroidery floss there so maybe they'll have thread.

Laura, I vote you buy a new pattern.:laughroll I can't imagine Miss Frost in anything but white. I think she'd be pretty in white/silver. But then, remember, I'm partially color blind.:lol I made Ms. Daffodil in peach cause I love the peach so much. Didn't stop to think what I'd use for the trim, etc. So I was in a dilemma as to what other color to use. Thanks to my pals in the Sky CAL who solved the dilemma for me. I forget which shade of green was recommended but I opted for cream and she is very pretty. But, of course, whatever you desire will be beautiful, I am sure.

Laura, didn't know about hubby's schooling and I know how tight things are when schooling is involved. But you'll have it paid for next month!:woo Won't that be fantastic! :cheer:clap

I started! I didn't get far yet, but I started the Spanish Seniorita. I'm going to use some left-over Valdani perle 12 thread in muted shades of cranberry for the red, and Altin Basak 50 for the black (more like size 30, I think). I want to make 3 of them and alter them slightly in shape or color for variety.

I didn't really need to start a new project--I'm *that close* to finishing a painted doily, and I need to get it done soon, before the good daylight is gone for the year!

Archived