Chakra Purse from Caron Website

rshseaeagle

Your purse is beautiful. I've been eyeing this pattern for a while. I'm trying to eat up some of my stash, can you tell me what weight this yarn is and what substitutes might be.

It is is #3 light weight yarn. I know Ms. Suzy Kelly used Lustersheen for her bag. I don't do alot of yarn crocheting and my knowledge of the yarns out there is very limited but the Spa yarn is a very soft yarn with a bit of a shine to it. The spa yarn splits very easily so I had to be very careful when I worked with it.

Hope this helps,

Toni

Patty, if you check out post #15 on this thread - about the 3rd paragraph - she explains how she lined it.....

My purse is waiting to be sewn together and lined. I think I am going to do a sc around it to assemble it. I am no good at sewing pieces together.

Suzy,

I didn't sew mine together, nor did do the reverse single crochet around the edges. I tried the rsc but did not really like the way it looked.

I lined the pieces up, pinned them together and then did the sc around the edges.

My MIL loves this purse and carries it everywhere we go. It has held together very well and the sc looked just fine.

Keep me posted how yours goes.

LOL

Toni

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived