Chakra Purse from Caron Website

rshseaeagle

Hello All,

I finally figured out how to post a picture:clap. This is the Chakra Purse from the Caron Website (free pattern). I used Caron Naturally Spa yarn in a soft yellow color.

th_Chakrapurse.jpg

I also lined the purse with some scrap material I had laying around:

th_DSC_0031.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Toni

Thank you all so much for your kind words. To answer some of your questions -

To anyone who wants to make the pattern; I would recommend starting with the front of the purse not the back. The pattern has the back and flap listed first. I had some trouble with the back, nothing major, just needed to use stitch markers to see the beginning stitches which were hiding behind front post dc's :devil. Other than that it was a pretty easy pattern to read and work up.

As far as the yarn goes - it wasn't to bad to work with. I am a devout thread crocheter and find all yarn more difficult than thread. This yarn will split rather easily so I found that I needed to crochet much looser than I normally do.

Suzy, don't let a lining scare you. Just outline your blocked pieces and add about 1/4 - 1/2 inch for seam allowance - sew them together. Turn the top end over to form a finished edge (I ironed mine so it would stay put) then turn the purse wrong side out, Slide the right side of the lining on top of the purse and turn the whole thing again, so the lining is inside the purse. I hand stitched the top of the lining to the purse with a needle and thread. Use tiny hem stitches (like a whip stitch) and you won't even see them.

Once again thanks to all of you for your compliments, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask and/or pm me. I really had fun making this. It was a present for my MIL's birthday and she really really liked it.

The other really great thing was I finally figured out how to post pictures on the forum and yes I really did feel like dancing in the street. My husband thought I had lost it when the post actually worked:lol. I was dancing around like a loon.

:hug Toni

Wow!! That is beautiful!! It's true, it does look "high end"!! I was at Joann's craft store a while back and I saw the yarn. It feels sooooo gooooood!! :yarn

Great job!! :clap

Archived