pixi

Calling thunder from down under!

Are there many Aussie authored crochet books and magazines?

I thought I had replied to this thread months ago - but obviously not. I am in Melbourne as well. Aussie Crochet is also in Victoria.

Alex - there isn't many books by aussies unfortunately. There is a publisher called Paragon books that do a lot of doilies and baby clothes and print patterns by Vicki Moodie. I will put a link in for them. Another good one is Crochet Australia and I think they are linked in with Paragon as well

http://www.crochetaustralia.com.au/index.htm

http://www.craftmoods.com.au/

Hope this helps

Hi fellow Aussies, I am from Stratford, East Gippsland in Victoria, about 2.5 hrs from Melbourne. I think the Moodies actually run/own crochetaustralia. Crocheting is not as popular here as knitting, I actually know very few crocheters, [and certainly no male crocheters], they don't know what they are missing out on!!!

Hi all

I live in Tasmania Poatina to be precise (about 40mins down and to the middle from Launceston), though have lived most on my life in Brissy. I have 2 quite spectacularly gorgeous children, and have only recently started crocheting.

love to hear more about everyone.

love Lee

:think thought I had already answered this.

Im a nsw westie - from the blacktown area.ANY one in the area wanna drop in and do some hooking is mnore then fine with me, I dont drive so i dont get out much!

I am in WA goldfields, about 8hrs from Perth. for now! I think I am going to sell up and move to Rockingham/Madurah/Bunbury or somewhere like that! Kalgoorlie is closest at the moment.

Hi there...

I'm originally from Bundaberg but now hail from Mackay - Central Queensland Coast...

so - thats another queenslander for the tally... :)

Hi! I am further north in Cairns. I have not been active for a while due to commitments. I am an avid crocheter after taking up this craft again after 20 years break. I am focused on afghan making at the moment and have 3 on the go....I keep being drawn to the wonderful patterns that are available. I have not posted for quite a while but check in now and then to view the beautiful work by the members on this forum.

Another aussie here :) I'm in NSW, about 6 hours north of Sydney.

I'm really enjoying Crochetville - it's introduced me to so many patterns and different stitches that I don't know that I would have found them on my own otherwise.

Only problem I find is I've become so used to reading American patterns, I get a bit confused when I go back to Aussie ones and try to decipher the stitches all over again! :P

Only problem I find is I've become so used to reading American patterns, I get a bit confused when I go back to Aussie ones and try to decipher the stitches all over again! :P

:yay I am soooooo glad I am not the only one who is more "at home" with the US patterns!! Now when I pick up a printed pattern I have to read through it to decide which terms it's in, the very conciously try and remember what the Aussie/UK dc is!! :think

I do the same. last week I ripped out a whole project, thinking it was an american pattern and I had been doing it in UK/Aus terms, only to find out that it was in UK.... GRRRRR!!!

Belinda xoxo

Honestly I've never checked my UK and American patterns to see where they are from and realise now that there are 2 different types. I thought what my mum and grandma had taught me was wrong when I got a chart of all the stitches because it is in American and I was taught Australian. I have probably done some patterns wrong now!! Drat! Will have to remeber to check in future!!:hook

Woohoo!!! Lawless hails from Bundy too!! I was born in Townsville and moved here just before I turned 7. If there is anyone here from Bundaberg I would really really love to have a buddy to crochet with!!!:hug:manyheart:hook

Hi all, Im Wendy from Adelaide, South Australia. I was taught crochet when i was about 12 but for years I havent really done much.

Busy with other crafts I guess.

Now I am married with 2 girls and have decided to take up crochet again. I found this place last week and its great isnt it.

I am currently working on a giant granny rectangle afghan and its going really well.

Nice to meet you all

Hi All

I'm from the Gosford Area of NSW, about an 1 north of Sydney, but I work in Crows Nest.

My Aunt taught me to do basic crochet when I was about 10, and I've been going along learning as I go since then. I've discovered that a lot of the technique's I've taught myself aren't 'technically' correct, but the result is the same so who cares really.

I have to say I really enjoy this site as well. I haven't found a great deal of crochet material in Australia, and don't know anyone else (aside from my aunt) who crochets, which makes it hard to get advice.

Happy to look at a meet up if someone's organising something!

hi

i am from picton nsw WOOT WOOT lovley country town, great to see other aussies's here:cheer

Add another one to QLD! I live between Brisbane & the Gold coast - and I am up for any crafty nights!!!! (DH happy to babysit once DD is in bed)

Hi everyone!

I'm in country Victoria, three hours from Melbs, where the weather is currently PERFECT for crocheting up a storm.

I am here on Queenslands fabulous Gold Coast .. Sun, sea and surf :D

Hi, I'm originally from Sydney and just recently moved up to the Central Coast.