gift ideas for fellow crocheters ?

I thought it would be a neat idea if we had a thread here with gift ideas to give to fellow crocheters. This gift list can be for any holiday or occassion.

Ok, I confess, my best friend, who is also a crocheter , birthday is today and I have no idea what to get her. She has plenty of yarn so that is out but even though I also crochet I don't know what neat things are out there now so I thought this thread could be helpful to me as well as others . Even if it is something that you would like to have, please don't hold back on your replies no matter how small it may be !

Thanks for helping me out.

I would love to get ANYTHING crocheted~I don't really think you could go wrong! What would be top of my list? HHHMMMMM... Shawls... slippers... kitchen items (oven mitt, dish cloths, hand towel, floor mat, bag holder...) Those items are pretty quick too!

OH! Does she have a groovy, crocheted hook holder? You'll hafta let us know what you decide! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~DOLLS! Not so quick though...

ETA purse or bag! Even an existing towel or pillowcase with dainty edging...

You can't go wrong with a gift certificate to her favorite yarn store or one of the Crafts stores, like Michaels or AC Moore. That's what I tell people to get me. That way, I can pick up what I'd like.

That great new ergonomic hook kit. Less than 20 bucks at walmart.

I found awesome lighted hooks on ebay for less than 10.

Hand turned wooden hooks. Beautiful stitch markers like the ones Midds makes.

Airtight yarn storage. A gorgeous bag for her current project. AC Moore used to carry a yarn organizer that had 8 sections for balls or skeins and they fed out thru the top. WONDERFUL gift if they still carry them.

Pattern books and a new style of yarn. Lily has a spa pattern book that is all bathroom stuff from their luscious cottons. Mmmmmm. Beautiful stuff, too.

That cute little circular yarn and thread cutter pendant that eliminates the need to take scissors on an airplane. (brilliant woman who invented that should be a saint by now)

Super soft slippers to keep her feet warm while she is crocheting so she doesn't need a blanket? Make them yourself, of course. I'd be feeling up yarns already trying to find something incredibly soft and warm.

I recently received some really cute stitch markers from some ladies on here that I had made charity squares for. I'd never had stitch markers before and the fact that they were handmade was just unbelievable! Anyway, since I've gotten those, I've used them soooo many times and I wonder how I got along without them. They have cute messages on them on some of the beads and I appreciate them greatly. So there's one idea!

Someone else sent me a bookmark thong that's big enough for my crochet books, also handmade and beautiful and beaded. I use that too. So there's another idea!

Happy crocheting!

:hook Colleen

Is there any form of crochet that she doesn't do but would like to try? I'm thinking the large needle to use for broomstick crochet,

an afghan hook for her to learn tunisian,

a ball winder,

a tassel making tool (not sure what its fully called, but is the straight stand w 1 perpendicular post thats SET to the space and another perpendicular post thats movable to adjust diff. lengths of tassel),

does she crochet the hangers onto kitchen towels?? if so, what about a bunch of the towels for her to work on?

if she works only w/ yarn, and you work more (or can work) w/ thread...why not do a snowflakes/angels/xmas decoration stuff. Maybe make it a "diff 1 (this could b style, so can make several of 1 style )each bday/xmas" type gift (like where parents will buy a new ornament each yr for their children....this is crochet tho :) ).

ok, thats all ive got for now :)

Sandy

It's so easy to lose those needles that you need for weaving in ends. I made myself one of these little needle cases, and I love it--use it every week if not every day, and it lives right beside the chair I crochet in. I've made a few to give as gifts (to crocheters) and they've been well-received, so there's another idea.

If she has a favorite online pattern source, a gift certificate for that would be nice, too.

What about some really neat hooks? I'm in love with the new SB's that are half aluminum with a bamboo handle. Or some other really fun hooks?

A pretty case for her hooks is another idea. Something she wouldn't buy herself.

Stitch markers, a thread or yarn cutter by Clover, plastic pins for sewing edges together, and many other things can be put in a special bag or basket and would be loved by your friend. Tuck in a few extra skeins of yarn in fun styles and she will go crazy.

Have fun. You are so lucky to have someone to share your passion of crochet with.

:manyheart

Wow!!!!! What great gift ideas. I found a bunch of stuff I would love to have and have put on my Christmas list.

I would suggest any little accessory, stitch markers, hook cases, thread cutters, a tote bag to carry crocheting in (hand made of course), stitch counters, I love Krakovianka's idea of a needle case, I am always loosing mine. A nice assortment of sizes would be great!. I never want to spend the money on these things, I would rather save it for thread or yarn and always put off this type of purchase.

Pattern books are great or even a notebook of free patterns which you have printed for her of things you think she would like to make.

What a great friend you are. I hope this has helped in your gift quest.

Toni

I would rather have patterns, gift certificates, hooks, needles etc. than finished items. I like to make the things myself...

I agree about buying her things she wouldn´t get herself. Just be sure that she actually want those things ;)

What about a subscription to a crochet magazine with lots of patterns and other crochet topics?

I love the idea of handmade items, like Jimbo's hooks, crochet stitch markers, etc... I also like the idea of the gift cards, those are great! I think that you can order gift cards from Hobby Lobby, and have them mailed to someone for $1 more than the value of the card. That's a great deal if the person lives far away, or if your Hobby Lobby is a drive away. You can even put a little message inside for her. Also, Jimbo's Chop Hook is a neat idea, because all the money is going to help cure cancer, so that's like a double gift. :)

Good luck!

Victoria

Maybe some type of binder for organizing her patterns or how about a coupon......write her a coupon redeemable for one crochet item of her choice that you wouuld make for her. Then take her shopping with you to purchase the yarn you need to make it so she can help choose that. That way you get to make her something, but it is something you know she wants because she gets to pick it. Put the coupon in a nice card and there you go....just an idea.

I actually got that idea from hubby. ONe christmas he put those "coupons" in my stocking. Good for things like.....two hours to myself anytime, a back rub, chores I wanted him to do instead of me etc. They were cool and I used them too. :hug

Me being new to crochet, I would say gift cards so I can stock up on yarn and other things I need, but I love the ideas of things you woundn't usually buy yourself, like the markers or needle cases. I have been wanting to try making a large crochet bag to hold my lastest WIP in, but I have to many things on my to do list for others :D Also mags and books with patterns, if she doesn't already have those. Just my 2 cents.

That great new ergonomic hook kit. Less than 20 bucks at walmart. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MINE!! GIFTED TO ME BY AN FGM HERE!!

I found awesome lighted hooks on ebay for less than 10.

Hand turned wooden hooks. Beautiful stitch markers like the ones Midds makes. THELADYWIND MAKES SOME VERY PRETTY ONES - I HAVE SOME AND JUST LOVE THEM!! PM HER!!

Airtight yarn storage. A gorgeous bag for her current project. AC Moore used to carry a yarn organizer that had 8 sections for balls or skeins and they fed out thru the top. WONDERFUL gift if they still carry them.

Pattern books and a new style of yarn. Lily has a spa pattern book that is all bathroom stuff from their luscious cottons. Mmmmmm. Beautiful stuff, too.

That cute little circular yarn and thread cutter pendant that eliminates the need to take scissors on an airplane. (brilliant woman who invented that should be a saint by now)

Super soft slippers to keep her feet warm while she is crocheting so she doesn't need a blanket? Make them yourself, of course. I'd be feeling up yarns already trying to find something incredibly soft and warm.

potholders, dishclothes, doll, amigurumi (sp?) of her fav animal, Edgery Doo, book thong, if she has longer hair - a bunch of hair accessories - a 2009 pattern a day calendar (if they are out yet), a subsciption to a crochet mag, binders to put her patterns in, gift certs are always good, totes for yarn storage, embellishments for her finished works (ribbon, roses, buttons etc) with a floss organizer to put them all in, pocket tissue holder, plant hanger, GEEZ the list is endless

pretty much anything you make her she will LOVE because you thought of her and put a little of you in it.

please let us know what you decide!!:hug

PS looking at other posts, i realize i mimicked others so they must be good ideas...LOL but i checked the ring/pendant cutter site and started browsing around and found this - what will they think of next - I'd love to have one but only hand sew occasionally - may need to add it to my wishlist - LOL

http://www.shopatron.com/index/181.0.4815.27413.0.0.0

I bought a set of the Susan Bates larger hooks in the L, M, N, P set of Crystalites this year, and am I ever having fun with them!

They are beautiful in 4 different colors and are indispensible for working with double stranded worsted weight, bulky, and super bulky.

Perhaps she would like something like these hooks.

Archived