A Crocheter Lost

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had 1 of 3 grandmothers who crocheted & while she didn't teach me (my aunt & my mother did), all three of them are gone now. I miss them all desperately. The only person I have left now who I can share my craft with is my aunt & her health has had some challenges lately. I'll say an extra prayer for you tonight.

Awww, Carrie, I am SO sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. Please accept my deepest sympathies and most sincere condolences on her loss. Remember her fondly through your craft, and she will live forever in your heart. Here is one of my favorite poems in her memory:

Do Not Stand By My Grave And Weep - by Mary Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am the sun on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there; I did not die.

Thank you all for the support through this trying time. I have printed out the responses and given them to my dad. He was very touched that women who don't really know me or my grandma offered so many prayers and hugs for us. I THANK YOU from the deepest place in my heart.

Carrie, honey, I am so sorry for your loss! You and your famly will be in my thoughts and prayers. Remember her with every project you make....use her hooks in memory of her, for she is the one who taught you......and in this way she lives on in you........... and then you must pass these skills, tools and knowledge on to others after you. The poem in post 30 (by Elle) is lovely. Hugs and kisses to you and yours:hug:hug

Carrie, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Here is a poem that I was given when my parents died, I hope you too find some comfort.

Love Me - But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road

And the sun has set on me,

I want no rites in a gloom-filled room

Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little, but not too long

And not with your head bowed low.

Remember the love that we once shared,

Miss me - but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take

And each must go alone.

It's part of the Master's plan