Haekelbeutel (Crochet Bag) CAL, Anyone???

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Meggie, yours came gorgeous :yay

I am in the process of making this bag!!! :D

I used left over red heart designer sport yarn that I had left from an afghan I made. So the squares are different colors. After completing all the squares, I pinned them together to see how the color scheme should be and decided that I would border each square with black to kind of 'clean up' the look with soo many colors. So far I have 6 sqaures done and together. I have 2 more bordered and 8 more to go :clap

I also used the G hook with it and already bought my lining fabric :clap

I made all my squares then decided to border them to make the seams look 'cleaner' since I used all different color squares instead of vareigated yarn. Well it made a considerable difference in the size so am taking 4 sqaures away and only using 3 in the height. As of tonight I have them sewn together in the cross, but still have to shape it up :clap

Just finished a comfortghan square that I want to mail out tomorrow................ so decided to start one of these bags. I have square #1 done.... :hook

I started one of these bags last year.... didnt end up liking the color.. so scraped that idea.

Well............. I'm giving it another try!

:heart

:mug

Okay Ladies I have printed out the pattern and I will start on this one tomorrow as well..

So wish me luck as i thin k it will take for ever to make one..

Me any ways

hugs

Lillibet

Okay Ladies I have printed out the pattern and I will start on this one tomorrow as well..

So wish me luck as i thin k it will take for ever to make one..

Me any ways

hugs

Lillibet

Good luck Lillibet :xfin

The squares actually good quite quickly :yes It sholdn't be nearly as bad as you're suspecting :cheer

:yay........... 5 squares done.

not bad for just getting one done here and there between other projects!

:heart

:mug

I often take a skein with me to whatever function I'm going to, especially if it's a lot of sit down time. I've gotten a LOT Of the squares done that way! I'm usually only doing about 5 or 6 rounds

• 2 weeks later...
I'm so tempted now to try this bag- it's been on my long list of WIM's for a while. I just love how yours came out Marisa!! Absolutely beautiful!!!!!

Thanks Joanne, it was easy and quite mindless actually :yes The lining was the harder part for me since I don't have a sewing machine :lol

• 1 month later...

i plan on joining yall...quote soon i hope. colors for my bag are black squares edged in gray with possibly a gray handle or a two strand black/gray combination......details forthcoming!

Archived