Haekelbeutel (Crochet Bag) CAL, Anyone???

Here it is!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/crochetk/Picture.jpg

Thanks to the diagram that was recommended, this actually turned out not to be as hard as I originally thought! I used RHSS Aran and of course RH Cherry Chip. The verigated yarn was originally intended to be a scarf for my mom but I thought this would make a nicer bag...which btw I gave to her. I am working on making one for myself now!!

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here it is!

Thanks to the diagram that was recommended, this actually turned out not to be as hard as I originally thought! I used RHSS Aran and of course RH Cherry Chip. The verigated yarn was originally intended to be a scarf for my mom but I thought this would make a nicer bag...which btw I gave to her. I am working on making one for myself now!!

I made one too, but haven't gotten the pics off my camera yet. I decided for the next one, I need to pin the sides together before sewing them :lol

Here it is!

I like your bag. I hope your mom loved it. What colors are you using for your own bag?

Here it is!

That turned out GREAT!! Glad it finally clicked for you! They are addicting and so diverse...

OK, I've done 5 or 6 of these bags now. I've even done a mini bag for a friend's daughter. Now I'm working on a mega bag for my daughter's sister in law for college. WHY can I not get them to look as nice when they are finished as the ones I see on here? Don't get me wrong, they look fantastic, but the bottoms all look funny. I can't seem to get them to look squared off like the pix you all have posted.

And the lining is still baffling me. Are there instructions for that? Did I miss something? I'm trying to design a removable, washable liner, but I'm having a bit of trouble with that as well. (big surprise there. getting an idea out of my head in yarn is hard enough. on the sewing machine is even worse than that............lol!)

I was doing so well at NOT starting one of these bags even though I'd decided after reading this thread to make a couple as Christmas presents this year, but I'm not yet finished an afghan for my MIL and I need to keep my focus on it!

So today I'm working from home (one of the perks of my position, I get to do that once or twice a week) and have an entire morning of conference calls. The first call requires my full concentration and note taking, but the second and third just need me to be there for questions and clarifications.

Well rather than work on another project through the last two calls, which means I wouldn't be giving them any of my attention, I decide to pick up a ball of yarn and make squares for the bag. Lo and behold, by the time I hang up the phone I've got 13 squares done! :eek

How am I going to explain this one to DH? :lol

I like your bag. I hope your mom loved it. What colors are you using for your own bag?

I have decided on working my bag in Cotton...Sugar and creme's peacock. I have a huge spool of it and thought it would be easy. I am two squares down and cannot wait to get started on making more!

Explain.. what's to explain? If your DH is like mine, he just smiles and nods. No explanations necessary

:hug

Yep, mine too. He pretty much only shows interest if I tell him someone wants to pay me to make them something :lol:lol

I was doing so well at NOT starting one of these bags even though I'd decided after reading this thread to make a couple as Christmas presents this year, but I'm not yet finished an afghan for my MIL and I need to keep my focus on it!

So today I'm working from home (one of the perks of my position, I get to do that once or twice a week) and have an entire morning of conference calls. The first call requires my full concentration and note taking, but the second and third just need me to be there for questions and clarifications.

Well rather than work on another project through the last two calls, which means I wouldn't be giving them any of my attention, I decide to pick up a ball of yarn and make squares for the bag. Lo and behold, by the time I hang up the phone I've got 13 squares done! :eek

How am I going to explain this one to DH? :lol

Tell him you were practing your multi-tasking :D

2834225655_8e067075c0_m.jpgHere's one I did in Red Heart SS. I did not line it; I'm just using it to store works in progress. I used a crocheted I-cord for the handles.

That's pretty, as are all of these bags. It's so fun seeing what everyone comes up with. How, if you don't mind, did you do the crochet I-cord?

Joyce

2834225655_8e067075c0_m.jpgHere's one I did in Red Heart SS. I did not line it; I'm just using it to store works in progress. I used a crocheted I-cord for the handles.

I like those colors! Reminds me of summer for some reason :D

I have decided on working my bag in Cotton...Sugar and creme's peacock. I have a huge spool of it and thought it would be easy. I am two squares down and cannot wait to get started on making more!

Sounds good. Can't wait to see it. :)

I-cord is terrific for handles--it's much faster and easier than working in a long chain, and it doesn't stretch as much. It also felts into very nice round handles if you felt it.

I love i-cord for handles!

I like this bag, too--that's why I keep visiting in here to see what you all have made!

I-cord is terrific for handles--it's much faster and easier than working in a long chain, and it doesn't stretch as much. It also felts into very nice round handles if you felt it.

I love i-cord for handles!

I like this bag, too--that's why I keep visiting in here to see what you all have made!

Oooooo, FELTED. It's my hope to eventually make one of these to felt. I have the wool, just too many other projects to do :hook

Joyce

Archived