Haekelbeutel (Crochet Bag) CAL, Anyone???

This is my second bag - it is gray heather with charcoal/white/turq lining. It is my first attempt to do a zippered pocket and a magnetic clasp. The lining pics look brown but it is charcoal. After joining the squares I liked the texture of the joining seam so I put it on the outside - the "good" side is on the inside. I am giving this to my daughter.

100_0728.jpg

100_0751.jpg

100_0752.jpg

100_0753.jpg

100_0754.jpg

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you.

Oops - I made the pics too large. For some reason the lining looks brown but it is charcoal. I also made the straps different than the pattern.

Pam

I like the square pattern you used. And your straps I like. :) I don't think anyone else has done it that way. That makes your bag unique. :yes

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently picked this back up again. Here's my progress so far:

small_64114.JPG

It's slow going because the gauge I'm working at is really small, but I won't need to line it when it's done so I don't mind.

Here are 4 more bags I have made, still have more to go as Christmas draws closer but I am knocking them out...

th_annsbag02.jpg

For my Aunt. 8 different shades of green, mostly RHSS but I think a TLC in there too.

th_maureensbag.jpg

For a cousin, 4 shades of RHSS red... Ranch Red, Cherry Red, Claret and Burgundy

th_Kristinesbag.jpg

For another cousin, this is actually the tapestry tote pattern. RHSS warm brown

th_Abbiesbag01.jpg

This one is for a cousin's daughter (what does that make her to me? ) Done in RHSS Turqua and black. Both sides are different.

th_Abbiesbag02-1.jpg

Still loving the bag, I've lost count at how many I have done but its not dampening my enthusiasm!

I still haven't lined the one I did earlier this year. Will likely wait now, until spring, since it's in more summery colors. I need to make another one to use this winter, in "wintery" colors. lol

Here are 4 more bags I have made, still have more to go as Christmas draws closer but I am knocking them out...

th_annsbag02.jpg

For my Aunt. 8 different shades of green, mostly RHSS but I think a TLC in there too.

th_maureensbag.jpg

For a cousin, 4 shades of RHSS red... Ranch Red, Cherry Red, Claret and Burgundy

th_Kristinesbag.jpg

For another cousin, this is actually the tapestry tote pattern. RHSS warm brown

th_Abbiesbag01.jpg

This one is for a cousin's daughter (what does that make her to me? ) Done in RHSS Turqua and black. Both sides are different.

th_Abbiesbag02-1.jpg

Still loving the bag, I've lost count at how many I have done but its not dampening my enthusiasm!

Those are great!

• 2 months later...

I'm finally about to start one of these and from looking at the picture it looks like the bottom will be the same size as one of your squares. So if using an 8" square your bottom will roughly be 8". Is this correct? I want to get an idea of the size before I start my squares so I know how big to make my squares.

Any tips?

• 11 months later...

I'm just about to finish up mine too!

they make great helmet bags....I keep getting my face shield scratched I am hoping this may help.

I was surprised to see this CAL. Just a few days ago I came across the two bags I made. I still didn't line them but that's okay. Oh, I like shoulder bags so I made the straps just alittle extra long. I basically just measured how long I wanted it to be. I think I'll take them out and clean them and use them again.

You should make one. It was fun to make. I'll be making one later in pink to send to my dil. Let us see when you finish one. :)

I'm thinking of making one, but not sure about the colors. I think this would be pretty in Kouigu yarn!

it looks hard to decide how it goes together. how would u line it, it is crooked looking?

After I've sewn it together and put the handles on, I cut fabric strips the same length as the height of the bag. For instance, if I use twelve squares total for the bag, I make four strips that are the height of 3 squares, plus room for a seam. Then I take the strips and machine sew them together the same way as you sew the squares together. Next step is to turn down a hem at the top of the lining and handstitch it to the crocheted part.

It sounds hard at first, but you might want to try making one in scrap yarn/remnant lining to get the hang of it. They're fun to make. Soon you'll have one in every color! :lol

• 2 months later...

These bags are so fun to make. Can't wait to see yours when your done. Could you show a picture of one square? I'd like to see the square and color. Thanks. :)

finally i started making my first bag today with anchor magicline splash no. 1460 an a 4mm hook

• 2 weeks later...

Archived