Mini Cupcake Necklace Pattern (3 images)

champygirl

Note: This Pattern is for the Cupcake Necklace only. (This is a change purse you can where around your neck.) This pattern has not been tested.

Mini Cupcake Necklace

post-11825-135897406314_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl June 26, 2008

Materials:
Yarn Needle
Size D hook-(a size E hook will work too, you’ll just have a bigger cupcake.)
Worsted weight yarn in:
(I use Red Heart supersaver yarn)
Cake color- (I used in the pic a Pale yellow, Pale green, Light blue and baby pink for the cake part in the cupcakes. I found that these colors look a lot like the cupcake liners used in making cupcakes.)
Frosting color-(White)
Necklace color-(a varigated yarn or you can use the same color from the cake part.)

Finish size: 3”high x 1 ½” at widest part. (not including ruffle.)

Note:

You do not need much yarn for these, you can easily use scraps.

Weave in ends as you go. Since its small, it will be a big pain if you wait. I found myself also crocheting over the ends.

Sometimes when I’m working in back loops only, I like to go in both back loops.

post-11825-135897406316_thumb.jpg

Directions:

Rnd 1: With Cake color ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook. (Carrying tail along). Join with sl st to first st. (6sc)

Pull tail taut to tighten starting, so hole won’t be as big.

Rnd 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each st around. Join with sl st to first st. (12sc)

Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Through back loops only this round. Join with sl st to first st. (12sc)

Rnd 4-6: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join with sl st to first st. Repeat instructions for Rnds 5 and 6. (12sc)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Rnd 7: Join Frosting color to any st of Rnd 6 with a sc. 1 sc in each of the next 11 sts. Join with sl st to first sc. (12sc)

Rnd 8: Ch 1. 2 sc in first st and 1 sc in each of the next 11 sts. Do this Rnd in back loops only. Join with sl st to first st. (13sc)

Rnd 9: Ch 1, 2 sc in first st, 1 sc in each of the next 12 sts. Join with sl st to first st. (14sc)

Rnd 10: Ch1, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 13 sts. Join with sl st to first st. (15sc)

Rnd 11: Ch 1, hdc in first st, ch 1, skip next st, [1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, ch 1, skip next st.] Do this 4 times. Hdc in last st, join with a sl st to first hdc. (10 hdc, 5 ch 1 spaces)

Rnd 12: Ch 1, 1 sc in each hdc and ch 1 space around. Join with sl st to first sc. (15sc)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Join Frosting color to any of the front loops (that were left unworked) of Rnd 7 with a sc, 5 sc in next loop, [ 1 sc in next loop, 5 sc in next loop] Do this 5 times. Join with sl st to first st. Finish off and weave in ends. (6 groups of 5 sc and 6 single sc)

With Necklace color chain 110 tightly leaving a 4 ½” to 5”-inch tail at beginning. Finish off leaving a 4 ½” to 5”-inch tail. Weave chain in and out of ch 1 spaces of rnd11. Tie tails together like you would tie you shoes. Make sure it will be able to untie.

Note:
To make necklace shorter just make less chains, if you want it longer make more chains.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl June 26, 2008. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

post-11825-135897406019_thumb.jpg

A big thanks! I love cupcake things and am thrilled with this one. I have designed a cupcake purse that I use beads on for the "sprinkles" and then I put a small doll or stuffed animal in them before I sell or give them away. This is going to be perfect!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived