June Charity Square-A-Long (June 13th-16th)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had a LOOOOOONG day, and have another LOOOOOOOOONG day scheduled for tomorrow, so I am shutting everything down (anyone know how to stop a snoring hubby?? - LOL!:P) and heading to bed!

Today's total is 9 squares, and I plan to make that many more tomorrow - maybe more?! :yes

Keep on going and watch your square pile(s) grow!!! :cheer:yay:cheer

I have had a LOOOOOONG day, and have another LOOOOOOOOONG day scheduled for tomorrow, so I am shutting everything down (anyone know how to stop a snoring hubby?? - LOL!:P) and heading to bed!

Today's total is 9 squares, and I plan to make that many more tomorrow - maybe more?! :yes

Keep on going and watch your square pile(s) grow!!! :cheer:yay:cheer

I always threaten to smother mine with a pillow! :heehee

Good morning/afternoon, depending on where you live! I'm going to snuggle up with a cup of tea, my crocheting supplies, and a movie since I was woken up earlier than planned. Our next house will have to be FAR away from a train, at least on days when I want to sleep in!! ;)

My plan is to beat my 9 squares made yesterday! Do any of you have a goal for today or for this round?! Are your squares solid colored, variegated, or a mixture of two or more colors? I haven't decided which colors yet, but mine will be three colors today! :yay

I'm off! Have a GOOD crocheting day! :cheer

Entering in late, but better late then never right??

Will be working on squares for Victoria's sweet dream blankies

Very tired today :yawn....snoring hubby who insisted that he must have ALL the covers:thair!! Sorry for the rant

Going to make large pot of coffee:morcoffee :coffeeand will sit on the porch and crochet along :hook

Well, I didn't make any squares on Friday :eek but I did make three hats with flowers for the brain surgery patients (link here). I had every intention of doing squares, and still may do some, but I really want to get some caps done first. :) Hugs, everyone! :hug

Patty & Cheryl,

I don't have a problem with you guys making caps/hats! The way I look at it, we are making items for charity - squares, granny daughters, saltines, caps/hats, etc.! Maybe I should change the name of the challenge next month? What do you guys think?! Or is there already a CAL/KAL that does this already? :crocheting

I just got done making 18 "saltines" (the first two rounds of granny squares) and will add to them this afternoon when I'm with a group of other crafters! One set of nine is started with the "winter white" color, and the other is "denim heather." Now to decide what colors to do for the next few rounds on each?! :manyheart

P.S. Looks like we have three snoring hubbies in this round!!!

Well, I have made a few saltines I guess they are called, and I didn't have enough of matching colors to make a full 6" square, I"ll either save them for when i do have scraps of coordinated colors, or I'll find a home for them somewhere.... So i'm up to 13 squares now, will crank out more 6" after I clean my house...

hello all... did not have much time to crochet yesterday but today is looking better... I finished 4 8" squares of my own design... I'm making baby ghans to donate to a local hospital...

We went to see The Incredible Hulk today, was decent, I had granny squares to take my mind off the movie :lol made 6 6" squares during the movie... we'll see if I get anymore done tonight or not.

We went to see The Incredible Hulk today, was decent, I had granny squares to take my mind off the movie :lol made 6 6" squares during the movie... we'll see if I get anymore done tonight or not.

:rofl Ada, how can you possibly crochet during a movie, IN THE THEATER!!!! :lol That has to be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. I can see you sitting there, IN THE DARK, crocheting away. :rofl Don't you like those kind of movies? I want to see that one myself but I won't be crocheting!!!!!:lol You are just too funny!

Well, I'm not doing too well today with squares OR hats. :eek I've only gotten one hat done so far. I just can't keep my mind on it. Stupid cancer problems again and waiting for stupid biopsy results is making me crazy (not that I'm making excuses, mind you, but I guess I am). :lol I'll try to get my butt in gear and start working on them in ernest (I hope). :hug

Hugs, Cherri

I just got 8 more of the bi-color squares done today. But that brings me to 80 3" squares so far.

I've crocheted during movies here at home on the TV, but I've not tried it in the theatre. Once your eyes adjust to the dark it might not be too hard. Hmmmm......

Hello! I've been gone nearly the whole day, but I did get 10 squares made! We are at the halfway point with just two more days for this round! :cheer

Cheryl, I'm sorry you are in the "wait mode" for your results. I will be praying! :hug

Crochet or knit on!! :clap And "see" you tomorrow!

Hello everyone!

Getting a late start this round... just finished my second 14 hour shift two days in a row... but I have the next 2 off, so I'll make up for lost time then!

Sounds like you are all doing well, I just glanced through.

I'll be up bright and early to get this going so I will "see" you all tomorrow!

Good morning/afternoon! :manyheart

My goal for today is to make 8 squares. My goal for tomorrow is 9 squares. That will give me a total of 36 altogether and enough for 4 Hospice lapghans! :clap

After this round, I am going to make a baby sweater to go with the afghan, washcloth, and hat (just need to trim it!) that I've made for our youngest daughter's baby shower this coming Saturday! And after I've done that, I will get back to knitting my FIRST pair of socks! :yes

Okay, time to get in the shower, out the door for church, to a celebration lunch for my hubby's Father's Day, and to go visit my BIL who is in the hospital. Then I will work on my squares for the day! :D

Can't wait to hear more updates! We can meet our goals and help others with our charity items!! :cheer:yay:cheer

Just one more day for this round! :cheer Be sure and post your grand total ASAP so I can post our group grand total right away! :clap THANKS!! :hug

Archived