June Charity Square-A-Long (June 13th-16th)

Hello! We are just about to start our next round, which will be June 13th - 16th! Here are the rules for those of you who are newbies . . .

1) Make charity squares in any size(s), color(s), and shape(s)!

2) Donate them to the charity(ies) of your choice!

3) Have FUN during the round - sending in updates as you'd like!

4) Post your round total by Tuesday night (the round goes from Friday morning when you get started until Monday night when you're done)!

"SEE" you soon! :cheer:hook:yay

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in I'm in :cheer been waiting for this thread to start :woo

This month I am working on Daisy Squares for Krystal and 6" squares for OA

My goal is to finish 9 squares for Krystal and 23 squares for OA.... that is very ambitious though and I'll be glad if I make progress toward both :)

I'm in, too. There's been a request for preemie blankets in red, white, and blue so that's what I'll be doing. I bought the yarn today and have a couple different patterns in mind.

I'm in, too. I'll probably be working on 8" squares for Crafting for a Cause. If I have time, I'm working on a lapghan for charity using 9" hexagons.(They're kinda like squares but with 2 more sides, right?):yes:)

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah, we have some already signed up for this round! :yay:cheer:yay

My goal is to make 8" and 12" squares for Hospice lapghans! :yes

I can't wait to get started, but I have to finish up what I'm making for my future grandson, who is due to arrive on or about August 7th! The shower is on the 14th, so I am BUSY! Between last night and this morning I made a car seat sized star afghan, a newborn hat (and almost done with a second one), and a matching washcloth in the star pattern!

Pass the word and get your supplies ready! :clap

-

I can't wait to get started, but I have to finish up what I'm making for my future grandson, who is due to arrive on or about August 7th! The shower is on the 14th, so I am BUSY! Between last night and this morning I made a car seat sized star afghan, a newborn hat (and almost done with a second one), and a matching washcloth in the star pattern!

Congratulations, Suzanne! You must be sooooooooo excited! :clap

I'm ready!! I've got to make 6 more 12 inch squares for my nursing home lapghan so that's what I'll be working on. Then if I get them done I'll start squares for another lapghan.

Congratulations, Suzanne! You must be sooooooooo excited! :clap

Thanks, Cheryl! I am! :D

And, yes, hexagon squares are GREAT for this challenge as well!

Ok, less than 24 hours before we get started!! Are you all ready?! :cheer:yay:cheer

I'm ready!! :hook I went to Wal-Mart today and bought some skeins of yarn...all different colors so I can play around with them. I have to go to the airport in the morning, so I'll be getting off to a slow start. But, I'm ready...let's do it! :yay

I participated in this last month and had a great time. Unfortunately, I don't have a charity to send squares to this month. I did find a moving story on another post requesting skull caps for brain surgery patients and would like to make those. I'm wondering if it's OK to do caps instead of squares?

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Patty

I participated in this last month and had a great time. Unfortunately, I don't have a charity to send squares to this month. I did find a moving story on another post requesting skull caps for brain surgery patients and would like to make those. I'm wondering if it's OK to do caps instead of squares?Patty

Patty, I see nothing wrong with the caps, since they are for charity. And I have made preemie hats to go with my preemie afghans in the past. I think the main thing is that we are contributing something to a charity. Our fearless leader is the final authority, but I say go for it.

Hello, everyone! :yay I've been gone almost all day and am going to sit and crochet tonight! I did work on some while visiting with my hospice patient this morning and will post my daily total before I hit the sheets tonight!

Remember, even one square makes a difference! :yes Keep on making those squares! :cheer

Hi, everyone. I've completed 72 squares that are 3" square. That's enough for two preemie blankets. They will be mini flags in red, white, and blue. The preemie unit requested blankets in red, white, and blue for the babies that come into the unit in July. The ones I'm making have 9 blue squares with white centers in the upper left corner and alternating rows of solid red and solid white squares for the rest.

Well I was crusing along this morning and then I hit a snag. I have 39 circles of hope and 4 six inch squares for sissie44. My old teacher called this morning, She is going in for yet another surgery on Monday so I have decided to make her a comfortgan out of purples. So I have 2 eight inch squares for that done i don't know if they count or not but that is my current project. This woman is one of the most wonderful pepole I have ever known and she is 1500 miles away and this is all I can do from here. I just want to reach out and give her a great big HUG!!

I've made 7 squares today for OA, would have been more, but I worked on my Bottom up Pineapple Shawl too (the class started today)... but I'm glad with my total :woo

Archived