Crochet Today! July/August

• 1 month later...
This is my favorite design from the issue: http://www.crochettoday.com/articlepage.aspx?articleid=287

Whoever that designer is, wow, he sure can use that hook! :rofl

:bounce

Nothing like blowing your own trumpet hey CrochetDude ;) I have to say it is my favourite pattern in this issue and I'm looking forward to making it :)

This is my favorite design from the issue: http://www.crochettoday.com/articlepage.aspx?articleid=287

Whoever that designer is, wow, he sure can use that hook! :rofl

:bounce

No that's not why I decided to get it...

Okay maybe a little.:lol

Love the shawl!

I finally got mine. I have to remember my Micheal's has them. They had 2 left on Saturday:eek. And I can use the coupons on them (did last time with the 50% off highest price item, which it was).

Debbi

I haven't seen the actual mag, but looking on the website I like the coverup & the bedspread. I sure wouldn't make the spread in TLC Cotton Plus though. I tried that for a top & the plies are super-loose & pull apart very easily. A spread wouldn't hold up long in this yarn. I didn't care for most of the rest. I'm not a nautical person either.

We don't have anywhere to buy mags in town anymore that I know of. Beverly's Fabric used to carry them but stopped. I just don't understand why. They have a huge yarn section & tons of people come in wearing crocheted hats, purses & garments. They do carry books, but lots more knitting, scrapbooking, etc than crocheting.... I'll have to make a run to Borders. They were carrying crochet mags, but who knows anymore? We just don't get our do anywhere really!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't subcribe and can't find it anywere local but I did see it on their website and I loved what I saw. My sister would love that lobster pillow and the whale afghan is so cute. The childrens wearables I would probably make along with the jewelry my sister likes funky peices.:)

My daughter said that was the ugliest jewelry she had ever seen (she is 19). I loved the nautical purse, which I made right away and have been carrying most of the summer.

I didn't like this issue at first but have found that I can't put it down. I have two WIPs from this issue - the bedspread made of six-sided pieces ( a zillion of them! ) I'm making in tan Simply Soft and it is very pretty. Also, the kid-sized afghan made of various circles in the end of the magazine I'm attempting in blues and browns. Very cute, although it will be small. May expand the size. I wasn't crazy about the nautical theme either, but I think a couple things could be modified in color, etc.

• 1 year later...
I saw a few things I liked in it, I've made the pineapple shirt and may try the whale afghan in time, when I have someone to give it to.

I'm usually disappointed in the jewelry patterns, as they seem a bit gaudy... Oh well, I still love the magazine.

can someone send me the directions for the whale afghan??? i've looked everywhere for it and can't seem to be able to get it.....please?????? thanks so much!!!!

Archived