May Charity Square-A-Long (May 16th - 19th)!!!

Hello! Are we ready to start another Charity Square-A-Long, everyone?! I have TONS of homework this weekend, but I will be making as many squares as possible in between! This month I am making them for Hospice lapghans!

For those of you who are new, here are the SIMPLE and FUN rules . . .

1) Make charity squares in ANY color or size! :clap

2) Give them to ANY charity of your choice! :clap

3) Have FUN! :clap

4) Post your totals ASAP after the round is over on Monday night! :clap

Do you have your hooks, yarn, and scissors ready?! :yay:cheer

Do you have a plan for the charity squares you are making?! :yay:cheer

Have you told a friend to come join in?! :yay:cheer

We'll get started first thing tomorrow morning - - whenever YOU are ready to get going!

"SEE" you then! :hook:hug:manyheart

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in I'll be making squares for the Charity Blitz as well, 6" squares, I want to make 30 of them this weekend... better go get my square basket organized :yes

Hey everyone! i'll be around this weekend to crochet a way on those squares too!

I am making 8 inch squares for lapghans for seniors at a local nursing home!

If anyone needs a home for there 8 or 12 inch squares send me a PM! The seniors will love their warmth!

My Square-A-Long Weekend basket is ready... it's a great basket, the largest of a set of 5 I got on sale for only $9 at A.C. Moore like 3 years ago... anyway, I have all the colors I'm going to use this weekend, and a good variety of them too so I don't get bored with the same color over and over, this basket collects my partial skeins and now and then a full skein that compliments the colors already there.... I should have enough yarn in there to make my 30 squares... :cheer

will do again..:hook..this is the best :yarn stash buster around :yes

Will look to see who is in need of squares...:crocheting..

If you want to make 6"x9" acrylic rectangles (I know they are not "really" squares) - The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project (www.rectangle6x9.org) can use them...... Just a thought :D

I'm in! I'll put aside my WIP's for a weekend, and pick a square, some yarn and make another 'blankie' or small afghan for the local women's shelter (for their children). I need to plant some flowers this weekend, rain or shine, we're having company on Saturday, but I'll do my best to get a good start!

deb

I've been looking around for awhile for a CAL to get involved in. I'm a big lurker, but finally I'm in! :hook

I'm going to go ahead and steal the idea StarStrong gave to someone else and do the 6x9rectangle project.

My first CAL and I'm ALREADY breaking the rules. LOL

This should be fun! :yay

I'm in, too. I'm sewing together the last 25 saltines on a cuddle quiltghan for the local humane society's fund raiser and then I'll be working on preemie afghans again. :hook

Well after a migraine that I had to function and suffer through for the last 3 days my hubby let me sleep in this morning until 10:15!! :cheer

And I woke up to children who were dressed for the day, had completed their chores, been fed breakfast, and were serving me breakfast in bed :yay

So, now I have nothing to do for today except feed my kids, keep up with dishes , stalk the mail man, and make squares!!!!! :woo

Well, off to get my hook a going :crocheting

Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone! I'm in the eastern time zone, so it is still morning here! :yay

Selanda, the group I'm a part of where we make items for Pine Ridge is CraftingForACause@yahoogroups. Right now we are making finger puppets, granny's daughters for yo yo afghans, two round granny's daughters for shawls, and crocheted or knitted squares. The size of the squares is 12" and there is one person collecting purple ones and another person collecting Lakota colors, which are black, white, red, and yellow. These are the challenges for April and May, and the new challenges haven't been posted yet for the upcoming months. Come join the group and get involved, if you'd like! ;)

I am just about to get started on my squares and I'm going to be working on them in between TONS of homework and my hubby putting in a ceiling fan in our living room to avoid using the air conditioner this summer! :crocheting

Let's get rolling!!!!! :cheer:yes:cheer

Hello! I've been working on a paper about homelessness today (just 1.5 more pages to go!), but I've been able to make 4 squares so far! Once this paper is done, I will be planted on the couch and crocheting for awhile and will be back later to give you an update! :hook

How are you guys coming along?! Any particular colors or sizes you are making this round?! Let us know! :yes

Suzanne what are 2 round granny's daughters? I'm thinking a granny's daughter is the first round of a granny square... in the Happy House Cal we call 2 row granny squares -saltines- are these what your 2 round granny daughters are?

I'm in ... making a baby ghan for local hospital

Archived