May Charity Square-A-Long (May 16th - 19th)!!!

I made one 6" square and a few granny daughters, haven't really counted them. I tucked in tails on a bunch of them as well.

I am using scraps and little balls. Gd are a wonderful way to get rid of those.

Unfortunately I am still sick and sleeping a lot. That reduces my crochet production. Hopefully I'll produce more tomorrow.

All I can do is sit, crochet and whatch TV anyhow. :(

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completed 1 18 x 18 inch preemie afghan today and have a start on a second one. The first is in gold and an assortment of browns. The second is in grey and 3 shades of green. I'm not sure what the border on the second will be yet.

my total for today is 8, which has me on track to finish 30 by the end of monday :)

Let's see, all 6"

2 were in this like harvest colored varigated, 1 reg granny 1 from the 63 patterns book

1 reg granny with cream, black and blues, that has color changes at odd places

1 circle in a square (from the 63 patterns book) in 2 shades of purple

1 reg granny in rasp and the 2 shades of purple from the circle in a square,

1 6" version of the diagonal hues blanket in raspberry and a light purple

one random square with a cool design in the middle, pattern from cpc, in rasp and lt purple

and the last one is a cluster square from the 63 patterns book, also in raspberry and purple

Ok yea, I'm chatty right now, sorry :lol

Good morning all! :hug I made 9 squares on Friday. :) I got totally sidetracked working on my blog. I just made it on Thursday so I'm totally obsessed with it right now. I hate being a perfectionist! :lol

WTG, everyone! I didn't post before I went to bed, but I did get three more squares made and helped my hubby put in a living room ceiling fan, with light fixtures, and clean out our bedroom closet, too! I still have A LOT of homework, but making squares in between works for me! ;)

Shelly, thanks for the explanation of the saltines! I was going to ask what those were, but now I know they are the same thing as a two round granny square . . . and now you know! :yes

Cherri, I LIKE your blog! You made some beautiful squares, too! Tell us more about the charities you enjoy making items for. Most of what I make goes to charity as well; with this month's squares going toward Hospice! :)

I'm off to eat a late breakfast, sip on my favorite tea, and get started on a few squares before I jump into another college paper! :hook

Keep up the GREAT work!! :cheer:hug:clap

Well my hubby was a knuckle head last night, when he got home from work I went to sit with him, I had already completed 8 squares so I wasn't even going to crochet anymore, was just going to make some balls with my dwindling skeins... as I sit down he said "you aren't going to crochet are you, because if you are could you sit over in the recliner" Well, BAH AT HIM! I went and sat in the recliner and made 3 more squares, so my starting amount for today is 11! I want to still get 8 done today, maybe more depending on how the day goes :cheer

Rose, hope you are feeling better today! :hug

Ada, my hubby is SO used to me working on either knitting or crocheting that he'll every so often ask who I'm making something for and will wind up balls (with or without the winder I have) if I set them aside for him! :manyheart

Can one of you tell me why I keep getting booted off of C'Ville? I send a post, step away from the computer for a few minutes, and I'm out of here when I come back?! :think

I got one 6 inch square done yesterday. I made 2 8 inch ones that will go to the friendship squares so don't know if they count as charity :lol the one was suppose to be 6 inches but came out to big so just changed it's purpose and made a matching one.

Cherri, I LIKE your blog! You made some beautiful squares, too! Tell us more about the charities you enjoy making items for. Most of what I make goes to charity as well; with this month's squares going toward Hospice! :)

Well, I belong to Crafting for a Cause, which I know you do, too. I've been making stuff for the Traveling Hook III for FARA (in the charity section here), I just started knitting and crocheting bandages for leprosy patients in Vietnam, I participate in the Charity Blitz, and I make stuff for other things that come up (like Sissie's Seniors, etc). It sure does keep me busy! :lol What charities do you participate in?

Oh, I forgot, I'm organizing a team for the 'Ville's "Games" to make items for FARA. If anyone is interested, we'd love to have you.

I've finished the 8 squares I had goaled for today, so I now have 19/30 done that I have goaled for this weekend... hey I may actually hit my goal this month!!!! I'm going to work on some more today, and if I hit my 30 for the blitz I'm going to work on squares for either OA or Krystal, still have some more to make this quarter for the goals I have for myself for those charities....

Cheryl... you didn't ask me, but we do FARA together so I'm answering the charity question as well...

I help make and assemble squares for comfortghans through the womens ministry at my church... I participate in the charity blitz... I make daisy squares for Krystal...I make 6" squares to send off to OA where Mary assembles them for people all over the country!... and as you know I'm now involved with helping raise awareness for FARA and have designed 2 squares so far specifically for the Chophook!

Hmmm.... I make a lot of squares :lol

doing very poorly this weekend... I think I have 3 6" squares and a few granny daughters...

Gotta get better tomorrow so I can get my hooks smoking :hook

Cherri/Cheryl (do you go by two different names?), I make and donate items for crisis pregnancy centers, foster children and teens, hospice patients and fundraisers, our veterans, the homeless, my Pine Ridge elder and various Pine Ridge drives (like the shawls right now), snuggles for pet shelters and their foster homes, and then various causes I hear about online. I do a combo of crocheting, knitting, and sewing for these and LOVE it! :manyheart

Deb, I'm still getting booted, but I have NO clue why??

I know there's someone else I'm forgetting to answer, but I've been reading about "reality therapy" for the past hour or so, and my own reality of tiredness has set in! I only got ONE 9" square completed today, which only gives me 8 so far! But I'm not going to kick myself in the hiney because, as I've often said here and locally to those who have donated items, even one square is a success in helping someone in need! :yes

With the above being said, I am signing off for the night and heading for my sheets! My homework, hooks, yarn, and scissors will all be here tomorrow when I wake up, unless the high winds we've had tonight blow them all away (probably not!)! ;)

Sweet dreams to all of you, or good morning to those of you just getting up for the day! BFN! :hug

I'm done for the day. I've had a busy day but still managed to get 8 6 inch squares for the Blitz made.

I do the Charity Blitz and I make lapghans for the nursing home my MIL lives in. Sometimes when time permits I make other charity items but usually it's all I can do to keep up with those 2 :lol

Cherri/Cheryl (do you go by two different names?)

My real name is Cheryl, and Cherri (pronounced Sherry) is a nickname. You can call me whatever you want (but be nice :lol).

I managed to get 10 more squares done yesterday bringing me to 19 so far. :)

I'm beginning to lose my speed, but I'm up to 25 6" squares, I have to work a little today and tomorrow, and should clean up a little bit too, at least get some dishes done... but who knows...

But hey so far this weekend I've used up a peach ball, an aran ball, a raspberry ball.... and another square and I think I'll use up this purple skein.... and I've used enough brown to make balls out of what is left of two different skeins :yay I love using up the yarn in my stash, especially when I know it will make someone else very happy!

Heather, what size lapghans do you make for your MIL's nursing home? I make them anywhere from 36" x 36" to 36" x 48" to 48" x 48", depending on the size of the wheelchairs and/or persons! :crocheting

Cheryl, I have MANY nicknames (Suzie, SuzieQ, Sue, Zan, Hot Rod Suzie, etc.), so I can relate! :D

WTG to all of you who are participating this round! I have to admit that this one has been a BIG challenge with being at a union meeting half the day, at a birthday party for my hubby's brother most of the afternoon, and the TON of homework I've had again this weekend! BUT, I have gotten 18 squares done in between all of the above! :yay

Now that we're back home again I'm going to take a tea break and then get back to my homework. My goal is to complete two more squares before the end of the day, and I will let you know if I was able to before I sign off tonight! :hook

Keep up the GREAT work, everyone! And those of you quiet, speak on up and let us know how you are coming along this round! :yes

I thought it was just me,in being booted off after stepping away for a few minutes and then trying to post,its says you're are not logged in and cannot post a reply.

my three days total is 5 - 8 inch squares and 11 - 6 inch squares,16 total so far this round.

Linda, sounds like both of us have this same problem of getting booted off! I don't have this problem at Ravelry or other web sites, so maybe it has to do with C'Ville and our internet providers not getting along?

Rose, sorry you are suffering from headaches! Do you know what causes them and have a treatment plan that works well?

I got my other two squares done for the day and am just about to sign off for the night. I thought I would have a late night of studying, but I'm whipped and am going to get up early instead!

Sweet dreams to all of you, and keep on posting your totals - - - especially your grand total after this round is over tomorrow night!

Let's go team!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:yay:cheer

Hi, everyone. I have finished three 18 by 18 inch preemie afghans so far this weekend and have a fourth just barely started. With luck I'll get it finished tomorrow. And who knows, maybe even a fifth. :crocheting

hello everyone ...not getting as much done this weekend as I wanted... too much real life getting in the way... I have completed 5 - 8" squares a few more and I'll join them for a baby blanket....

Suzanne I haven't really measured them but they are about those sizes too. :lol It just depends on the square or pattern I'm using as to how big they are.

I got 4 more 6 inchers done today for a total of 14 so far this weekend.

Archived