Dora's Blueberry Halter and Skirt Set

Aelita

The reason I call it Blueberry is b/c that's the color of the yarn.

This is the truest to the color in this pic:

DoraBlueberryOutfit1.jpg

Here is the back of it:

DoraBlueberryOutfit2.jpg

Halter Top

H hook

ww yarn

stitch markers

Referring to the pic you're going to make a chain of 60, then fasten off. From one end of the chain count out 26 chains then put a marker in the 26th chain. Do that for the other end as well. You should have 8 chains in between the stitch markers. Join your yarn in the first ch with a sc, then sc across the remaining ch's. (8 sc)

DoraHalter1.jpg

Row 1~ ch 1, 2 sc's in the first sc, sc across to the last sc, 2 sc's in last sc(10 sc).

Rows 2-6~ repeat row 1 making sure to ch 1 at the beginning of each row. By the end of row 6 you should have 20 sc's. Now do not break off the yarn, instead ch 25 then fasten off. Attach yarn to other end of row 6 and ch 25 then fasten off.

Now for row 7 you're going to refer to the pic for help. Count 16 ch's from the end of the chain 25 you did and place a marker on the 16th chain. Do the same for the other end. Now you will have 35 ch's in between these markers. Join the yarn there and ch 4 which will be your dc plus a ch.1

DoraHalter2.jpg

Now it depends on what end you join your yarn and ch 4, you may or may not have to turn. If you have to turn then you'll be at row 8. Even if you don't turn it'll still be row 8 lol.

Row 8~ you have the ch 4, so you're going to skip the next ch, *3 dc in the next ch, ch 1, sk the next ch, 3 dc in the next ch, ch 1, sk next ch* rep from * all the way to the last two ch's. Skip the next ch, ch 1, then dc in last ch, turn.

Row 9~ 3 dc in first ch 1 space, ch 1, 3 dc in next ch 1 space, repeat across, dc in top of dc. You can either fasten off here or make the top longer by repeating row 9.

Skirt

H hook

ww yarn

elastic hair band

Make 42 sc's around the elastic hair band join to first sc (42sc)

Row 1~ ch 2, hdc in same stitch as ch 2, hdc in sc around join to top ch 2.

Rows 2-4~ ch 2, hdc in same stitch as ch 2 and in each hdc around, join to top ch 2.

Row 5~ ch 2, hdc in same stitch as ch 2, make a increase twice in any hdc around so that when you join to the top ch 2 you will now have 44 hdc's.

Row 6~ ch 2, hdc in same stitch as ch 2, hdc in each hdc around, join to top ch 2.

Row 7~ ch 4, skip next hdc, 3 dc in next hdc, ch 1, sk next hdc, 3 dc in next hdc, repeat around, join in 3rd ch on ch 4.

Row 8~ repeat row 7, you can make it longer if you want or you can finish off and weave in all ends. There you have it Dora's Blueberry Halter and Skirt or whatever color you want to make it.

Oh I forgot to add that for the shoes I used a preemie bootie pattern found here:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/thumb-booties.html the only thing I did different was added one more row at the end and did a hdc aounr the opening once I joined the back and I used a F hook.

That is so cute! I couldn't find a Dora doll so I bought one that I hope is similar in size. Now, I just need to get some of my WIP and UFOs under control so I can make up some of these beautiful patterns. If only my family would slow down on having babies this year! 3 baby blankets finished with 4 more to go!:bheart

OMG!!! I totally dig your pattern writing skills. You should see me try to do that. No organization whatsoever. Dora is looking good in her cute little blueberry outfit. Nice work.

very sweet, thank you for sharing your skills with us

Archived